• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But that was true.

And anyway, if you want me to hold that L, you gotta give me the W on Zion.  Deal?

Yeah we all get how it goes.  I can't let it stop me from giving you maximum loads of shish in the meantime though.

Also, he already told us it was MIN.

I thought it was NO. 

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Still doesn't really make sense to me.  Tobi's deal is 1 year longer than Wall.  Wall's deal is way more of an albatross but they think it will be easier to flip Wall than Tobi in the future?  Isn't that proving to be untrue based on the Rockets proposed willingness to swap them in the first place?  Who are the teams that are lining up to take on Wall and his $47M in 2023 that don't want to take Tobi on $37M?  Tobi's deal is an extra year but he's also a much better player -- I just don't see it.  How does this make any sense?  I'm with @bleachkit, just doesn't pass the sniff test for me.

And just to be clear, $40M is not accurate for Wall.  His last year salary is $47M which is closer to $50M than $40M.  Simmons obviously needs to be moved but that is mutually exclusive of Harris, no reason to mingle the two.

Lets run this trade by the Sixers message board and see what they think.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But that was true.

And anyway, if you want me to hold that L, you gotta give me the W on Zion.  Deal?

No, I'm just handing out L's today. 

Tomorrow I will congratulate on Zion as I agreed with your assessment.

The following day I will bring up your LaMelo take... 😂

No Idea why this rant is so entertaining to me.  Trying not to work even though I have files piling up left and right.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Tell that to Morey and Brand. I report, you decide. I'm not making any money off of this. I'm just free to talk about it since its been leaked to the media now. If you'd prefer not to hear anything, let me know. I can arrange it.  

But if you have a problem with me saying it or @bleachkit for that matter, you can argue with Mark Spears and Brian Windhorst (which I already linked earlier).

Lastly, when I said he isn't worth $40 million I wasn't saying he made exactly $40 million nor would a reasonable person extract I was giving his exact salary. When an exact salary is needed, I provide it. Usually in the form of cut/paste. If you'd prefer I change it $47 million, I think the logic of "he isn't worth that" still stands.  Its like when you argue with a guy on the internet and he thinks he won the argument because he corrects your punctuation, "how can you believe a word this guy says, he didn't include the period within the parenthesis".  Just read the now official rumor from ESPN on the rumors section of hoopshype as of 4 hours ago.

"

Sixers want to package Tobias Harris with Ben Simmons

i_e3_b1_11_tobias-harris.png?w=190

The Philadelphia 76ers have begun to attach Tobias Harris to their trade discussions of Ben Simmons, according to Brian Windhorst and Marc J. Spears of ESPN. Harris signed a five-year, $180 million deal with the 76ers during the 2019 offseason. “I’m hearing they want to include Tobias Harris,” said Spears of Philadelphia’s trade talks with the Atlanta Hawks. “Me too,” replied Windhorst. “That is the word out there because they can’t necessarily get an All-Star they want in return right now, as the Sixers have continued their talks, they’ve talked to teams about trading Tobias and Ben.”

4 hours ago  via RealGM

Dude, we aren't disputing that Simmons and Harris could be traded. We are saying your proposed trade makes no sense for the Sixers. Rest assured, Morey is not taking Bogi and freaking John Wall for Simmons and Harris. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/sixers-want-to-package-tobias-harris-with-ben-simmons/

Excellent, now that this is out of the bag, I can spill.

This is the counter. To take back Gallo, they want to dump Harris. Also, Houston has the interest in Gallo and would be happy to be done with John Wall.   I am not saying this is the deal though Cooper's name is one I've heard.  Let me share this: Feel free to discuss and there would undoubtedly be picks involved.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y6bcaym8

image.thumb.png.03f7275f84fdf1a76bf8df7c8fd7f9e7.png

That's it?

We get to keep 3 of our wings, add Simmons, and only lose Bogi, Gallo, and Coop?

If I'm Schlenk, I do that IMMEDIATELY! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Tell that to Morey and Brand. I report, you decide. I'm not making any money off of this. I'm just free to talk about it since its been leaked to the media now. If you'd prefer not to hear anything, let me know. I can arrange it.  

But if you have a problem with me saying it or @bleachkit for that matter, you can argue with Mark Spears and Brian Windhorst (which I already linked earlier).

Lastly, when I said he isn't worth $40 million I wasn't saying he made exactly $40 million nor would a reasonable person extract I was giving his exact salary. When an exact salary is needed, I provide it. Usually in the form of cut/paste. If you'd prefer I change it $47 million, I think the logic of "he isn't worth that" still stands.  Its like when you argue with a guy on the internet and he thinks he won the argument because he corrects your punctuation, "how can you believe a word this guy says, he didn't include the period within the parenthesis".  Just read the now official rumor from ESPN on the rumors section of hoopshype as of 4 hours ago.

