My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It sounds like the consensus is Philly will have to downgrade in talent but upgrade what their current rotations are.  And the only reason they'll be upgrading their current rotations is because Simmons refuses to play. 

So someone like CJ McCollum would fulfill this dynamic, but I don't know if John Wall does.  I actually think he's a negative player to the team and to winning.

Hmmm 🤔 

ATL: Simmons / Snell

Por: Tobias Harris / Gallo / OKC Pick

PHI: McCollum / Bogi / RoCo / ATL FRPs 

realistically I think sac is a better fit for a Simmons deal. 

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 2

Just now, JeffS17 said:

I'm assuming in this deal the draft picks are coming from us, not Houston.  It would still be very risky for Philly so I don't see it happening.  Harris is a legit talented good player.  Wall is awful.

Windhorst has reported that the Cavs and Minny have made offers. The notion that Morey will have to settle for a salary dump is laughable. 

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How many times do I have to tell you this. I'm not disputing a trade could occur, I'm disputing the value you claim they will get back. Bogi and Wall was the return in your proposed trade, which is absolute garbage. When a trade occurs I will be sure to @ you. 

Per the hoopshype rumor, there is no all star...IE, the value you are describing isn't there.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Windhorst has reported that the Cavs and Minny have made offers. The notion that Morey will have to settle for a salary dump is laughable. 

I don't know what the Cavs offer is/was but Minny hasn't offered KAT or Ant and a package around Dlo feels just as underwhelming

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Philly's hands have been tied. Ben is not suiting up for them ever again, and everyone knows it. If there was a better deal, it would have been done already. The only way they get back a star player for Ben was if a disgruntled one became available. Zion and Kyrie were the two names I floated around before the season as star level guys that have toxic situations. 

Other than that it's going to be multiple assets and matching salary. But the bottom line is that Ben is never playing for the Sixers again, so they will make a trade one way or the other. It's just a matter of when at this point.

We are team that wants to make a trade, but we don't have to. We can be stubborn and reject deals. Philly HAS to trade Ben or they will just continue to waste time. money and a roster spot on a DNP player every night. They will be flexible or they will be stuck with this drama even longer.

To me, there are a few things here.

Wall is definitely an upgrade in experience to all the guys that they have.  Bogi adds another shooter to add to their forces.  They lose a lot of salary.   BUT I would still think it would require either a first from us or from Houston to make this work for Philly. 

They can get Fox from Sactown.

I mean:  Simmons, Harris, and Green for Fox, Heild, and Barnes works for both teams and it would accomplish the same things that we're projecting.  With Fox being a guy that they can mold into being a Robin for Embiid. 

So, there are better trades out there for Philly unless we're putting up a 1st rounder.  Something that Morey could use. 

• Premium Member

All this speculation about KAT... I have to ask...

Why would Minny entertain trading KAT?

Minny is 20-20.. 8th in the West.  They don't suck anymore.  They got Antman who is crushing the league in his first year and KAT is his sidekick...

Why would they entertain trading him now.  He's finally living up to his potential. 

Somebody explain it to me. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Minny is 20-20.. 8th in the West.  They don't suck anymore.  They got Antman who is crushing the league in his first year and KAT is his sidekick...

Why would they entertain trading him now.  He's finally living up to his potential. 

That is the same question I have. It doesn't make any sense unless he wants out. They are finally looking decent. 

24 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He will get some young guys with upside and draft picks at the very least. 

Not my fight but it's easy to just toss this out.  What youngs are available, in your scenario?

If you're gonna dispute the report(s), at least give some alternatives.

Now I'm not saying there aren't any.  I'm suggesting that a team with young/upside guys likely prefers to tank/stay the course rather than bringing in a win-now piece like Simmons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Not my fight but it's easy to just toss this out.  What youngs are available, in your scenario?

Now I'm not saying there aren't any.  I'm suggesting that a team with young/upside guys likely prefers to tank/stay the course rather than bringing in a win-now piece like Simmons.

Youngins don't add up to enough salary. He's missing that valuable piece from his equation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ben-simmons-beef-with-76ers-explained-a-complete-timeline-of-ongoing-drama-between-both-sides/amp/

Oh we def need this in ATL , would be just an Atlanta thing to do is get this guy, I know the kids skills but , do we still beat Philly if buddy could hit a few free throws and not melt down when he mmwaant connecting, everyone was glad we didn't have this problem in ATL now we all want it 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

That is the same question I have. It doesn't make any sense unless he wants out. They are finally looking decent. 

He doesn't act like he wants out.   I saw him in an interview recently and even though they were talking about the losses that he experienced this year, he looked and sounded like he was happy to be in Minny. 

Non-Taxpaying Scenario —

• Rule — If a team’s post-trade team salary is above the salary cap but below the tax level, then a traded player may be replaced in the same transaction by one or more players whose salaries together do not exceed the greater of (i) the lesser of (A) 175% of the pre-trade salary of the traded player plus $100,000, or (B) the pre-trade salary of the traded player plus $5 million, or (ii) 125% of the pre-trade salary of the traded player plus $100,000.

Given Ben's salary option B is the least.   Simmon's salary this year is $33 million. So in effect, the least salary team B can send out in this trade is $27,900,000.  As soon as @bleachkit has a collection of youngins that don't make Philly gut their roster and add up to $27.9 million, let me know.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

When did I say I'm disputing reports? Nice strawman Kg, I'm disputing they would trade Simmons and Harris for Bogi and Wall. It's hard to quantify value, but rest assured, it will better than an average 29 year old 2 guard in Bogi, and a washed and overpaid Wall. The specific trade proposed  was conjecture not an insider report. 

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Because we want KAT. We like to talk about trades we like. They aren't trading KAT.