My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

@bleachkit the trade proposal isn’t about talent it’s about an opportunity to do a quick rebuild around Embiid…that’s why it’s believable to me.

Bogi + Wall frees up cap for Philly 1 year earlier before Simmons and Tobias deals are up. That’s why I believe it, not necessarily because those two are more talented than Simmons and Harris….also I think Morey hands will soon be tied if they aren’t already because I can’t see Philly getting back a star for Simmons so him adding Harris to the deal doesn’t shock me to see what he can get.

Harris playoff wise is not better than Bogi in my opinion. Harris hasn’t shown he’s good enough to be a max player so I believe getting out his contract may come with a fall talent wise. 

Some teams aren’t going to touch Simmons due to the lack of shooting . Hawks are only interested in Simmons in my opinion because Trae is here.

I just think it’s business decision more so than talent decision with Philly right now. The hawks trade may not be the one they go after but a similar one I think is up their ally to get away from Harris and Simmons contracts.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

@bleachkit the trade proposal isn’t about talent it’s about an opportunity to do a quick rebuild around Embiid…that’s why it’s believable to me.

Bogi + Wall frees up cap for Philly 1 year earlier before Simmons and Tobias deals are up. That’s why I believe it, not necessarily because those two are more talented than Simmons and Harris….also I think Morey hands will soon be tied if they aren’t already because I can’t see Philly getting back a star for Simmons so him adding Harris to the deal doesn’t shock me to see what he can get.

Harris playoff wise is not better than Bogi in my opinion. Harris hasn’t shown he’s good enough to be a max player so I believe getting out his contract may come with a fall talent wise. 

Some teams aren’t going to touch Simmons due to the lack of shooting . Hawks are only interested in Simmons in my opinion because Trae is here.

I just think it’s business decision more so than talent decision with Philly right now. The hawks trade may not be the one they go after but a similar one I think is up their ally to get away from Harris and Simmons contracts.

I'll be sure to @ you when a trade finally takes place. 

3 hours ago, DS5 said:

I think Cleveland wanted Hunter badly at the draft. 

They did.. Good thing for them we moved up and Garland was right there....He's been great for them...Pelicans liked him too btw.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'll be sure to @ you when a trade finally takes place. 

LOL I’m not saying that’s going to be the trade. I’m just saying I think Morey is thinking about cap relief more so when it comes to Simmons and Harris while trying to get talent that FIT.

if Philly pulls a star for those two I’d be shocked. Harris contract is brutal…you really need a desperate ass team to take his contract on.

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Something makes me think something is going to happen after/on Saturday when John is tradeable. Just my instinct talking.

I’m a little nervous about this too. I’m not for a Simmons or Sabonis replacement for collins….only to pair him with one of those two.

If we somehow get Simmons I’m hoping we are sure to keep collins because in my whole point of view Simmons should help get Collins more shots.

collins is efficient enough to where he’s earned the need of plays ran for him and just more looks period! Also to me Trae is the only person on the team that can deliver an actual good pass to collins and find him when he’s open or has a good mismatch.

if we get Simmons to also be a playmaker to setup collins …..man oh man! I believe we will see a side of JC we haven’t seen before!

JC don’t need to be a shot creator if we have Trae and Simmons….JC just need to be a efficient shot maker! So offensively that’s what excites me about a trio of Trae, JC, Simmons….Simmons would also easily be our best open court player and he converts in the open court like a star should.

lots of benefits having Simmons once you get past his shooting flaws.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

If we somehow get Simmons I’m hoping we are sure to keep collins because in my whole point of view Simmons should help get Collins more shots.

collins is efficient enough to where he’s earned the need of plays ran for him and just more looks period! Also to me Trae is the only person on the team that can deliver an actual good pass to collins and find him when he’s open or has a good mismatch.

if we get Simmons to also be a playmaker to setup collins …..man oh man! I believe we will see a side of JC we haven’t seen before!

JC don’t need to be a shot creator if we have Trae and Simmons….JC just need to be a efficient shot maker! So offensively that’s what excites me about a trio of Trae, JC, Simmons….Simmons would also easily be our best open court player and he converts in the open court like a star should.

lots of benefits having Simmons once you get past his shooting flaws.

what would the starting lineup look like?

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Zion.  Hunter's been hurt, but it's not for lack of trying.  At least he's being a pro.  A strong argument can be made that Zion is hurt for lack of trying.

Or he wants out of that hell-hole in New Orleans.... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@NBASupes @thecampster@Sothron

The Knicks are also among the teams with a degree of interest in Cam Reddish, per sources familiar with the Reddish dynamic in Atlanta.

The Hawks, per various reports, will make -- or are making – Reddish available via trade.

If the Knicks traded for either Turner or Reddish, the club would presumably plan to sign the player to another contract. Turner’s deal is up in 2023. Reddish is in the third year of his rookie contract. So he and RJ Barrett will be up for extensions at the same time.

Given that dynamic, future salary has to be a consideration for any team thinking of trading for players like Turner and Reddish.

The Knicks already have money committed to 2022-23 and 2023-24, though some of that committed money can be moved via trade.

Even if they moved off some of that money, the Knicks would still be spending a significant amount of cap space on Barrett, Julius Randle, and either Turner or Reddish, if they traded for either player.

https://www.sny.tv/articles/knicks-trade-interest-cam-reddish-begle

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I think every team or close to it has reached out to Travis in the last month or so about Cam. That includes the Knicks. I don't really see any trade with them that makes sense for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

First off . . . competing executives = posters on RealGM or Hawksquawk

Second . . . LMAO . . we're not trading Okongwu and Cam for Jeremi Grant.

I should really read what kind of crap I throw up before throwing it up. This trade blows. I apologize, sincerely.

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This should go in the other thread where @kg01 and @GameTime are always posting bad Cam offers for kicks.

To be clear, those posts are for comedic value only .... which is totally different from my normal posts, of course.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Where’s mine. Thought so.. :indifferent:

{walking away firmly but quickly} 🏃‍♀️🚶🏿‍♂️ 

Don't turn back, squd.  I bet @marco102 has a L for you somewheres in that fanny pack h wears.

• Haha 3