• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official NBASupes 2021 NBA Draft thread

NBASupes

• Premium Member

(4) Tankathon ranking of POINT GUARDS on the workout list (per Kirschner report):

Nix (#26)

Ayayi (#28)

Dosnunmu (#35)

Jones (unranked)

(4) SHOOTING GUARDS

Thomas (#32)

Christopher (#38)

Petty (#67)

Duke (#71... and what a thrill to see a David Duke to some day take the floor in an MLK uni, no??? 😄)

(3) SMALL FORWARDS

Wieskamp (#48)

Edwards (#49)

Champagnie (unranked)

(4) POWER FORWARDS

Thor (#60)

Robinson-Earl (#63)

Wright (unranked)

Mamukelashvili (unranked)

(1) CENTERS

Garza (#54)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Did a quick study and film 🎞 watch on these young point gods of 2021 that remind folks of the 2009 draft. Teague, Lawson, Maynor etc. good one that year.

I only like 3 guys.

Davion Mitchell-  You watch this guy for 2 seconds and he’s the guy. He’s the alpha, he’s the rich/poor man’s mini Lu Dort type at the point. Rugged and can flat out ball. I realize he’s a lottery pick and we probably won’t get him. He’s my #1.

Jared Butler-I’m not sure but from what I’ve seen he is probably one of the best shooters coming out. Squares his shoulders nicely and mechanics are almost flawless like a mini Klay type. His head is up looking for the next play, seems to get back defensively. Very decisive point guard with some size at 6’4”. He would be nice to run off screens when a guy like Huerter or Cam might be handling in the second unit. Could start out as our 3rd strong PG and blossom from there.

Tre Mann- The cool kid, too cool for school? Lol.This kid a a tall smooth act. If Jared Butler is the best shooter then this kid has one of the better or best floaters I’ve seen. Good size for a point with a certain swag and confidence like he’s been there.

I’d draft one of these 3 and stick them in the 3rd stringpoint guard position after the vet at the backup spot.

I've been spamming the board for Tre Man. for months now. He can do a lot of what Trae does in a 6'4" 5? frame.  He's not as dynamic as Trae, but in my opinion would make a great backup for him. I really like  Jaden Springer too. He's more of a shooting/combo guard, but I think he has plenty of upside and he's great on the defensive end. . I can be talked into any of these guys.  Though. 

Here are a few breakdowns I liked for guards that should be there around pick 20.  These guys have a lot of talent for the 20th pick. 

1. Tre Mann

2.  Jared Butler

3. Davion Mitchell

4. Jaden Springer

5. Sharifee Cooper

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I've been spamming the board for Tre Man. for months now. He can do a lot of what Trae does in a 6'4" 5? frame.  He's not as dynamic as Trae, but in my opinion would make a great backup for him. I really like  Jaden Springer too. He's more of a shooting/combo guard, but I think he has plenty of upside and he's great on the defensive end. . I can be talked into any of these guys.  Though. 

Here are a few breakdowns I liked for guards that should be there around pick 20.  These guys have a lot of talent for the 20th pick. 

1. Tre Mann

2.  Jared Butler

3. Davion Mitchell

4. Jaden Springer

5. Sharifee Cooper

Ya I didn’t study it thinking we’d trade or I just got lazy lol.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sturt said:

(4) Tankathon ranking of POINT GUARDS on the workout list (per Kirschner report):

Nix (#26)

Ayayi (#28)

Dosnunmu (#35)

Jones (unranked)

(4) SHOOTING GUARDS

Thomas (#32)

Christopher (#38)

Petty (#67)

Duke (#71... and what a thrill to see a David Duke to some day take the floor in an MLK uni, no??? 😄)

(3) SMALL FORWARDS

Wieskamp (#48)

Edwards (#49)

Champagnie (unranked)

(4) POWER FORWARDS

Thor (#60)

Robinson-Earl (#63)

Wright (unranked)

Mamukelashvili (unranked)

(1) CENTERS

Garza (#54)

Takeaways...

- This seems like players you'd work out if you were drafting in the second round... and maybe earlier than #48... but then again, the second round is such a crapshoot.

- That the list is fairly evenly distributed among positions seems indicative that there truly is no prejudice toward position.

- Have to suspect there will be another list generated in the next week or so, this time consisting of players more commonly thought to go in the #20 range.

