• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The official NBASupes 2021 NBA Draft thread

NBASupes

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Imagine for a minute that Cam Reddish stayed in school for 2 more years and was coming out this year. Are Cade and Mobley still consensus number 1s?

Also imagine Okongwu stayed in 1 more year. Would Cade and Mobley still be consensus 1/2.

I don't see the draft as weak, just not top heavy like past drafts. I see a lot of value, a lot of NBA players. I don't see Trae, Luka, Ayton.

Zero reason for either of those two to stay in school in the current climate. 

Back in the 90s when they wanted polished prospects, they would have stayed a year or two longer but teams don't care about that in 2021. 

• Like 1

I think I like Bones the most if the Hawks are going backup PG because of his three point shot.

I'd still look to sign a backup PG though. 

Cam Thomas would be fine, but if you're going with a CG type, I'd go with Bones over him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Imagine for a minute that Cam Reddish stayed in school for 2 more years and was coming out this year. Are Cade and Mobley still consensus number 1s?

Also imagine Okongwu stayed in 1 more year. Would Cade and Mobley still be consensus 1/2.

I don't see the draft as weak, just not top heavy like past drafts. I see a lot of value, a lot of NBA players. I don't see Trae, Luka, Ayton.

It's interesting that before the season evaluators talked like there were 5 prospects in this class that would have gone #1 overall if they were in the previous draft. I dunno if they still feel that way, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to have a Trae or a Luka in every class. An Ayton level player is probably there a far as overall impact. 

I feel a lot of people think Cade can reach Trae and Luka levels, but I'm not so sure. We'll see 😃

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Reading about Evan Mobley…why can’t cats like this be available at 3 when we draft ? Don’t get it twisted..I have and always will support Trae. However, you can’t read about this guy and not envision everything the NBA hoped Giannis would develop into.

I think he’s gonna bust. Lol. Ok not bust but I’m not enamored.

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think he’s gonna bust. Lol. Ok not bust but I’m not enamored.

I mean I get it..I knew nothing about him until last night.

However 7 ft with guard skills and the defensive talent. Ton of positional versatility. Undersized weight wise but only 19 and could realistically gain 35-40 lbs over the next 3-5 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I completely disagree with the bolded and I don't believe his shooting is that bad. I don't even dislike his form, I prefer he has a quicker setup but his form is fine. His feet are always set. The issue with Cooper is off the dribble shooting, that's where he's bad and he didn't even bother to do it at his pro day. LOL! 

I never said he would do that as a rookie at all. Are you reading my posts? 

You didn't make the part about giving him 33 minutes very clear. You were talking about 16 minutes and went on to discussing 33 minute averages. So I assumed you were still discussing rookie season. My bad.

I went back and rewatched some scouting videos of Sharife and you are correct. I was over exaggerating how bad his form was, but it still needs to be reworked. I guess I was outterly shocked as he fell back on his shot during my first watch of him.

He will be able to get to the rim, but the finishing will still be rough do to his size. His dribble is tight and he is really quick. I won't be disappointed if the Hawks draft him. He is the same tier as the guards I listed above right now to me.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I mean I get it..I knew nothing about him until last night.

However 7 ft with guard skills and the defensive talent. Ton of positional versatility. Undersized weight wise but only 19 and could realistically gain 35-40 lbs over the next 3-5 years.

I said Blake Griffin would bust too so… I mean. :indifferent:

• Haha 2

Hawks, taking a lesson from the Falcons:

The Falcons had the #4 pick.  They don't have a young QB to train.  The 1st three picks were all QB.  Atlanta had the choice of every non QB in the draft.  They chose a tight end who looks like a sure all star for many seasons ahead,

Hawks don't really have a great PG behind Trae.  Suppose, with all the rich guards in the draft, many of the top 19 teams choose one of these, leaving that great big man.  Bingo!  Atlanta doesn't go the PG route.

Sometimes the very best deal is the deal you didn't make.  Sure.  We need a PG.  But, will we pass up that "other" player just because he's not a PG?  Nope.  Knowing Travis, we don't.

:smug:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Not a bad video. Gotta admit, Garuba is starting to garow on me :heya:

He's a nice fit when we eventually go to Okongwu at the 5. He can block shots and protect the rim like Ibaka. He might be the best overall fit but I don't see him being around at 20. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

You didn't make the part about giving him 33 minutes very clear. You were talking about 16 minutes and went on to discussing 33 minute averages. So I assumed you were still discussing rookie season. My bad.

I went back and rewatched some scouting videos of Sharife and you are correct. I was over exaggerating how bad his form was, but it still needs to be reworked. I guess I was outterly shocked as he fell back on his shot during my first watch of him.

He will be able to get to the rim, but the finishing will still be rough do to his size. His dribble is tight and he is really quick. I won't be disappointed if the Hawks draft him. He is the same tier as the guards I listed above right now to me.

He's gonna take a year but year 2, he's gonna be really really good. 

Hey, Supes, what do you think of swingman Aaron Henry of Michigan State?

I think he could be a real sleeper in the mid/late first round.

The first couple of years in college he was a real defensive presence and glue guy.

But this past year he was forced to be their primary initiator and he really thrived, adding that dynamic element to his game.

And his shooting seems pretty solid, as he works further on it with Mike Miller.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, parfait said:

Hey, Supes, what do you think of swingman Aaron Henry of Michigan State?

I think he could be a real sleeper in the mid/late first round.

The first couple of years in college he was a real defensive presence and glue guy.

But this past year he was forced to be their primary initiator and he really thrived, adding that dynamic element to his game.

And his shooting seems pretty solid, as he works further on it with Mike Miller.

He's been a guy the draftniks loved for years, especially last year. I have to do more research on his 2021 season. His 2020 received high Mark's from me. Let me get back to you on that one

• Like 1

I see some mocks giving us Cam Thomas. Don't really like him as a prospect. Good scorer sure but lord his game looks horrendous. Putrid defender, terrible playmaker, and his offensive game lives off a steady diet of highly contested midrange jumpshots. I don't mind if we get him in say the 2nd round but just not feeling him at all as a 1st round pick.

18 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I see some mocks giving us Cam Thomas. Don't really like him as a prospect. Good scorer sure but lord his game looks horrendous. Putrid defender, terrible playmaker, and his offensive game lives off a steady diet of highly contested midrange jumpshots. I don't mind if we get him in say the 2nd round but just not feeling him at all as a 1st round pick.

He's an exceptional scorer. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks, taking a lesson from the Falcons:

The Falcons had the #4 pick.  They don't have a young QB to train.  The 1st three picks were all QB.  Atlanta had the choice of every non QB in the draft.  They chose a tight end who looks like a sure all star for many seasons ahead,

Hawks don't really have a great PG behind Trae.  Suppose, with all the rich guards in the draft, many of the top 19 teams choose one of these, leaving that great big man.  Bingo!  Atlanta doesn't go the PG route.

Sometimes the very best deal is the deal you didn't make.  Sure.  We need a PG.  But, will we pass up that "other" player just because he's not a PG?  Nope.  Knowing Travis, we don't.

:smug:

Yes sir BA baby!