• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not sure McC is a better player than Heurter overall.  When you factor in salaries, it makes that deal taste like a day-old grilled cheese sandwich.

I think he is easily. But I do not like the fit next to Trae. Portland can't do anything in the playoffs because of their tiny backcourt. Trae is even smaller and a worse defender than Dame. We would be locked in to a very undersized backcourt that likely would suffer the same glass ceiling as Portland.

Size and defense have to be considered in any of these trades. Losing 6'7 for 6'3 is no bueno. 

I do like the Simmons trade though. He boosts our 2 biggest weaknesses, Defense and playmaking outside of Trae.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think he is easily. But I do not like the fit next to Trae. Portland can't do anything in the playoffs because of their tiny backcourt. Trae is even smaller and a worse defender than Dame. We would be locked in to a very undersized backcourt that likely would suffer the same glass ceiling as Portland.

Size and defense have to be considered in any of these trades. Losing 6'7 for 6'3 is no bueno. 

I do like the Simmons trade though. He boosts our 2 biggest weaknesses, Defense and playmaking outside of Trae.

In acknowledging the issues with fit, you're actually agreeing with me on Heurter v McC, ya know. 😏

Glad you're on board with the Simmons trade.  I've been advocating it since the offseason with minimal takers.  I'm slowly wearing the board down.

• Haha 2

Just now, bleachkit said:

Why would Philly make that deal? Simmons and Harris for Wall and Bogi? Um, no. 

I see where the grumpy cat's going with this.   Getting off the Harris contract is appealing to them, but PHI shouldn't be in 'save money' mode.  They're a supposed contender.

Maybe this deal just sets the stage for more transactions for them?

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Crap, that should say 'over' Turner....so to clarify...if the choice is Sabonis or Turner, give me Sabonis. :laugh1:

I was about to dig deep into Turner tapes and see what I had missed. Your opinion is highly valued and I thought I hadn’t done my due diligence on Myles. :laugh1:

• Haha 1

@Wretch don’t ever say I didn’t do anything for you. You’re welcome.

Atlanta a potential destination for Jerami Grant?

i_1d_c2_4b_jerami-grant.png?w=190

Meanwhile, some competing executives have Atlanta as a credible destination for Detroit Pistons forward Jerami Grant. The Pistons are thought to covet a young center, making Okongwu a potentially attractive option in a trade along with Reddish.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd do this trade every day and twice on Sundays.  

Philly gets much better.  The Hawks get much better AND Houston gets a ton of salary relief. 

Would Houston be willing to give up Sengun? I thought he was playing well for them. 

Edit - I don't know if Philly gets much better. Not sure how good John Wall is now.. lol...they would improve their cap situation though.

Missed the question on Wall.  Wall hasn't suited up for Houston all year as they've looked for a trade partner.  Last year for Houston he was 20ppp, 7 assists in 32 minutes shooting 40% from the field and 32% from 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Because Simmons is never suiting up for Philly again and Harris is very overpaid....Like $15 mil/year overpaid. They can't get better without moving on.

Wall is not an expiring. He has two years max money left on his deal, one of the worst contracts in the NBA. Houston can't give him away, and they somehow get value for him? No way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I see where the grumpy cat's going with this.   Getting off the Harris contract is appealing to them, but PHI shouldn't be in 'save money' mode.  They're a supposed contender.

Maybe this deal just sets the stage for more transactions for them?

Taking on Wall and Bogi barely even saves them money. Neither are expirings. Unless they are getting hella draft picks, that trade makes no sense for the Sixers.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Taking on Wall and Bogi barely even saves them money. Neither are expirings. Unless they are getting hella draft picks, that trade makes no sense for the Sixers.

I don't understand why they would do it either.  Feels like this somehow makes them worse despite moving $33M that is not even dressing out.  Harris is overpaid but he's a good player.  John Wall is overpaid and he's a bad player.  I still don't understand it even with @thecampster explaining the rationale.  

• Like 1

It's that time of the year people. Remember, executives of other teams don't give a damn about your team and your team likely doesn't give a damn about there team on average. Just remember that. Be cautious of what you believe for most of these teams. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't understand why they would do it either.  Feels like this somehow makes them worse despite moving $33M that is not even dressing out.  Harris is overpaid but he's a good player.  John Wall is overpaid and he's a bad player.  I still don't understand it even with @thecampster explaining the rationale.  

I’m thinking the same thing.  Does Philly get two first round picks as well?  Also, this deal is coming from insider intel?

• Like 1