- For those of us who prefer to see us punt the pick to a future year or trade down (ie, in the interest of building a corps of internationals we can develop, and bring over to counter the seeming likelihood that we'll be picking in the 20-30 range for awhile... as SAS did so beneficially for years), it provides reason for hope that Schlenk could be mindmelding with us. At least, just for now.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, ATLHawks3 said:

Another day, another prospect. Today, I'll introduce you to a potential phenom from Belgium. Vrenz Bleijenbergh a 6'11 G/F with a 7'1 wingspan. Reminds me a lot of Deni Avdija from last years draft. Has excellent ballhandling and playmaking skills for his size. He's excellent at making reads from the pick and roll and is a terrific lob passer.

He's also a solid shooter at this point, but he can diffidently make some improvements on his consistency and form. As he matures, he should to look to add around 15 - 20 more pounds of muscle to help him defensively and offensively. 

He can ideally play the 2, 3, and 4, so he has positional versatility. He has a really high upside if we can develop him correctly. He's a prospect that may or may not contribute from day 1, but will be a really good piece to have as he gains more and more experience.

Here's his tape:

After watching highlights on him, I think he has the most upside & versatility that we can get a 20.  I feel we can get a backup PG that fits our needs in the 2nd round with guy like Nix & Washington Jr most likely being available.

• Like 1

I just read on HOOPSHYPE that the Hawks are meeting with and working out potential draft picks right now.  Several days ago this began and it's ongoing.  Therefore, if Atlanta stays, moves up or down in either the 1st round or the second round or both, they will have a pretty good idea of who is available.

Hawks might trade a player and a draft pick and move.  

I would like a trade with the Kings for Tyrese Haliburton.  Offer them both draft picks and Dunn.  See what they would offer as a counter move.  Maybe add a couple of those round two draft picks we have.  Kings probably wouldn't bite.  You can't catch a fish unless you entice them with something.

:smug:

9 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I would be all dead set on Butler train if it wasn't for those medical issues. He's an easy lotto pick if he had no heart concerns.

I've looked more into him lately and if the ATL medical staff says he's good to go you run to the podium.  He just does so much so well and to get that in a backup point guard would be great!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I just read on HOOPSHYPE that the Hawks are meeting with and working out potential draft picks right now.  Several days ago this began and it's ongoing.

Fyi, Gray...

• Premium Member

If it turns out, after much exploration with other teams on trades, none of those make sense and we have no better option than to draft @ #20, count me with the Jared Butler advocates.

That's even if he has some medical concerns. Because I don't want him forced into the #2 PG slot anyhow for 21-22.

Sign Patty Mills or Derrick Rose for a year, and let Butler fulfill the long-term part of what Schlenk indicated to Kirschner he wants to do.

If Butler's gone, honestly, I don't see anyone that is a slam dunk value.

That is, unless someone generally getting mocked in the top 12 falls. Sengun would be one, but the latest I've seen him going in any credible (not just Joe No Name) mock is something like #18.

If you got him, Sengun would be a 5th big who conceivably ends up taking Gallo's role in 22-23.

Edit: Givony over at ESPN concurs (who, in fact, does live up to expectations and routinely puts out one of, if not, the best mock drafts every year... in terms of lottery picks anyhow)...

2021-07-15_14-30-46.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't be the only person that wants Ayo Dosunmu to fall to us with our pick. There's no other guard in that range I want more than him.

He's an option, but when you consider age and upside, there may be a few better prospects in my opinion. I wouldn't be upset with him, I just see some prospects who I think would be a better fit right now and produce more in the future.  Jared Butler, Tre Mann, Jared Springer, Bones, and Ayo are very good options at 20 though.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I can't be the only person that wants Ayo Dosunmu to fall to us with our pick. There's no other guard in that range I want more than him.

I 100% agree with you. He checks the most boxes for me compared to other prospects that will be available. He's shown consistent growth in his 3 years at Illinois, and I don't think he has any glaring weaknesses coming into the NBA. That's the kind of player that contributes to winning immediately. Seems that most people have soured on him though. There are a lot of worthy combo guards in this draft, so I get how others are more favored, but I hope Ayo is the Hawks pick at #20.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Am I missing something? Pretty much all these workouts are with guys projected to go below #20 regardless of the source.

Hmmm. What's up with that.

From Hoops Rumors:

2021-07-15_16-52-29.png

Big fan of Bleijenbergh in the 2nd... can let him develop another year or two in Europe, too.