• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Oh and props specifically to the defensive effort tonight. I was told this team would never be a good defensive team built around Trae Young? We held the number 3 ranked offense almost 30 points below their average tonight. At one point they were like 3-30 on threes. Trae is actually playing with really good effort and awareness (by his standards at least) on that end, and everyone else is doing the same. 

When your best player tries hard on that end it feeds off on the other players.. Trae has been waaay better on defense lately.. Giving more effort than Ive seen from him actually.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The perimeter defense was much improved too.  Shot out to Trae for his best defensive game ever if you ask me.

Maybe playing Miami in so many weeks has helped them.  That Maimi offense is tough. 

You mean Hammer pins and Dribble handoffs... and Duncan freakin Robinson and his biking shorts and his Vans dropping threes??

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

When your best player tries hard on that end it feeds off on the other players.. Trae has been waaay better on defense lately.. Giving more effort than Ive seen from him actually.

Not sure if it's Trae rubbing off on the guys or the guys rubbing off on Trae but whatever it is if we keep this up the high expectations we had coming in, while they may not be fulfilled due to the hole we dug ourselves in, well, we'll at least start looking like what we thought out there on the floor down the stretch. If we get hot and make the playoffs who in the world is going to want to face us? 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know if stepped up is the right word. He's finally getting consistent minutes and we finally realized, we can use him with Trae. Something we should have been doing before.

Yes, but he is playing with confidence and he is making quick decisions out there. It felt like he was playing scared and that the game was going in fast forward to him. Something has clicked. Defensively he's been good all year, but tonight was his best game. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You mean Hammer pins and Dribble handoffs... and Duncan freakin Robinson and his biking shorts and his Vans dropping threes??

Yeah, they make you defend the full 24 and you can't have lapses against them.  They get you with the back cuts too.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd like to see him play more with Trae.

Defensively, he's the best SG we have. Offensively it's a guy that can handle the ball and that takes preassure off of Trae. I always felt Delon's best minute's would be at the 2 spot for us.

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, they make you defend the full 24 and you can't have lapses against them.  The get you with the back cuts too.

Spoelstra doesn't get enough respect IMO. He is as good as any coach in the NBA.

• Like 3