• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

They keep showing Cam clapping for his new Knicks teammates and its ticking me off more than it should.

Cam didn’t want to be hawk. It wasn’t the hawks didn’t want cam. I’m actually over it after seeing all the comments made. Cam checked out on this team even after the deep playoff run…that’s heartbreaking to hear as fan …don’t care how talented or how high his potential is. It says alot that he asked to be traded in the off season….means he had no intentions being the best player he could be in my opinion 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The only way to remotely fix this with our current lineup, is to play Gallo at the 3 as the starter, and play Hunter at the 2 as a starter.

Trae - Hunter - Gallo - Collins - Capela . . ( Tonight it would be Okongwu )

That gives you a big enough team to put out on the floor, and you don't lose anything from a shooting standpoint.  

Gallo on Burks or Fournier would be hilarious 

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I am so done with this team at this point. We are never healthy. Another game we might possibly have won if people were healthy. But they aren't. We get Hunter back, Capela and now Bogi out. We give up wide open lanes to the basket and leave wide open threes. You can't have both. Take something away.

And offensively this is another game where I wonder if Trae is hurt after that flagrant foul from Nurkic that wasn't called a flagrant. Trae's dad on twitter said it almost broke Trae's back. He can't hit anything out there. 

We are more healthy right now than last year 

We got guys who can't consistently give Trae help on the offensive end.  And some of you why he feels that he has to take any and every shot, while still set those guys up with open shots.

Travis either needs to get him some help via an offensive star, or put a big team around him that can shut people down defensively.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The only way to remotely fix this with our current lineup, is to play Gallo at the 3 as the starter, and play Hunter at the 2 as a starter.

Trae - Hunter - Gallo - Collins - Capela . . ( Tonight it would be Okongwu )

That gives you a big enough team to put out on the floor, and you don't lose anything from a shooting standpoint.  

Why not give it a shot ….we went big in the playoffs a few times 

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We got guys who can't consistently give Trae help on the offensive end.  And some of you why he feels that he has to take any and every shot, while still set those guys up with open shots.

Travis either needs to get him some help via an offensive star, or put a big team around him that can shut people down defensively.

Trae 12 shots

Dre 3 shots

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yup that’s honestly the only two options and it’s probably why the front office like Simmons so much…to a degree he fits both needs but can’t shoot …atleast he can create on his own consistently without help or the need of Trae.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Trae 12 shots

Dre 3 shots

Usually when Trae defers and don’t look to score the offense is awful. But I hope hunter get more shots up since he’s literally the only other hawk outside of Trae who can somewhat create his own shot.

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I am so done with this team at this point. We are never healthy. Another game we might possibly have won if people were healthy. But they aren't. We get Hunter back, Capela and now Bogi out. We give up wide open lanes to the basket and leave wide open threes. You can't have both. Take something away.

And offensively this is another game where I wonder if Trae is hurt after that flagrant foul from Nurkic that wasn't called a flagrant. Trae's dad on twitter said it almost broke Trae's back. He can't hit anything out there. 

Healthy or not, we suck..

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Everybody has lost people though.  Even injuries can't be an excuse.

At some point, Travis has to look at this team and ask himself if they're tough enough to play like Nate wants them to play.   

The defensive screens with all of the switching of small guys to bigs are completely unnecessary.  The guards looking at the ball, shading to help, while leaving 3 point shooters wide open, are killing this team.  Those 2 things can be corrected by defensive scheme.

And speaking of Trae's back.  If he doesn't sustain another injury, don't be surprised if they shut him down for the year, if Travis feels that this team just doesn't have it.  That's what is about to happen with Lillard.  He's going to be done for the year, and Portland will play the lottery.

Knicks are shooting 60% FG - 50% 3FG

Have they tuned Nate out?   Has Nate ran out of solutions?

This offense is as pathetic as the defense. This offense last year was humming. Now it's 4 guys standing around watching Trae. Not as many high PnR's. Lots of settling for 3. Very minimal ball movement.

Keep shooting Trae..

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

This offensive and defensive philosophy needs an overhaul. 

The foundation is read and react but the players are too limited. Kev and Bogi can't get in the lane consistently and John can't create for himself. Teams have picked up on Trae's style and that wouldn't be a problem if we ran sets based on how they are defending it but we aren't. 

We need either another star that can bend defenses, or a seasoned vet that actually can impact the floor and call people out, or we need some tough hard nosed lunch pail types.

A mix of all the above would be nice. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No we aren't. We weren't consistently missing several starters all season plus the several games lost to covid crap.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We need Snell and Solo out there to tell these fools what to do... smh

• Like 2