• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official NBASupes 2021 NBA Draft thread

NBASupes

There are some players that make sense at 20th but I Guess Hawks already know about them. They did not work Reddish or Okongwu... I Guess they want to keep the 2nd round picks As well... Springer, Mann, Butler, Dosunmu, I like any of the 4 at 20, my preferred choice is Mann now.

Edited by gurpilo

• Premium Member
On 7/14/2021 at 11:21 AM, Sothron said:

There's only only correct answer on who we should draft. Ayo Dosunmu. Kid is a legit stud at 6'5" with long wingspan and has the killer mentality. Would absolutely love to have him on our team.

Agree that Ayo seems like a good fit in terms of "could potentially help right away." But do a Google search of "Nigerian Civil War" and you'll see why I at least would want to be sure Schlenk talks to both Onyeka (whose family is Igbo) and Ayo (whose family is Yoruba) and get their thoughts before making that pick. It's not unlike bringing in both an Ulster Scot and an Irishman or players from the former Yugoslav countries...they're probably cool with playing with each other, but you wanna make sure...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

As a public service to those who aren't participating in the The Athletic experiment financially, and otherwise for what it's worth (depending on the stock you give to any single NBA draft "expert," in this case, John Hollinger)... here's some selected chatter pertaining some of the guys I've seen some HS posters chattering about (including my own)... for this post, limited to the PG/SG chatter I've seen... 

2021-07-16_11-45-19.png

2021-07-16_11-51-05.png

2021-07-16_11-50-45.png

2021-07-16_11-50-05.png

2021-07-16_11-49-42.png

2021-07-16_11-49-21.png

2021-07-16_11-46-04.png

• Like 1

22 hours ago, niremetal said:

Agree that Ayo seems like a good fit in terms of "could potentially help right away." But do a Google search of "Nigerian Civil War" and you'll see why I at least would want to be sure Schlenk talks to both Onyeka (whose family is Igbo) and Ayo (whose family is Yoruba) and get their thoughts before making that pick. It's not unlike bringing in both an Ulster Scot and an Irishman or players from the former Yugoslav countries...they're probably cool with playing with each other, but you wanna make sure...

Onyeka is American born. Very few, if any, American born Nigerians hold tribal grudges against other Nigerians. Do you think this is an issue for team Team Nigeria? I think not. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Onyeka is American born. Very few, if any, American born Nigerians hold tribal grudges against other Nigerians. Do you think this is an issue for team Team Nigeria? I think not. 

I straight-out said it's probably not an issue. But it's far from unheard of. I'll stop there.

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

There still is differences but as of right now, SE/SS want Biafra and SW want Oduduwa Rep. Nigeria is a failed state that's the British are looting blind with the Islamic caliphate. 

My preferences

1) Trade out of our picks this year in lieu of a vet PG or Big.

2) There are rumors Kai Jones falls. If he falls to 15 or lower pick him/trade up to pick him.

3) Best available PG left at 20.

2nd round - should we actually take a 2nd rounder this year, IMHO the most underrated player on the board is Neemias Queta from Utah St. Potential steal of the draft (again imho). Expect this guy to start climbing before the draft. He is the most underrated player in the draft (IMHO).

Scouting report: https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/neemias-queta-scouting-report/

If not for a knee injury, he's a first round pick. Current projection is 54. We pick 48 (from Miami).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Been watching tape, and my perception is that this is what CC would look like on tape if he had about 15% more body mass and height, and performance-wise, I'm perceiving about the same timeline as CC took to becoming what he is today. So, I don't see in Queta any immediate help if that's a priority in the decision. But in 3 years, he might be one of the top 5 defensive centers in the league.

Here's Hollinger's take... and yeah, he's high on Queta...

2021-07-17_10-11-56.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If this guy is cleared, we should definitely give him a look...Defends, shoots, and playmakes at high level. I see him having a Haliburton type rookie impact.. Just a winning player..What you say Gramps? lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, bleachkit said:

As a Nigerian-American (Yoruba) born in GA I can tell you it's very much a non-issue. Old heads may prefer their kids to marry within their tribe but outside of marriage it's never brought up, especially among the youth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrell said:

If this guy is cleared, we should definitely give him a look...Defends, shoots, and playmakes at high level. I see him having a Haliburton type rookie impact.. Just a winning player..What you say Gramps? lol

:indifferent: did you just call him.. I saw Gramps and I thought I made this post. :upsidedown: I’m a little confused 😕… nevertheless Jared Butler is my guy, I haven’t really had a guy but this kid makes the right plays with good fundies and spectacular shoot mechanics.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:indifferent: did you just call him.. I saw Gramps and I thought I made this post. :upsidedown: I’m a little confused 😕… nevertheless Jared Butler is my guy, I haven’t really had a guy but this kid makes the right plays with good fundies and spectacular shoot mechanics.  

I know he loved Haliburton thats all....lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, terrell said:

If he's medically cleared and there at 20, the only question about him is what number will he wear.  Cause number 12 is currently occupied on the Hawks' roster.  😄 .

Edit: And just like that he's medically cleared.  I'm not sure he'll be there at 20 though.  

The Hawks have so many quality options at 20. 

1. Tre Man 

2. Jared Butler, 

3. Jared Springer

4. Shairef (sp) Cooper

5. Ziaire Williams

6. Josh Christopher

7. Bones Neyland ( if he's still there in the second round, you run to the podium).

My initial pause on Jared was I thought he was older than he was. I was confusing him with the guy that's 24 years old. Jared is only 20 and I believe he was a Junior last year.  He'd be a great backup PG option when considering all the things he brings to the table. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If he's medically cleared and there at 20, the only question about him is what number will he wear.  Cause number 12 is currently occupied on the Hawks' roster.  😄 .

Edit: And just like that he's medically cleared.  I'm not sure he'll be there at 20 though.  

The Hawks have so many quality options at 20. 

1. Tre Man 

2. Jared Butler, 

3. Jared Springer

4. Shairef (sp) Cooper

5. Ziaire Williams

6. Josh Christopher

7. Bones Neyland ( if he's still there in the second round, you run to the podium).

My initial pause on Jared was I thought he was older than he was. I was confusing him with the guy that's 24 years old. Jared is only 20 and I believe he was a Junior last year.  He'd be a great backup PG option when considering all the things he brings to the table. 

He's the best fit for us at 20 if we're drafting based on need. Happy that he was cleared.

• Like 2