• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, bleachkit said:

We could of tried. Wright is not contributing, and making similar money. There's a reason he is on his 6th team.  

We might've.

Don't get me wrong, I'm kinda cool on Wright.  To me, his play is showing why he's bouncing around.  Not very athletic.  Not a shooter.  Kinda muted impact.

Likely Caruso would be better, but it's debatable.  We need the B/u pg to be a bit of a bus driver, offensively (imho).  Caruso thrives as being 'just' a passenger, impacting in spots.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We might've.

Don't get me wrong, I'm kinda cool on Wright.  To me, his play is showing why he's bouncing around.  Not very athletic.  Not a shooter.  Kinda muted impact.

Likely Caruso would be better, but it's debatable.  We need the B/u pg to be a bit of a bus driver, offensively (imho).  Caruso thrives as being 'just' a passenger, impacting in spots.

2.3 pts per game on 34.3%. He's not good. 

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We're not arguing that point.

As it is, wonder if the rookie needs to be tossed into the fire.  Not my first choice, but we don't get an offseason do-over.

Maybe they thought he could be useful in a trade as an expiring. Id like to see us make a move if possible. 

One thing with Wright that I like is the fact that he crashes offensive boards. I can some him getting a big one during the playoffs at some point. I can also see us packaging him in another deal. 

Agree with Gramps though, I like the fact the we went big with our BU PG. I mean we have a smaller one in Coop in the lab 🧪 but I don’t mind Wright. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Wright is all right.  There is a reason he's not a starter and making big $$$.  We of the Squawk wanted a bigger PG as a backup.  We have a bigger PG.  Look at how long he's been a Hawk.  Consider how many minutes he has played as a Hawk.

Oh, well.  We must have something to gripe about.

:cry:

And remember when we kept singing the praises of Dunn, that once he got back from injury he would be a defensive stopper, etc. I know once a guy puts on Hawks uniform we want to root for them, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses and I'm afraid that might be the case with Wright. He is an expiring fortunately, so deals can be had hopefully. 

• Premium Member

So just everyone knows: Mrs. Sothron and I will be going to Jacksonville for Turkey day and that weekend. I will not be able to watch the games on Wednesday and Friday and I will not be taking the LJ jersey with me. Hopefully we can still win these games without that extra Grandmama flavor.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

So just everyone knows: Mrs. Sothron and I will be going to Jacksonville for Turkey day and that weekend. I will not be able to watch the games on Wednesday and Friday and I will not be taking the LJ jersey with me. Hopefully we can still win these games without that extra Grandmama flavor.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

At least post the pic in the new game threads....we'll fake it like it's current! Won't tell anyone.

• Haha 2

I will not be able to watch the games on Wednesday and Friday and I will not be taking the LJ jersey with me.

These aren’t your words these orders came in from above, General Mrs. Soth :laugh1:

ps Just put the jersey in your suitcase 🧳, or does this thing go deeper? Is someone in Jacksonville targeting you in that grandmama jersey? If so, don’t fret, kg got someone there. :mellow:

• Like 1

Oh, the confused reaction comes from you know, why you can’t take a jersey on vacation.. it’s just vexing is all. Lol.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

At least post the pic in the new game threads....we'll fake it like it's current! Won't tell anyone.

I'll try to post the same pic in the game thread. I have to point out we don't see Mrs. Sothron's family at all except for Thanksgiving and the random times her parents come to visit us. So she wants all our time spent with her family which is more than fair. We generally don't even turn the television on and just play games and talk the night away every day and night we are there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

These aren’t your words these orders came in from above, General Mrs. Soth :laugh1:

ps Just put the jersey in your suitcase 🧳, or does this thing go deeper? Is someone in Jacksonville targeting you in that grandmama jersey? If so, don’t fret, kg got someone there. :mellow:

I have thought about packing it and just maybe slipping it on over my shirt while I'm there but I feel the jersey knows it needs to watch the actual games for it to work. Like, you can't try and outsmart the karma or it will go away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1