• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you believe in the Trae Young Rule Yet.

Diesel

It was a relief to get that call on the brake check.  The other foul they were questioning was the three pointer.  SVG basically said it shouldn’t be a foul.  
Getting one call on one brake check doesn’t settle this for me.  A lot of other fouls were not called and Trae was passing out of non calls while he was up in the air.  
Gonna need to watch this play out a few more games.  That 3 SVG questioned was not an awkward motion at all.  The whistle was very late.  Still some BS to come I think.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, AHF said:

This was a pretty incredible low FT game.  Trae got 5 of the Hawks total 9 FTA.  Luka got 4 of the Mavs total 13 FTA.

I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of play and less stop/start with decreasing the foul calls.  If their goal was to improve enjoyment of watching the game with the new rules then I am all for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just like cars 🚗 if you are the car in front you can break at anytime and if they hit you from behind it’s on them. But you just can’t put it in reverse.

@hazer thank you. The Curry/Harden rule. Trae doesn’t do that. 

Yes.  Having sold insurance for 20 years or so I know how this works.  If the vehicle in front of you comes to a stop, you must also stop without hitting them.  If you hit them, it's your fault.

Trae can come to a quick stop.  If a defender hits him from behind, he is at fault.  

:sun:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I get the rules changed but what I'm actually seeing is ref-revenge being taken out.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47jtjccj2f807mewdb7

Ayo Steve ....

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47dgfmvsktpcokuvthadc

ETA: For my ongoing war, I may borrow your link and joke, jayu ...

Go right ahead, finger at the ready for the incoming And1 :spiteful:

• Haha 3

On 10/22/2021 at 9:54 PM, Jdawgflow said:

I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the pace of play and less stop/start with decreasing the foul calls.  If their goal was to improve enjoyment of watching the game with the new rules then I am all for it.

Amen.  FTs league wide are below 20 per game for the first time in history and it’s absolutely glorious.  The ones complaining are the ones without the wherewithal to play physical defense and circumvent foul calls themselves.  It’s early but I gotta tout any defensive strides Trae makes: currently 12th in defensive plays per foul.  Who was 12th last season?  Rudy freaking Gobert.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Amen.  FTs league wide are below 20 per game for the first time in history and it’s absolutely glorious.  The ones complaining are the ones without the wherewithal to play physical defense and circumvent foul calls themselves.  It’s early but I gotta tout any defensive strides Trae makes: currently 12th in defensive plays per foul.  Who was 12th last season?  Rudy freaking Gobert.

I don't mind physical basketball and less freethrows, but what happened in Cleveland grinded my gears. Let both teams be physical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2