• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, sturt said:

R.23b235dc797fd3b128bea83cdee90a5d?rik=4   .... I've got $6.4m below the tax. What am I missing?

2021-08-10_21-24-57.png

Collins at $23 million

Capela at $18.6 million ($1.5 million in likely incentives)

Mays also has a $1.4 million caphold (since he hasn't signed a contract as yet)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Collins at $23 million

Capela at $18.6 million ($1.5 million in likely incentives)

Mays also has a $1.4 million caphold (since he hasn't signed a contract as yet)

Yep. Thanks. I knew but hadn't thought to adjust the Collins number, and I knew about Mays but discount that since that would vanish anyhow as soon as a new signing would occur (the only consequence being that Mays either is on a standard or a two-way, but either way, it's resolved).

What I'd missed was that likely-incentives thing for Capela... but even then, the luxury tax only actually matters at the end of the season, when your payroll either exceeds the threshold or it doesn't, so it's really not that big of an issue right now if Travis were to sign someone to a $4m contract. The caphold comes off and Mays' two-way money has no effect... assuming Capela gets incentive pay, still would be less than $1m over.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

We'll finally be able to see if the Hawks are gonna get any more respect with the national TV games. 

Does the NBA have a more entertaining player than Trae?

• Like 1

Memphis turned Jonas Valanciunis, the draft pick that was used on Trey Murphy, and the draft pick that was used on Brandon Boston into:

• Jared Butler
  • Zaire Williams
  • Steven Adams
  • Jarrett Culver
  • Juancho Hernangomez
  • Daniel Oturu
  • Rajon Rondo

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Memphis turned Jonas Valanciunis, the draft pick that was used on Trey Murphy, and the draft pick that was used on Brandon Boston into:

• Jared Butler
  • Zaire Williams
  • Steven Adams
  • Jarrett Culver
  • Juancho Hernangomez
  • Daniel Oturu
  • Rajon Rondo

who is there GM?

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, KB21 said:

• Jared Butler
  • Zaire Williams
  • Steven Adams
  • Jarrett Culver
  • Juancho Hernangomez
  • Daniel Oturu
  • Rajon Rondo

Jonas was very good for Memphis and I'm not in love with much on that list.  I do like Adams but not confident he'll give more to them than Jonas did.  Whether Ziaire Williams pans out seems to me to be what determines this trade.  Most of those guys I would cut or think long and hard about cutting before giving them one of our 15 roster spots.

• Like 1