• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Talent wise no it don’t make sense. But result wise I actually believe it does.

philly is not good in the playoffs with Ben, Harris, Embiid as their big 3. It’s been proven ….that trio strikes fear in no team. Harris is a good player but he just isn’t impactful enough. We already know Simmons playoff issues. Simmons unlike Harris in my opinion just need the right team to thrive with his style of play and he can’t play the way he would with Embiid. Too many adjustments to make it work.

No. He might not get star, but he will have multiple offers of good young players and draft picks. He does not need to take this garbage deal. Harris is to sweeten a deal, but they don't need to trade him. My god, at least try to be objective. Do you want to make an avatar bet on what they will get for Simmons? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

Talent wise no it don’t make sense. But result wise I actually believe it does.

philly is not good in the playoffs with Ben, Harris, Embiid as their big 3. It’s been proven ….that trio strikes fear in no team. Harris is a good player but he just isn’t impactful enough. We already know Simmons playoff issues. Simmons unlike Harris in my opinion just need the right team to thrive with his style of play and he can’t play the way he would with Embiid. Too many adjustments to make it work.

So because the big three of Ben, Embiid and Harris isn't working they will try the big three of Bogi, Wall and Embiid. That makes perfect sense. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Are you talking about Zion or Hunter? One injury prone guy for another..

Zion.  Hunter's been hurt, but it's not for lack of trying.  At least he's being a pro.  A strong argument can be made that Zion is hurt for lack of trying.

• Like 2

Just now, bleachkit said:

So because the big three of Ben, Embiid and Harris isn't working they will try the big three of Bogi, Wall and Embiid. That makes perfect sense. 

Heh.  This makes me recall something my last few math teachers at GT told me as I tried to understand their ramblings.

Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it's wrong. 😎

It's possible the PHI end of these machinations is a beginning, not an end.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No. Harris is never a sweetener. They are trying to attach Harris to Simmons because he's on a long term overpaid contract.

Morey doesn't have to accept any garbage deals and he won't. You know you can be a Hawks fan and still retain some basic modicum of objectivity.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Morey doesn't have to accept any garbage deals and he won't. You know you can be a Hawks fan and still retain some basic modicum of objectivity.

Not going to trash others on the board because they're entertaining what was brought up as sourced trade talks, but I agree with you it doesn't make sense for Philly.  If I was a Philly fan I would be balking at this like I balk at trading OO/Cam for Jerami freaking Grant

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Again, sometimes it's about getting off future money if you can't get the immediate talent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heh.  This makes me recall something my last few math teachers at GT told me as I tried to understand their ramblings.

Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it's wrong. 😎

It's possible the PHI end of these machinations is a beginning, not an end.

A beginning would be young players and draft picks. Not an average veteran 2 guard and an overpaid former star that no one wants. Jesus Christ man.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again, sometimes it's about getting off future money if you can't get the immediate talent. 

If I'm a Sixers fan and they're making trades that make their roster worse just to open up cap space 2 seasons from now -- during Embiids prime -- I'm absolutely furious lol

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

A beginning would be young players and draft picks. Not an average veteran 2 guard and an overpaid former star that no one wants. Jesus Christ man.

@kg01

Let us get to the real question. Ben Simmons was listed at 6'8.5" coming into the league. Now he is listed at 6'11". 

Is Ben really 6'11"?

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Sixers don't have to settle for a salary dump. They sure as hell aren't taking John Wall. 

I mean. Part of that trade would have to include draft picks. Getting off the long term money and getting back 3-4 frp/pick swaps if Morey doesn’t think they are true contenders this year is not a terrible plan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

"Beginning" as in precursor to subsequent deals.  Geez, man.  You are on one today.

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@kg01

Let us get to the real question. Ben Simmons was listed at 6'8.5" coming into the league. Now he is listed at 6'11". 

Is Ben really 6'11"?

Clearly, like Cam, Ben has grown to 6'12". 😇

Seriously though, I don't think he's over 6'10".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's not 6' 11". 

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@kg01

Is Ben really 6'11"?

I went through this during the playoffs. He and John Collins have the exact same measurables with and without shoes. But John was sized down and Ben was sized up.

However tall you consider JC to be, Ben is his equal

GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkADdjNDFjMmY0LTYyMTMtNDlmNC1hY2MzLTBhZTViOGJmZmIyMQBGAAAAAAA9i01KJgoET6Y%2FT%2FqVR0PnBwBfj5PtUT9QRYxwAsxPvGo6AAAAAAEMAABfj5PtUT9QRYxwAsxPvGo6AAPObcb8AAABEgAQAAU3xnyzb2FAgxFPf2cbLwM%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=OQUmLm8jDEi26Pst2LJoPEC-KV431dkIHqD3Mr14-qClwHeJeG-sZiv1wnE1xv04S_zkEnrV0LM.&isImagePreview=True

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

If we can get Simmons for Bogi and Gallo or some combination of a third team getting involved sign me up right now. I have major reservations about Simmons fit but my source believes Trae/Simmons would be nightmare fuel for the rest of the league. Apparently this is what other teams are saying as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Every game Ben sits out he pays the team. They are currently doing pretty well within striking distance of a top seed. If they dump Simmons for nothing it would make no sense.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/sixers-want-to-package-tobias-harris-with-ben-simmons/

Excellent, now that this is out of the bag, I can spill.

This is the counter. To take back Gallo, they want to dump Harris. Also, Houston has the interest in Gallo and would be happy to be done with John Wall.   I am not saying this is the deal though Cooper's name is one I've heard.  Let me share this: Feel free to discuss and there would undoubtedly be picks involved.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6bcaym8

image.thumb.png.03f7275f84fdf1a76bf8df7c8fd7f9e7.png

My God would I do this trade. I wanted Sengun in this year's draft and he went early to Houston. We would  get better so much with this trade. I am positive this would cost us some draft picks as well but I would absolutely do this. This also leaves JC, Cam, Hunter and Capela as possible trade chips either this season or the offseason to swing for KAT. Talk about a big three: Trae, Simmons and KAT? Damn.

• Like 2