• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign Kevin Huerter to a 4 year, $65 Million contract extension

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member

Thinking back to the IND fans on RealGM who scoffed at the idea of a one-for-one trade in the lead-up to the 2020 draft... just-back-from-injury Oladipo for promising young Huerter.

Who's stupider, them or me?

Don't answer that.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tremendous deal. Especially considering his role can grow in a year as it did with Bogi

Honestly, I was anticipating nothing less than $19m aav would get it done, and still can't believe both sides didn't figure it best to just do the John Collins dance next off-season.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dejay said:

I keep telling you guys about that dude...

'You have no need to become a restricted free agent...'

'I have no need to be a restricted free agent...'

'Staying in Atlanta would be best for you...'

'Staying in Atlanta would be best for me...'

databank_jedimindtrick_01_169_a491266d.jpeg.jpg

8 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Schlenk is on fire here in Atlanta nailing almost all the picks and now the extensions.

The Logo done told y’all:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/nba-legend-west-endorsed-schlenk-for-hawks/Mj7MG9rTKnHBeAkRT68K1N/?outputType=amp

• Like 4

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I agree.  We have to be ready to strike and bring in another superstar when the opportunity arises.  

My main concern for our team is if we are on the Memphis Grizzlies trajectory from years ago.  A young team makes the conference finals unexpectedly, keeps the core in tact, and never reaches the same level again.  Or maybe it's like the current Boston team that didn't make the right moves with the assets and capspace they had.  Capspace is out the window for us right now.  

Still, I think this is one of the best cores we have ever had, maybe the best?  You at least have to go back to the Smitty, Mookie, Mutumbo team.  I would definitely put this ahead of Bibby, Horford, JJ, and Josh Smith teams.  

I should just enjoy the moment for now.

The Grizz with Conley / Gasol?   They didn't have the superstar guard/wing required for a title in this league.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The Grizz with Conley / Gasol?   They didn't have the superstar guard/wing required for a title in this league.  

To be clear they were a much different style of play and roster.  My comparison is a young team that unexpectedly made the conference finals and stayed competitive but never reached that level again. 
Perhaps there is another thread for a discussion on if our core is complete and we are set as contenders for the next 5 years.  I only see one superstar, Trae, and the history suggests you don't win titles with one superstar.  I simply don't think we're done.  We need one more major move unless we become a rare team that wins a title with one star.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I agree.  We have to be ready to strike and bring in another superstar when the opportunity arises.  

My main concern for our team is if we are on the Memphis Grizzlies trajectory from years ago.  A young team makes the conference finals unexpectedly, keeps the core in tact, and never reaches the same level again.  Or maybe it's like the current Boston team that didn't make the right moves with the assets and capspace they had.  Capspace is out the window for us right now.  

Still, I think this is one of the best cores we have ever had, maybe the best?  You at least have to go back to the Smitty, Mookie, Mutumbo team.  I would definitely put this ahead of Bibby, Horford, JJ, and Josh Smith teams.  

I should just enjoy the moment for now.

Well it can always be second guessed, but right now given what we know it is definitely the correct decisions to lock down our young core and see how they can work together in the future. Regardless of how the end results turn out it was the correct decision to do that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

The below article contains a list of the players "not" extended.  Some really interesting names on this list. Ayton, Bamba, Bagley, Bridges, Sexton......

Gives some perspective on just how good Schlenk has been as the GM.  I think its possible at least 3 people in this list find new homes by the trade deadline.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/players-didn-t-extend-headed-231625795.html

Ayton is the only one that is the real surprise, but then again it's the Suns.  He was looking for a 5 year max, Suns were offering a 4 year max.

Sexton - seeking a max

Miles Bridges - asking for $20 million per .🤨

The rest - not surprised.

• Haha 1