"

The Philadelphia 76ers have begun to attach Tobias Harris to their trade discussions of Ben Simmons, according to Brian Windhorst and Marc J. Spears of ESPN. Harris signed a five-year, $180 million deal with the 76ers during the 2019 offseason. “I’m hearing they want to include Tobias Harris,” said Spears of Philadelphia’s trade talks with the Atlanta Hawks. “Me too,” replied Windhorst. “That is the word out there because they can’t necessarily get an All-Star they want in return right now, as the Sixers have continued their talks, they’ve talked to teams about trading Tobias and Ben.”

4 hours ago  via RealGM

I'm not attacking you or your source, I enjoy that you guys come here and open up the doors for fun discussion.  I'm just giving my opinion that I cannot see the Sixers doing this particular trade.  And I saw the Windy article as well but it does not mention Wall... and I'm not saying they should sit on Harris... but I would be shocked if they took on Wall and his contract.  That's the piece that doesn't make sense to me.  I only called out it's $47M because 1. that's a staggering amount of money and 2. he's worth less than half that, which to me makes it even less likely the Sixers would be willing to take that on.  The list of teams they could deal that contract to is very small, and those teams might have no interest in it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

"

4 hours ago  via RealGM

I believe it! I’m not sure how much playoff failure is needed…if they can get away from Simmons and Harris and do a quick rebuild around the superstar Embiid it just doesn’t shock me.

Harris is not that guy in the playoffs. He couldn’t even stand out against a young hawks team and EVERYONE knows he is overpaid. If you have to roll with Wall and Bogi for just a year or two …I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

playoff wise around embiid I’d rather have Bogi than Simmons and Harris. I just think it’s about fit and to me Bogi would be very dangerous with Embiid. Wall on the other hand would just be a filler for Simmons in the playoffs around Embiid…it may work out better since he isn’t afraid to shoot.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Meanwhile, some competing executives have Atlanta as a credible destination for Detroit Pistons forward Jerami Grant. The Pistons are thought to covet a young center, making Okongwu a potentially attractive option in a trade along with Reddish.

First off . . . competing executives = posters on RealGM or Hawksquawk

Second . . . LMAO . . we're not trading Okongwu and Cam for Jeremi Grant.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dude, we aren't disputing that Simmons and Harris could be traded. We are saying your proposed trade makes no sense for the Sixers. Rest assured, Morey is not taking Bogi and freaking John Wall for Simmons and Harris. 

Talent wise no it don’t make sense. But result wise I actually believe it does.

philly is not good in the playoffs with Ben, Harris, Embiid as their big 3. It’s been proven ….that trio strikes fear in no team. Harris is a good player but he just isn’t impactful enough. We already know Simmons playoff issues. Simmons unlike Harris in my opinion just need the right team to thrive with his style of play and he can’t play the way he would with Embiid. Too many adjustments to make it work.

12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No, I'm just handing out L's today. 

Tomorrow I will congratulate on Zion as I agreed with your assessment.

The following day I will bring up your LaMelo take... 😂

No Idea why this rant is so entertaining to me.  Trying not to work even though I have files piling up left and right.

Whoa, what did I say about him?  I said he was a taller Trae and wouldn't fit because ...we have Trae.  That's not L-worthy.

Hey, I got plenty of L's that ya'll haven't hit me on, but I don't think that's one of 'em. 

11 minutes ago, DS5 said:

It’s trade rumor season. Bring Zion to where he wanted to be drafted.

No thanks.  He hasn't shown he can handle the NBA life and, if acquired, he'd be coming just in time to get (over)paid.  EZPass.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

No thanks.  He hasn't shown he can handle the NBA life and, if acquired, he'd be coming just in time to get (over)paid.  EZPass.

Are you talking about Zion or Hunter? One injury prone guy for another..

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I believe it! I’m not sure how much playoff failure is needed…if they can get away from Simmons and Harris and do a quick rebuild around the superstar Embiid it just doesn’t shock me.

Harris is not that guy in the playoffs. He couldn’t even stand out against a young hawks team and EVERYONE knows he is overpaid. If you have to roll with Wall and Bogi for just a year or two …I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

playoff wise around embiid I’d rather have Bogi than Simmons and Harris. I just think it’s about fit and to me Bogi would be very dangerous with Embiid. Wall on the other hand would just be a filler for Simmons in the playoffs around Embiid…it may work out better since he isn’t afraid to shoot.

I'm fact, Sixers will need to send out Embiid and draft picks just to get rid of those awful contracts. Hawks are getting Embiid and Simmons and draft picks. Schlenk has Morey by the balls. 

• Haha 2