• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I know the name Scott Foster and that isn't ok for a ref in my opinion. 

Shhhhh, we're not on his (s)hit-list yet.  Let him do work, mayne.

He was on our game vs PHX.  The one where we whipped dey a**.  We're in good hands (I hope). 🤫

Eta: Atleast we know he's not afraid to call t's and flagrants when he sees them.  Unlike these young offbrand refs we've been getting.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We want the New York Knicks and their unctuous supporters to mutter, "Well, we’ll just see you back here in Game 6!” and “Knicks in 7!” once today’s affair concludes.

FIVE STARS for using the word "unctuous."  Excellent word choice and masterful writing, as always.  Thanks. 

• Premium Member
On 5/27/2021 at 12:49 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

We need more from our front court: Capela, Collins, Gallo and Snell, now Solo

We can't settle for 3s.

No more ALL BENCH (unless they are on fire). No more 'Normal' rotation

More Hunter driving, they have no answer for him.

More Trae minutes. It's the playoffs.

Clean up our defensive backboard.

Same as Game 3 with some additions.

• Thanks 1

I’m guessing Randle’s length isn’t an issue, whereas many 4s give John trouble with this.  He and Clint notably (but really everyone) are just forming sound, timely doubles on him.  He hasn’t been a facilitator or focal point long enough to mix up his triple-threat attack and make it confusing.  Not with Nate coaching and Clint anchoring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The doubles are soft and, I think, coming from different places at times.  His indecisiveness is due to him not being an actual playmaker.  He can make the obvious pass but, if that's not available, he doesn't know what to do.  It's why he's been jumping to pass a lot, iiuc.

Bruh we just basically posted the same thing.  Eerie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Man....we better not come with that bullshit today.  Up 2-1, at home, with a chance to end it in their house.......with the MLK jerseys on?

The only thing better than us showcasing each of our 4 beautiful uniforms to open the playoffs, is the fact that Nike gives playoff teams a 5th "earned edition" jersey the next season.

I wanted us to do a strictly black and yellow colorway in the same template as the current jersey's, which would be very unique to the NBA, but the Heat beat us to it with theirs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have a serious question - How the heck is Gallo able to stay in front Randle? 🤔

Kevin said he worked on his footwork a great deal but I’m not sure if it was more private or administered by the staff, his father is a well-respected coach.  

With Gallo I think they just got fed up and went back to the basics.  Every one of Gallos steps has to be perfect lol.  When they aren’t he plays much smaller than he is and compromises his good center of gravity.  If he’s in good position Randle gets frustrated with length.  Like @kg01 stated Nate is designing the hell outta them soft doubles.  He doesn’t know who’s coming from where.  They showed a clip where he implored his teammates to talk on defense (something I’m sure they do but need to even more with Trae) but they struggle with it on offense apparently.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2