My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Wrong Iggie will shoot and he had a midrange game. Show me Bens game outside of three feet.

10 years is relevant because basketball isn't played like the 90s.

His form isnt that bad tbh...... It's just mental with Ben.. Maybe watching the Hawks launch 3's will give him some confidence.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, JTB said:

You misunderstood my question…I ain’t worried about Trae in any offense scenario.

what I’m saying or rather asking is…when Trae has the ball and calls for the screen for either capela or Simmons what is the one not setting a screen doing on that play? 

with neither being able to space the floor it’s easy for the opponent to play off of the player (Simmons or capela) that’s not setting the screen for Trae and stand near the paint.

I mean without constant player movement I can’t see how this works offensively. Sure whatever player not setting Trae a screen could go and set a off ball screen but again without constant player movement I can’t see how that offense would work and we don’t move constantly on offense that’s just not our teams style.

This is LP's offense.  Nate may want to add elements of this back into his offense.  Watch the bigs.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Go look at where Gallo made his defensive plays last season, especially in the playoffs.  We all know the play he made on Embiid.  But that play was out by the top of the key.  When he was part of the trio that helped guard Julius Randle, it was out on the perimeter.

The frontline of Collins and Gallo last year was atrocious last season.  But when you added Gallo with Capela and Collins on the frontline, that group dang near became elite defensively.

Nate was forced to play this lineup in the playoffs because he didn't have Cam until late in the Milwaukee series, he lost Hunter as we went to Philly, and Bogi even went down and wasn't 100%.  Gallo played SF out of necessity, and it worked on offense and defense.

It was also playoff basketball where offenses grind into a half court game in which he can be more successful on defense on the perimeter. We just slightly disagree on his defensive effectiveness. My point is he is not the problem defensively despite his reputation. All you other points I tend to agree. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, you are talking two of the greatest movement players with elite stamina. That's not Trae Young nor is it his game.

We honestly don't know that. Trae never had anyone at Oklahoma for this nor has he had anyone remotely close to this in Atlanta. Trae coming off screens would take some of the wear and tear off him plus give another wrinkle to his game and our offense. Even if we don't get Simmons I'd love to see us add someone that could be a playmaker just for this reason.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is LP's offense.  Nate may want to add elements of this back into his offense.  Watch the bigs.

I wish we would run these sets more.  Cam/Bogi/Heurter thrive in action like this

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, terrell said:

His form isnt that bad tbh...... It's just mental with Ben.. Maybe watching the Hawks launch 3's will give him some confidence.. lol

I'd tell Ben to work on his corner 3.  That's the easiest 3 point shot to start off on.   Have a mandate that he takes just 1 a game.  If you miss it, so what?  You're only taking 1 a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

JC is essentially functioning as a wing on offense, every time he camps out in the corner, or runs pick and pop with a guard out on the wing.

103 of Collins 386 shots this season has come from 3 point range ( 26.7%  of his attempts ), with 80% of his shots being assisted on. So a guy like Collins might flourish even more with a 2nd facilitator on the floor like Simmons in the lineup.

This may not be the 90s, but not too many 6-10 guys move like Simmons, and can guard all 5 positions. 

Bogi - Hunter - Delon - 1st rd pick . . . for Simmons . . . gets the deal done.

Simmons becomes our starting SF, and our PG with the 2nd unit ( if you want to play him in that role )Starters

Starters

Trae - Cam - Simmons - Collins - Capela

Bench

Lou - Huerter - Simmons ( playing point forward ) - Gallo - Okongwu

Or you can call up the kids.

Lou? Hell No....

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Lou? Hell No....

I actually wrote out a full comment on how I wouldn't do anything suggested just because Lou is the 2nd option and on my depth chart Lou is at Magic City, but then I deleted it.  And now I'm retyping it again to tell you lol

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

My thing is, why isn't the 2nd unit running this?  Everything seems to be ISO Lou or ISO Gallo or ISO Cam.

No idea -- I think if Wright is on the second unit with Heurter, we should be running this.  It's the offense we ran against Milwaukee when Trae was out and we won the game

I hope we stay away from Jerami Grant and Marcus Smart. Grant isn't good enough and would be a bad fit and Smart would bring defense but he appears to be unstable and uncoachable at times. 

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'd tell Ben to work on his corner 3.  That's the easiest 3 point shot to start off on.   Have a mandate that he takes just 1 a game.  If you miss it, so what?  You're only taking 1 a game.

And if he makes one tell his teammates not to jump around like jerks on the sidelines like Philly players used to do.. smh.. That shit probably why is confidence is shot.. lol

4 minutes ago, TRW said:

I hope we stay away from Jerami Grant and Marcus Smart. Grant isn't good enough and would be a bad fit and Smart would bring defense but he appears to be unstable and uncoachable at times. 

Ben cant shoot, but Smart cant shoot for a 2 guard either. He just does it. lol...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Jaylen Brown to Hawks SI one here.

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/01/07/celtics-hawks-trade-proposal-jaylen-brown-deandre-hunter-kevin-huerter

The Hawks get Jaylen Brown. The Celtics get De’Andre Hunter, Kevin Huerter, Jalen Johnson and two unprotected first-round picks.

What fresh hell is this......:spank:.

PG13 was traded to OKC for Oladipo and the #11 pick (Sabonis).  Let that sink in for a second...this is madness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What fresh hell is this......:spank:.

PG13 was traded to OKC for Oladipo and the #11 pick (Sabonis).  Let that sink in for a second...this is madness.

Boston would counter with what OKC got from LAC.  Boston from everything I've heard will not trade either Brown or Tatum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is projecting way beyond what Okongwu's skill set is.  He isn't a guy who can dominate a game with his passing, or guard 4 positions out on the floor. Draymond can do that.  And so can Ben Simmons.

I will admit I’m forecasting but his big soft hands, feel for the game and passing suggest he could present some sort of a “Draymond” type for us. He was the Draymond to the Curry’s Balls. :indifferent:..

Wait wut, I’m sorry lemme try that again. He was the Balls to Curry’s Draymond. @kg01 I just woke up from a nap 😴.. I can’t talk. :cray2:

• Haha 1

If people are patient enough, I would be very intrigued with trading for KAT and Ben. KAT in the off-season when Capella is tradable, Ben now or later.

Keep Trae, KVon, Hunter, and OO17.

Trae, KVon, Simmons, OO, KAT with Hunter off the bench

Or 

Trae, KVon, Hunter, Simmons, KAT with OO off the bench. 

Adding potent offense and defense. 

Collins and Cap for KAT

Cam, Bogi, Gallo for Simmons

Add whatever draft picks and any other player fillers needed for either of those trades (JJ, Lou, Delon, Cooper, etc.)

KAT solves the Cap/Ben FT and spacing issues. Ben solves the defensive issues of adding KAT.