• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

We have to keep in mind the Knicks basically gameplanned to take away the lobs leaving Trae pretty much wide open from floater range. If we see Philly try something different it will open up the scoring for both JC and Cap.

IIRC - Philly has played drop coverage on Trae, since Embiid doesn't step up on the PnR...but that's what I remember from last year anyway.  Strange, I don't remember much of those games from this season. Oh well. 

Anyone has a link from this season's games vs Philly?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC - Philly has played drop coverage on Trae, since Embiid doesn't step up on the PnR...but that's what I remember from last year anyway.  Strange, I don't remember much of those games from this season. Oh well. 

Anyone has a link from this season's games vs Philly?

My question is can the hawks defense make simmons turn the ball over and make his unable to shoot outside 10 ft a problem?

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

My question is can the hawks defense make simmons turn the ball over and make his unable to shoot outside 10 ft a problem?

Hunter will most likely guard Simmons and will be able to play free safety off of Simmons since he is such a reluctant shooter outside the paint.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

"too bad you're gonna get swept next round" Love these msm idiots that watched the Hawks for the first time this series make their backhanded compliments. Good, we'll be able to see them look like the absolute ignorant idiots they are once again.

they'll find out soon this atlanta team is different.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

"too bad you're gonna get swept next round" Love these msm idiots that watched the Hawks for the first time this series make their backhanded compliments. Good, we'll be able to see them look like the absolute ignorant idiots they are once again.

the dude also said "hawks beat the sixers one time this year and that was without blah blah blah" why do these dingbats keep referring to the regular season to make playoff predictions? it's been like this since forever, maybe it's to get people angry get their "15 minutes of hate" or whatever sells soda pop and ding dongs? i don't know but i love it to be honest.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

the dude also said "hawks beat the sixers one time this year and that was without blah blah blah" why do these dingbats keep referring to the regular season to make playoff predictions? it's been like this since forever, maybe it's to get people angry get their "15 minutes of hate" or whatever sells soda pop and ding dongs? i don't know but i love it to be honest.

Funny they didn't bring up the fact we were banged up every single game against the Knicks... or the other games Philly won. Like I said, these guys have never seen a full Hawks game until the Knicks series.  They don't even know this team can play a lot better offensively then they did against NY.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Funny they didn't bring up the fact we were banged up every single game against the Knicks... or the other games Philly won. Like I said, these guys have never seen a full Hawks game until the Knicks series.  They don't even know this team can play a lot better offensively then they did against NY.

yep, and they can't even acknowledge like you said the hawks can WIN without hitting their shots.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae in the 4th quarter

5 - 7 FG ( 2 - 4 3FG ) . . . . 8 - 9 FT . . 18 pts

Right, but he was very lucky to have a 12 point lead in the 4th the way he shot the other 3 quarters. He got some of those points when the Knicks were already checked out. It is what it is, not every game can be a masterpiece. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It might feel like luck but our defense was locked in last night, and they've been locked in all playoffs.  It's actually surreal watching a team with a solid defense because you get so many more opportunities to build on a lead or come back in a game.  Reminds me of watching those 90s Braves teams with stupid good pitching, and then when it's gone, you're like "wow, we're not always just one swing away from winning the game"

No, I said Trae was lucky (not that he hasn’t bailed the team out countless times). Like you said, his team had his back and suffocated the Knicks. It was beautiful. 

• Like 1