• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I just don't understand why it's such a big deal.   What's the implication?  That both coaches are idiots and under utilizing him out of spite?

JC is just frustrated I suppose... sure we might not run plays for him but we have one of the best offenses in the league.  I agree he's underutilized but lots of guys are right now.  We have identity crises on this team because people do not have defined roles OR they do not agree with their defined roles.  I'm hoping we can weed out these two issues at the deadline, or at least get on some common ground going forward so we can play as a team and not like a talented pickup squad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean that's pretty good evidence that maybe we are doing something right on the offensive end.  

Well that’s your boy Trae. Let’s face it, Trae carries like 50% of the success of our offense (feels like 75%).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes and no. We will take a big fat Nurk wide screener and all around 🐻 but can’t have Dame to Philly sorry, that means Morey wins the deal and he’s too much of a piece of crap 💩 for that.

You're missing my jedi mind trick.  Lillard's done.  So IDGAF if he goes to Philly or Argentina.  He ain't helpin' nobody win nuthin.  Certainly not with GLLLLenn coaching him.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

JC is just frustrated I suppose... sure we might not run plays for him but we have one of the best offenses in the league.  I agree he's underutilized but lots of guys are right now.  We have identity crises on this team because people do not have defined roles OR they do not agree with their defined roles.  I'm hoping we can weed out these two issues at the deadline, or at least get on some common ground going forward so we can play as a team and not like a talented pickup squad.

To Gallo's point:

Gallinari said part of the Hawks’ problem this season is there’s no clear hierarchy and no clear game patterns. Both were much more defined last season, he said.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two questions:

1. How is it running MORE plays....when they don't run any at all?  

2. If you don't run plays on the regular for him with Trae but now want to run them without Trae when they haven't developed that portion of his game since both LP and Nate have said repeatedly, they don't run plays for him - how is he to be successful without repetition in the limited number of games without Trae? 

Asking for a friend :hehe:

Can't lie.  I read this like ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ei4wsm5e83ch53up52j

• Haha 4

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

To Gallo's point:

Gallinari said part of the Hawks’ problem this season is there’s no clear hierarchy and no clear game patterns. Both were much more defined last season, he said.

I don’t get it. I mean I do but what does he mean :indifferent: So he sounds like he wants touches, JC wants touches too..

One of y’all gotta go if not both. Forgot offense just take it upon yourself to D up.

Unless he’s talking PT. 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t get it. I mean I do but what does he mean :indifferent: So he sounds like he wants touches, JC wants touches too..

One of y’all gotta go if not both. Forgot offense just take it upon yourself to D up.

Unless he’s talking PT. 

Not that he's Lebron or anything but I'm afraid his words carry weight based on the fact that he's been a lot of places and has seen things that work/don't work.

Having no plan is no plan at all.

Das deep, kg.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Unless he’s talking PT. 

I would surmise he means Nate's equal opportunity offense with tons of midrange early in the season - that sucked.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, shakes said:

Remember, I’m boycotting the Athletic because they have a writer who tried to have me cancelled over Patrick Kane?   Cmon, pay attention to me!

sorry, I get confused as to which Atlanta fan I talk to is beefing with random media guys. I do remember that. It is the Buffalo guy that tried to ruin your career and life. Definitely remember that. And I still think that was a low down dirty thing to do so he's a POS to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

This would be an amazing lineup and probably a very fun one to coach for a lot of guys, but Nate would just tell them to go out there and find the best shot, and we'd watch Simmons sit in the dunker spot while trae runs PnR with KAT every play to moderate success.

How is KAT in the pick and roll?  I'm pretty sure he's devastating in pick and pop, but I don't believe he's a lob threat.  

Is Simmons a lob threat? 

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Unless he’s talking PT. 

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would surmise he means Nate's equal opportunity offense with tons of midrange early in the season - that sucked.

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not that he's Lebron or anything but I'm afraid his words carry weight based on the fact that he's been a lot of places and has seen things that work/don't work.

Having no plan is no plan at all.

Das deep, kg.

I'll say this. I believe Nate was having an equal opportunity at the beginning of the season to see who could fit what role with the addition of Cam and Hunter.  Then injuries hit (Dre and Bogi), then COVID hit.  

It's easy to say the coaching sucks and we don't have defined roles when our roster has seen more turnover than almost any other roster in the last 5 weeks. 

I'm not saying Nate's rotations do not suck by far, but I can see why the roles haven't been defined with so much turnover. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What gets me all worked up about this is that I don’t understand why McMillan and his staff adjusted the scheme so damn much after making a trip to the ECF.

Changed the scheme, changed the staff except 1 person and the HC….I just don’t understand all the changes.

One of traes recent interviews made it sound like they don’t talk about defense enough or game plan for it. Then Gallos comments are that there’s no clear game patterns and this is coming from a vet! I don’t care how sorry you may think he is at this stage he basically said the same thing Trae is saying and JC is complaining about….the coaches scheme has failed us. McMillan went from having the whole team together to not having them at all. He took them out of LP boat and put them right back in when he had to put his stamp on scheme smh.

All this shit sounds like last year around this time. Which is absolutely crazy. McMillan should know better! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'll say this. I believe Nate was having an equal opportunity at the beginning of the season to see who could fit what role with the addition of Cam and Hunter.  Then injuries hit (Dre and Bogi), then COVID hit.  

It's easy to say the coaching sucks and we don't have defined roles when our roster has seen more turnover than almost any other roster in the last 5 weeks. 

I'm not saying Nate's rotations do not suck by far, but I can see why the roles haven't been defined with so much turnover. 

Sorry but Nate wasn’t having success before those 5 weeks. The issues have always been there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sorry but Nate wasn’t having success before those 5 weeks. The issues have always been there.

Well that is true, but I'm pretty sure we had a winning record before then. Normally a coach has a full compliment of players in training camp to implement his system.  This season about 5 or 6 or guys were rehabbing and not doing activities in training camp.  I expected rust  at the beginning of the season due to that alone and that's why Nate was trying to let guys play into their roles.  Right after that, Hunter gets hurt, Bogi gets, hurt and then COVID hits. 

Just saying there are real life reasons why roles may not have been defined. It's because they've had to shift players around to different roles to accommodate players being out. 

There is a lot of over reacting going on in Hawks fandom and we just need to relax.

If we don't make the playoffs, which I still think is unlikely, we will have a lottery pick we can package with someone to improve after the season. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1