• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

JC is just frustrated I suppose... sure we might not run plays for him but we have one of the best offenses in the league.  I agree he's underutilized but lots of guys are right now.  We have identity crises on this team because people do not have defined roles OR they do not agree with their defined roles.  I'm hoping we can weed out these two issues at the deadline, or at least get on some common ground going forward so we can play as a team and not like a talented pickup squad.

I think they don't agree with their defined roles.

They might as well have the infamous "Players Only" meeting, and get it all out in the open.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

When Nate took over last season, both Cam and Dre were out. His primary wings to finish the season were Bogi, Kev, Snell and Hill. Of those names, he only needed to prioritize touches for Bogi. He designed plays to get him shots. Snell was the safety valve shooter that knew his role. Hill was energy off the bench that knew his role. Kev was allowed to do a little of everything with the second unit, and would also have a few plays for him when he was with the starters. The point being that there was far less mouths to feed, only one player that needed to intentionally get going each night. 

Because we lacked bigs and rookie OO was still green, we went with a heavy 3 man rotation of Clint, JC, and Gallo most games, with OO getting those spot minutes between the 1st+2nd, and 3rd+4th quarters. But it was much easier to establish Gallo in the post because he shared the court with Lou, and Kev as the only other mouths. So Kev was the wing scorer, and Lou would find whoever had the best matchup between the 3 of them. It was a simple recipe.

I think that playing shorthanded last season is what helped to clarify the roles. Guys may not have had it going but they knew that they were going to get shots and had to take them when they came. 

Depth is supposed to be our strength, but we are not deep with just role players who want to share the ball, we are deep with guys who want iso touches to get themselves going.

This is where they have to clear things up.

We are pressed to get guys minutes that we aren't finding and exploiting mismatches. Bogi has it going and he get's pulled to satisfy the pre set rotation. In coms a cold shooter and out goes what was working. 

I could go on and on. But we need more dirty work guys who don't care about touches and less dudes that know they can average 20 if they got the shots. Sounds crazy, because that means we have too much talent, but the talent doesn't mesh well together. 

Good post.

But also remember, we were using Gallo at the 3 due to the injuries to the wings, and the need to have size on the floor against Philly, who was going with Embiid, Simmons, and Harris, guys who are all 6 - 9 and above.

I've been calling for the BIG lineup all year, with Capela - Collins - Gallo.  It's really the only thing we haven't tried yet, because to do it, you have to cut the minutes of our precious wings.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yall overrated him.  Not as good as Wright, imho.  Even if he is, not demonstrably so.

Wright has been demonstrably bad for us this year.  I'd sure take McConnell's >.500% FG% over Wright's "scared to shoot" play this season.  (Credit to Wright for pulling his shooting up over the last two weeks, though!) 

I agree about their play in prior seasons.  Both were standout backup PGs.

(Thanks for the injury reminder, @Spud2nique)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wright has been demonstrably bad for us this year.  I'd sure take McConnell's >.500% FG% over Wright's "scared to shoot" play this season.  (Credit to Wright for pulling his shooting up over the last two weeks, though!) 

I agree about their play in prior seasons.  Both were standout backup PGs.

(Thanks for the injury reminder, @Spud2nique)

It's a free country, AH.  You have the right to be wrong. 😉

• Haha 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

WTF is wrong with your ACC refs?  They are absolute garbage.  Taking away the scoop TD and giving that "fumble" are amazing calls.  These guys are the MVP right now.  2 TD swing by the refs.  More than either team without them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Apparently not my gf just took the remote and said.. NO WE AREN’T ADDING COLLEGE FOOTBALL 🏈 TO THE LIST! 

image.gif.c888f290f7ee38da39ed9c4517450e8d.gif

Guess I’m watching real housewives 🤦‍♀️ 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

WTF is wrong with your ACC refs?  They are absolute garbage.  Taking away the scoop TD and giving that "fumble" are amazing calls.  These guys are the MVP right now.  2 TD swing by the refs.  More than either team without them.

Welcome to my world, baybee. 

I know we didn't win it all, but on everything, I believe that 26 point comeback win in game 5 against Philly and subsequent series upset broke the title curse over this city.

Every embarrassing playoff meltdown I    have witnessed was washed down the drain. The ghosts of choking past were locked away for good.
A new era of Georgia sports was unlocked.

We are now 2 for 2 in major sports titles since that magical Hawks run ended. If Trae doesn't go down, we win games 3+4 and maybe go the distance. But we did our part either way. Now every team in this state can be great again.

• Like 4