• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, bird_dirt said:

Gallo, Cam, and Delon for Simmons now.

JC, Capella for KAT and filler in the off-season. 

That would be an interesting lineup.

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Simmons

KAT

The only way that works is if Simmons finally agrees to be a point forward.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That would be an interesting lineup.

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Simmons

KAT

The only way that works is if Simmons finally agrees to be a point forward.

This would be an amazing lineup and probably a very fun one to coach for a lot of guys, but Nate would just tell them to go out there and find the best shot, and we'd watch Simmons sit in the dunker spot while trae runs PnR with KAT every play to moderate success.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Just not buying the Simmons to ATL rumors. He can’t play with Capela and Capela can’t be traded this season. I don’t see it happening based on fit…but I’ve been wrong before. 

Simmons wont be ready to start for a while.. He has to get acclimated... Let him run the 2nd unit with OO...Just sayin..

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

My talk with my guy was brief. Travis is more determined after the 2-4 road trip to make a trade but he's not going to make a trade just to make one to scare the team as I suggested privately they should do in another post.  Collins is legit upset with not getting plays called for him and the lack of effort on defense as a team. While my source and myself agree with Collins on both these things my source said the only untouchable on the roster is Trae. The way  it was said after just talking about Collins made it clear to me he's hinting that JC could be the big name on our end we move in a deal. One thing to keep in mind: we're not paying the tax so we can't take on salary.

Reading tea leaves (this means this is my conjecture not what I was told) it seems obvious to me that Gallo is almost certain to be traded in order to make salaries match for a bigger name. I think we all have called that since Gallo signed his contract with the last year only 5 million guaranteed which made it a prime contract to be moved. 

I am worried that JC could legit be traded. That's my take, again, my source is not saying they are shopping JC but if Trae is the only untouchable and JC is not happy with the team....we all know where that leads to.

Been trying to tell everyone that JC is the elephant in the room when it comes to trades................JC doesnt have the clout for a guy like Trae to listen to for advice.. lol.. He's nothing without Trae...Pretty sure it pissed Trae off last year when Collins tried to call him out....

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The 'run more plays for JC'

Two questions:

1. How is it running MORE plays....when they don't run any at all?  

2. If you don't run plays on the regular for him with Trae but now want to run them without Trae when they haven't developed that portion of his game since both LP and Nate have said repeatedly, they don't run plays for him - how is he to be successful without repetition in the limited number of games without Trae? 

Asking for a friend :hehe:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two questions:

1. How is it running MORE plays....when they don't run any at all?  

2. If you don't run plays on the regular for him with Trae but now want to run them without Trae when they haven't developed that portion of his game since both LP and Nate have said repeatedly, they don't run plays for him - how is he to be successful without repetition in the limited number of games without Trae? 

Asking for a friend :hehe:

I know this question wasn't for me but i don't see how we are still making the case we don't run plays for JC.   He gets the ball on the block.  He's in position and open for 3s (or used to be) often.  These are all plays with him being the scorer.   It's not like all or even most of his scoring is just put back dunks.   Not to mention the PnR lobs are plays for JC.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nurk to ATL, Lillard to PHI

Yes and no. We will take a big fat Nurk wide screener and all around 🐻 but can’t have Dame to Philly sorry, that means Morey wins the deal and he’s too much of a piece of crap 💩 for that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I know this question wasn't for me but i don't see how we are still making the case we don't run plays for JC.   He gets the ball on the block.  He's in position and open for 3s (or used to be) often.  These are all plays with him being the scorer.   It's not like all or even most of his scoring is just put back dunks.   Not to mention the PnR lobs are plays for JC.  

Then the coaches are lying? Both have said it.

I think what he's saying it's a designed play for someone else, and he's the outlet if they get stopped.  When he gets the ball on the block it's usually because a switch occurs, and he has a smaller guy on him - not a designed play but rather a function of what the defense gives.

