• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Every game Ben sits out he pays the team. They are currently doing pretty well within striking distance of a top seed. If they dump Simmons for nothing it would make no sense.

Wait, I thought he was getting paid now?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My God would I do this trade. I wanted Sengun in this year's draft and he went early to Houston. We would  get better so much with this trade. I am positive this would cost us some draft picks as well but I would absolutely do this. This also leaves JC, Cam, Hunter and Capela as possible trade chips either this season or the offseason to swing for KAT. Talk about a big three: Trae, Simmons and KAT? Damn.

As with everything, the problem is the money. Both Huerter and Cam's names thrown in there but the salaries aren't a match with either of them for what Atlanta wants to do.  Houston is effectively paying to get rid of Wall in this scenario and taking on Cooper. Some of the pick compensation comes from Houston, some from Atlanta.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thecampster said:

As with everything, the problem is the money. Both Huerter and Cam's names thrown in there but the salaries aren't a match with either of them for what Atlanta wants to do.  Houston is effectively paying to get rid of Wall in this scenario and taking on Cooper. Some of the pick compensation comes from Houston, some from Atlanta.

The problem is Philly would never, ever make this trade because they would have better offers on the table. 

We are in a good spot asset wise. The best contracts we have to move are Bogi and Gallo. Clint was too before his extension. 

Our young core guys are attractive pieces but they wont net equal value in return which is good for us because we wont trade them in 90% of these scenarios. 

• Like 3

When I question this Philly deal it's not because I don't trust the "insider information".  Maybe Morey's hands are tied, and maybe he has a follow up deal in mind to flip Wall and picks into a real star. 

It doesn't sound like a great deal for Philly.  This could be our move that is the equivalent of, "How did we get Capela this easily?"  

Side note.  Imagine Simmons and Trae coming back to play at Philly.  They will hate us more than the Knicks hate Trae right now.  

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm going to try this one more time.

You get Simmons to pair him with  your good talent. 

Good talent usually gets paid good salary.

Simmons = Really good salary.

To trade for Simmons, you have to send "Really Good Salary" back to meet trade rules. 

Any team trading for Simmons this year is trying to keep their really good players to make a playoff push.

Visa vi....there aren't better offers on the table or they would have taken it already.

You want make an avatar bet on that my man?

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I can't wait until Simmons is traded, your evaluation is so incredibly wrong. 

You aren't arguing with me now, you're arguing with Brian Windhorst and Marc Spears.  Please read again. We didn't engage them, they engaged us!

Quote, "

. “I’m hearing they want to include Tobias Harris,” said Spears of Philadelphia’s trade talks with the Atlanta Hawks. “Me too,” replied Windhorst. “That is the word out there because they can’t necessarily get an All-Star they want in return right now, as the Sixers have continued their talks, they’ve talked to teams about trading Tobias and Ben.”

6 hours ago  via RealGM
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

When I question this Philly deal it's not because I don't trust the "insider information".  Maybe Morey's hands are tied, and maybe he has a follow up deal in mind to flip Wall and picks into a real star. 

It doesn't sound like a great deal for Philly.  This could be our move that is the equivalent of, "How did we get Capela this easily?"    

Philly's hands have been tied. Ben is not suiting up for them ever again, and everyone knows it. If there was a better deal, it would have been done already. The only way they get back a star player for Ben was if a disgruntled one became available. Zion and Kyrie were the two names I floated around before the season as star level guys that have toxic situations. 

Other than that it's going to be multiple assets and matching salary. But the bottom line is that Ben is never playing for the Sixers again, so they will make a trade one way or the other. It's just a matter of when at this point.

We are team that wants to make a trade, but we don't have to. We can be stubborn and reject deals. Philly HAS to trade Ben or they will just continue to waste time. money and a roster spot on a DNP player every night. They will be flexible or they will be stuck with this drama even longer.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

It sounds like the consensus is Philly will have to downgrade in talent but upgrade what their current rotations are.  And the only reason they'll be upgrading their current rotations is because Simmons refuses to play. 

So someone like CJ McCollum would fulfill this dynamic, but I don't know if John Wall does.  I actually think he's a negative player to the team and to winning.

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

You aren't arguing with me now, you're arguing with Brian Windhorst and Marc Spears.  Please read again. We didn't engage them, they engaged us!

Quote, "

. “I’m hearing they want to include Tobias Harris,” said Spears of Philadelphia’s trade talks with the Atlanta Hawks. “Me too,” replied Windhorst. “That is the word out there because they can’t necessarily get an All-Star they want in return right now, as the Sixers have continued their talks, they’ve talked to teams about trading Tobias and Ben.”

6 hours ago  via RealGM

How many times do I have to tell you this. I'm not disputing a trade could occur, I'm disputing the value you claim they will get back. Bogi and Wall was the return in your proposed trade, which is absolute garbage. When a trade occurs I will be sure to @ you. 

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It sounds like the consensus is Philly will have to downgrade in talent but upgrade what their current rotations are.  And the only reason they'll be upgrading their current rotations is because Simmons refuses to play. 

So someone like CJ McCollum would fulfill this dynamic, but I don't know if John Wall does.  I actually think he's a negative player to the team and to winning.

Nobody wants Wall's contract. Nobody. Rebuilding Houston is not sending out draft picks to get rid of it. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Nobody wants Wall's contract. Nobody. Rebuilding Houston is not sending out draft picks to get rid of it. 

I'm assuming in this deal the draft picks are coming from us, not Houston.  It would still be very risky for Philly so I don't see it happening.  Harris is a legit talented good player.  Wall is awful.