• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Same, cannot stand that type of language for employees/workers in general, especially by the employer.  I work in corporate finance and have had the unfortunate experience of planning layoffs, and the way execs talk about people is very telling of the culture of a company.  Just left a company in April thats CEO used the metaphor "this plane is flying low and we need to jettison this dead weight" referring to a ppt of some of our "underperforming" workers, which I can promise you was not an objective measurement of those peoples value.

Doubt 

🤬

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

League word is a pairing of Simmons, Young scares the league to death. Teams already spending wee hours looking at ways to contain Trae. A legit 2nd ball handler on the floor with him or with him off the floor means no rest for the wicked.

Ya I can see that.

• Like 1

If the hawks land Sabonis in a trade that Collins is not apart of going back to IND……then what exactly is the plan here????

Schlenk would have Collins, Sabonis, Capela on the roster.

Sabonis doesn’t fix the defensive problems but he can go get buckets and is a better scorer (way better) than JC and Capela….but I just don’t understand the full framework of such a deal UNLESS…there’s another major deal that’s shipping out JC perhaps to Philly for Simmons.

Then the hawks front court looks like Simmons, Sabonis, Capela…..but then I’m thinking well that wouldn’t make sense since no one in that front court can shoot. 

however Capela could be traded during the draft for a starting piece to go with Simmons and Sabonis (just me predicting on what makes sense)……

I’m all kinds of confused ….I understand wanting to get Sabonis for offensive help especially when Trae is doubled but Sabonis does most his work down low in the paint area as a scorer so Simmons don’t make a ton of sense offensively with Sabonis in my opinion as that recreates the Philly problem. Sabonis can hit a 3…as he’s capable but that’s not his game. Capela would get in his way and so would Simmons IF there were plans to add Simmons.

JC and Sabonis offensively will take a major leap over JC and Capela but let’s not kid ourselves…Sabonis is not Capela or anything close defensively. I want Sabonis scoring but man he’d really have to bring the offense with Trae if he were here. He rebounds well but lacks defense in my opinion.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

League word is a pairing of Simmons, Young scares the league to death. Teams already spending wee hours looking at ways to contain Trae. A legit 2nd ball handler on the floor with him or with him off the floor means no rest for the wicked. A small ball lineup with Capela and Hunter at the 5/4, Trae, Huerter(or Reddish), Simmons at the 1/2/3 means 3 legit wing defenders on the floor at once and Simmons defense influence on a team cannot be understated.

Smells like what I've been tellin' ya'll since the beginning of the season.

Did I just out myself as campst's source?

🤔🤫

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

If the hawks land Sabonis in a trade that Collins is not apart of going back to IND……then what exactly is the plan here????

Schlenk would have Collins, Sabonis, Capela on the roster.

Sabonis doesn’t fix the defensive problems but he can go get buckets and is a better scorer (way better) than JC and Capela….but I just don’t understand the full framework of such a deal UNLESS…there’s another major deal that’s shipping out JC perhaps to Philly for Simmons.

Then the hawks front court looks like Simmons, Sabonis, Capela…..but then I’m thinking well that wouldn’t make sense since no one in that front court can shoot. 

however Capela could be traded during the draft for a starting piece to go with Simmons and Sabonis (just me predicting on what makes sense)……

I’m all kinds of confused ….I understand wanting to get Sabonis for offensive help especially when Trae is doubled but Sabonis does most his work down low in the paint area as a scorer so Simmons don’t make a ton of sense offensively with Sabonis in my opinion as that recreates the Philly problem. Sabonis can hit a 3…as he’s capable but that’s not his game. Capela would get in his way and so would Simmons IF there were plans to add Simmons.

JC and Sabonis offensively will take a major leap over JC and Capela but let’s not kid ourselves…Sabonis is not Capela or anything close defensively. I want Sabonis scoring but man he’d really have to bring the offense with Trae if he were here. He rebounds well but lacks defense in my opinion.

This sounds more like offseason trades when Capela is eligible to be traded and I don't think Supes is saying we'd trade for both Simmons AND Sabonis.

To me these big trade typical occur in the offseason and around draft time where teams know exactly where draft compensation falls. Mid season trades are typically smaller.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hunter is like the hot girl at the party with tons of drama and a crazy ex boyfriend. Man she's beautiful and you'd like to take a run at that but you have to ask yourself if its worth the trip to the emergency room.

Man, you went to a rough high school. We actually had a girl named Tiffany and I bagged her. :sarcastic:

I kid of course, I would giggle like a little girl in front of her and freeze with words, palms got sweaty 🥵, high school anxiety… good times! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

.... strangely specific.  Almost like campst's been there before.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47sz26r0v0haoj3lzok4

But, let's be honest, it's always worth the trip to the emergency room.....

Did you just pic Hunter in a lovely bride 👰‍♀️ dress 👗 ? Me neither… what about Campster serenading D Hunt, grassy patch in front of Hunt’s house, camp ⛺️ showin up with his lil oooooolee guitar 🎸.. no? Ya me neither. :indifferent:

• Haha 1

The Philadelphia 76ers have begun to attach Tobias Harris to their trade discussions of Ben Simmons, according to Brian Windhorst and Marc J. Spears of ESPN.

Harris signed a five-year, $180 million deal with the 76ers during the 2019 offseason.

"I'm hearing they want to include Tobias Harris," said Spears of Philadelphia's trade talks with the Atlanta Hawks. 

"Me too," replied Windhorst. 

"That is the word out there because they can't necessarily get an All-Star they want in return right now, as the Sixers have continued their talks, they've talked to teams about trading Tobias and Ben."

Spears also reported that the Hawks had interest in a trade for Simmons until the 76ers broached the possibility of including Harris. 

Windhorst reported that some executives have speculated that offloading the money of Simmons and Harris could pave the way for the 76ers to pursue James Harden in free agency.https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265407/76ers-Trying-To-Include-Tobias-Harris-In-Trade-Of-Ben-Simmons

Hell no we do this right? Harris is overpaid like a mf. 

Edited by Wurider05
  • Thanks 1