• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He has the footwork of kg.. not @kg01 the real KG! 🔫 fired 🔥 

:Bob: "Daaayum shots fired, kg.  With friends like that, who needs enemas.  I'm here all week, folks."

:Nique: "Are your jokes getting better or are these drinks gettin' stronger?"

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

I’m thinking the same thing.  Does Philly get two first round picks as well?  Also, this deal is coming from insider intel?

They must be getting picks to then attach to Wall to ship him out in the offseason?  Maybe when the market is better for more players? 

• Like 1

Rumors everywhere.  On another cite I heard:  Lou Williams would be willing to be traded back to the Clippers.  Because some posters here want him gone I wonder if we could work out some kind of deal?

:smug:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't understand why they would do it either.  Feels like this somehow makes them worse despite moving $33M that is not even dressing out.  Harris is overpaid but he's a good player.  John Wall is overpaid and he's a bad player.  I still don't understand it even with @thecampster explaining the rationale.  

Realistic trades have to be plausible. This one is not plausible for the Sixers. Great for Hawks however.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Rumors everywhere.  On another cite I heard:  Lou Williams would be willing to be traded back to the Clippers.  Because some posters here want him gone I wonder if we could work out some kind of deal?

:smug:

Trade him for Batum

Update:

Been texting, he says Philly is not seriously entertaining trading Tobias Harris and that this has been offered to them as a rebuilding package. Philly doesn't want to rebuild, Harris is not available unless it's for similar value at a different position, and Philly thinks Simmons has more than enough value and they aren't bulging at all. 

He laughed emoji at some of the rumors. I texted, it's that time of the year again and he agreed.

He did say truly thinks Christian Wood could be moved by the deadline. Also said keep an eye on Gary Harris. His name has been floating around.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Taking on Wall and Bogi barely even saves them money. Neither are expirings. Unless they are getting hella draft picks, that trade makes no sense for the Sixers.

Wall is an expiring next season which means they can flip him after the season to a team rebuilding or looking for a 1 year rental.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't understand why they would do it either.  Feels like this somehow makes them worse despite moving $33M that is not even dressing out.  Harris is overpaid but he's a good player.  John Wall is overpaid and he's a bad player.  I still don't understand it even with @thecampster explaining the rationale.  

20 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I’m thinking the same thing.  Does Philly get two first round picks as well?  Also, this deal is coming from insider intel?

From a talent perspective it doesn't make sense, however if we look at it financially, I think it's more about the future money owed to Simmons and Harris.

If Simmons won't be playing for them it's lost money and they can't get the value they covet then they would want to move the overpaid Harris contract. They total $190 million dollars after this season.  John Wall makes $47 million next year then expires, Bogi can opt or pick up his options for $18 million. (who makes half what Harris does per year).

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He did say truly thinks Christian Wood could be moved by the deadline. Also said keep an eye on Gary Harris. His name has been floating around.

I told folks the last few years Wood should come with a 'buyer beware' sticker.  No one listens to me. 🙄

I like Harris (some), but it seems like he's always not playing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Wall is not an expiring. He has two years max money left on his deal, one of the worst contracts in the NBA. Houston can't give him away, and they somehow get value for him? No way. 

This season and next is a player option (which he'll most probably take unless he thinks he can get another 4 year deal north of 100 million).  Try reading what I wrote again. It becomes an expiring deal after this season (ie...1.5 years left), maybe 1/2 a year.  But Wall is still a quality point guard. He's better than Schröder, that's for danged sure. He's just not worth 40 mil.

However, Philly has $69-$79 million tied up in Harris/Simmons through 2024.  With Embiid and their other pieces, that's $70 million they could use to buy a championship.

Let me explain it this way.  Philly has more tied up in Harris/Simmons than we have in Capela/Collins/Huerter...$13 million/year more and Simmons isn't playing. 

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Wall is an expiring next season which means they can flip him after the season to a team rebuilding or looking for a 1 year rental.

Daryl Morey is not trading Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris for Bogi and John Wall. Any assertion otherwise is foolish homerism. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I told folks the last few years Wood should come with a 'buyer beware' sticker.  No one listens to me. 🙄

You also told us that we were homers because we liked Anthony Edwards and here we are.

Collect those L's @kg01....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Teams know both players are buyer beware. One for attitude and the other for health

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah @Sothron.  If you can't say who it is, you can't be teasin' it either.  

You're caught outside the hotel room with no clothes on right now, dude.  

Unless @NBASupes says its ok to disclose it then I can't say anything. It matches what my source has told me off and on going back to that player's pre draft selection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

however if we look at it financially, I think it's more about the future money owed to Simmons and Harris.

Still doesn't really make sense to me.  Tobi's deal is 1 year longer than Wall.  Wall's deal is way more of an albatross but they think it will be easier to flip Wall than Tobi in the future?  Isn't that proving to be untrue based on the Rockets proposed willingness to swap them in the first place?  Who are the teams that are lining up to take on Wall and his $47M in 2023 that don't want to take Tobi on $37M?  Tobi's deal is an extra year but he's also a much better player -- I just don't see it.  How does this make any sense?  I'm with @bleachkit, just doesn't pass the sniff test for me.

27 minutes ago, thecampster said:

This season and next is a player option (which he'll most probably take unless he thinks he can get another 4 year deal north of 100 million).  Try reading what I wrote again. It becomes an expiring deal after this season (ie...1.5 years left), maybe 1/2 a year.  But Wall is still a quality point guard. He's better than Schröder, that's for danged sure. He's just not worth 40 mil.

However, Philly has $69-$79 million tied up in Harris/Simmons through 2024.  With Embiid and their other pieces, that's $70 million they could use to buy a championship.

Let me explain it this way.  Philly has more tied up in Harris/Simmons than we have in Capela/Collins/Huerter...$13 million/year more and Simmons isn't playing. 

And just to be clear, $40M is not accurate for Wall.  His last year salary is $47M which is closer to $50M than $40M.  Simmons obviously needs to be moved but that is mutually exclusive of Harris, no reason to mingle the two.

26 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You also told us that we were homers because we liked Anthony Edwards and here we are.

Collect those L's @kg01....lol

But that was true.

And anyway, if you want me to hold that L, you gotta give me the W on Zion.  Deal?

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Unless @NBASupes says its ok to disclose it then I can't say anything. It matches what my source has told me off and on going back to that player's pre draft selection. 

Yeah we all get how it goes.  I can't let it stop me from giving you maximum loads of shish in the meantime though.

Also, he already told us it was MIN.

• Like 3

Just now, kg01 said:

But that was true.

And anyway, if you want me to hold that L, you gotta give me the W on Zion.  Deal?

Yeah we all get how it goes.  I can't let it stop me from giving you maximum loads of shish in the meantime though.

Also, he already told us it was MIN.

This one isn't MIN and no, I can't disclose it.

• Thanks 1