From my recollection LP said there isn't a designed play call for him in the play book like there is for the wings. just relaying what the coaches have said. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It's funny.  The 'run more plays for JC' thing smells an awful lot like the 'muh name's Al Horford and I'm a PF' thing.

Yet literally at every team he's been too since, they played him at the 5.  And the one place it was abundantly clear he wasn't a fit was PHI where they played him at 4.

I'm thinking maybe they're not idiots for 'not' running offense through JC.  And, if he ends up elsewhere, he'll find himself in a similar role offensively.

The preceding musings are not shots at JC.  I just think the notion that he should be used more is flawed thinking.  Sorta how Myles Turner, for some odd reason, thinks he wants a bigger role.  Well a bigger role would only highlight things he can't do so .. what're we doin' here, mayne?

I don't want them to trade him.  I wanted them to pay/keep him.  But we can't do the 'I don't like my role' thing every year.  Gonna mess around and be a reverse Garnett/Marbury thing.

I honestly believe get rid of John Collins and the team will improve in a few ways.  One, they won’t have that albatross contract (Collins and Bazemore, two peas in a pod stealing money from Atlanta). Collins being our highest paid player this season is just sad...Id rather a guy like Bobby Portis who's playing for peanuts.  Two, they won’t have to focus on highlight reel dunks (let’s print T-shirts!) as if they aren’t anything more than wide open Trae dimes.  lol... Three, they will ship out our supposed "team leader" who declined a reasonable contract extension and spent the next year whining to national media about how he's disrespected and how the team doesn’t value him..smdh...And dont get me started on the PED shit that derailed our season........... And here we go again....

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then the coaches are lying? Both have said it.

I think what he's saying it's a designed play for someone else, and he's the outlet if they get stopped.  When he gets the ball on the block it's usually because a switch occurs, and he has a smaller guy on him - not a designed play but rather a function of what the defense gives.

From my recollection LP said there isn't a designed play call for him in the play book like there is for the wings. just relaying what the coaches have said. 

Yeah i understand that but those are designed plays.  I think by this type of a definition we don't really run plays for anyone right?   I just think the whole 'we don't run plays for JC' is way overblown.

It's not the same thing but reminds me of the constant.  'Horford is playing out of position at C' we used to hear and it took a whole career and who knows how many coaches playing him at C before everyone was like 'yeah he's really most effective at center'.   

Coaches can certainly be wrong but just seems to me like we are using JC in an effective way for the most part.  (recent play has sucked but that's the whole team). 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This would be an amazing lineup and probably a very fun one to coach for a lot of guys, but Nate would just tell them to go out there and find the best shot, and we'd watch Simmons sit in the dunker spot while trae runs PnR with KAT every play to moderate success.

Yeah Nate might have to go to.. lol

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i understand that but those are designed plays.  I think by this type of a definition we don't really run plays for anyone right?   I just think the whole 'we don't run plays for JC' is way overblown.

But that's what they have said, there are no designed plays for him in the playbook.   This is how a lob play is called for JC Trae:  You and me John. lol .

Then coaches need to stop saying it - we've had the two of them say it.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But that's what they have said, there are no designed plays for him in the playbook.   This is how a lob play is called for JC Trae:  You and me John. lol .

Then coaches need to stop saying it - we've had the two of them say it.

I just don't understand why it's such a big deal.   What's the implication?  That both coaches are idiots and under utilizing him out of spite?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Just not buying the Simmons to ATL rumors. He can’t play with Capela and Capela can’t be traded this season. I don’t see it happening based on fit…but I’ve been wrong before. 

Is this true? If so, this limits what Schlenk can do here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Athletic is pretty darn cheap but cliff notes:

Collins wants some plays run for him, has went to Nate privately about it. Sources say that his requests have been ignored. Collins is a vocal leader about playing defense and effort and Collins is frustrated that his voice is being ignored in the locker room.

Remember, I’m boycotting the Athletic because they have a writer who tried to have me cancelled over Patrick Kane?   Cmon, pay attention to me!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2