• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A lot to unpack here. My main one is, if gallo and kev is all it takes to get sabonis or turner than atlanta should have already accepted that offer. Those are two impact players (sabonis much better fit) that could help this roster. And then they could work on moving jc or capela or whoever down the line for a simmons or someone.

Look across the league and tell me how many wings who can score on all three levels, shoot very well, defend, and are consistent and look at how much they are being paid in the modern NBA on average. 

Kevin is a more valuable archetype in today's NBA. Offensive minded centers are valuable but you have to be a superstar offensively to overcome your defensive lacking value as a big. I talked about this with JC last year till he improved vastly on that end. The bigger the man, the more important defense is. 

I actually rather Cam value wise over Kev long term but not everyone sees it that way or even close. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Look across the league and tell me how many wings who can score on all three levels, shoot very well, defend, and are consistent and look at how much they are being paid in the modern NBA on average. 

Kevin is a more valuable archetype in today's NBA. Offensive minded centers are valuable but you have to be a superstar offensively to overcome your defensive lacking value as a big. I talked about this with JC last year till he improved vastly on that end. The bigger the man, the more important defense is. 

I actually rather Cam value wise over Kev long term but not everyone sees it that way or even close. 

Yeah I get it and hes gone very reasonable contract but just feels like the way the hawks have a logjam at wing they could move him for a good player like sabonis. I would kill to have sabonis and simmons in our frontcourt if possible

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Portland has spent a lot of time on the phone with Atlanta and has offered C.J. McCollum and a top 5 protected pick for Kevin Huerter and Gallo

McCullum has 2 years left after this season $33.3 and $38.5 million. Will the hawks be willing to got into the tax this season?

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Not sure what y'all see in Sabonis or Turner considering our defensive woes.

And no Turner is not a high level defender.  Just blocks shots.

Id rather hold out for KAT.  Trae/Kat and 3 elite wing defenders.....

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

McCullum has 2 years left after this season $33.3 and $38.5 million. Will the hawks be willing to got into the tax this season?

And he's worse than Huerter defensively.. No thanks...He can get buckets though.. lol

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Based on what's been the priority. I don't know yet. They were for sure willing to before the regular season begin. They want to be EC contenders and build from there but they aren't even a playin team right now. I don't believe that's a deal Atlanta will do but it's a significant offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I could not remember this name and exactly how the salaries work for matching - Thanks.

Current year + average of salary of new contract = salary for purposes of salary matching in trades.....and you're welcome!

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

FYI, Both Cam and Huerter are seen as higher value right now than Hunter due to his health concerns. Teams do not want to take the risk of trading for Hunter and having to pay him based on the limited sample when they don't know where his health will be long term.  Expect Hunter to stay with the Hawks for better or for worse.

There is one team that really really likes Hunter and wants to see him healthy that has a significant asset Atlanta covets. No telling if anything happens but just something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is one team that really really likes Hunter and wants to see him healthy that has a significant asset Atlanta covets. No telling if anything happens but just something to keep an eye on.

Yah I don't know if he can show that by the trading deadline.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's got 15 games but if he plays well why would we trade him for 'asset'

and that's the rub really. Healthy Hunter is really valuable. He's a championship piece. Pay him what he could be worth/will command and he rides the bench icing his knees and he's the weight around a team's neck. If healthy, he's not going anywhere. Not healthy and the only teams taking him are rebuilding teams willing to wait on his knees to heal or needing someone to sell tickets on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

More than once!

Man I hate talking about players like that. They are human beings....but it is what it is.

It's the lingo I am used to. I respect and value all of these guys as people but I am just talking within the lingo that I am accustom to.

• Like 1