• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Not sure if it's Trae rubbing off on the guys or the guys rubbing off on Trae but whatever it is if we keep this up the high expectations we had coming in, while they may not be fulfilled due to the hole we dug ourselves in, well, we'll at least start looking like what we thought out there on the floor down the stretch. If we get hot and make the playoffs who in the world is going to want to face us? 

Nobody. This looks like the team that made it to the ECF last season. There's not a team in the East that wants to face that. Brooklyn at full strength is a problem, but they can never seem to get all of their Big 3 on the court at the same time.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Not sure if it's Trae rubbing off on the guys or the guys rubbing off on Trae but whatever it is if we keep this up the high expectations we had coming in, while they may not be fulfilled due to the hole we dug ourselves in, well, we'll at least start looking like what we thought out there on the floor down the stretch. If we get hot and make the playoffs who in the world is going to want to face us? 

I think it's winning. 

Trae is a winner and a winner will do whatever it takes to win.  Last year, Trae found out that he can win with these guys.   Now once again, he has seen that given the right effort, he can win with these guys.   Since the trade, I believe that everybody has been playing harder to secure their position because nobody wants to give up what we have.   They could have mailed it in, but instead, they decided to try.   Most of that is coaching.   Coaching has a big job.. to motivate.   This is the difference between Nate and LP.   LP could do the X and O stuff but he had a hard time motivating.   Nate on the other hand motivates.  Now that we're finally a little more healthy and with Travis looking over trades, everybody is motivated to continue to do their best.  And it's infectious. 

• Like 3

Just watched the replay..

We could've replaced JC with Jabari Parker, or Ersan Illysova tonight. He just ran up and down the court. Got smoked by Bridges. Got bullied by Bridges. He was to weak to punish mismatches, etc...Good lord.... I guess he moved the ball and got some assists, but I didnt really see any great passes . 

His role seems to be diminishing on this team.................

And it sure is nice with No TLC, Bogi or Cam out there jacking up shots. I hope Bogi comes back and plays within the flow of the offense. We need him, but he needs to play the right way.

Kevin, Dre and Wright just plays within the offense.

Great win...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's time to Give Nate his Flowers!!!

Give Rose GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Came here to comment on how much better he's been recently.  His rotations are better, calling good timeouts, has the team playing defense, and is even challenging plays successfully.  And we're running an offense that is distributing and getting everyone involved -- I love to see Trae with only 4 assists in a blowout win -- everyone is getting touches and getting better

• Like 3

Nate finally coaching like he wants to win. Defensive possessions, I see Trae on the bench for Wright. I see him using Okongwu correctly. I see good subs. It's like Nate when we was winning again

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Just watched the replay..

We could've replaced JC with Jabari Parker, or Ersan Illysova tonight. He just ran up and down the court. Got smoked by Bridges. Got bullied by Bridges. He was to weak to punish mismatches, etc...Good lord.... I guess he moved the ball and got some assists, but I didnt really see any great passes . 

His role is diminishing on this team.................

And it sure is nice with No TLC, Bogi or Cam out there jacking up shots. I hope Bogi comes back and plays within the flow of the offense. We need him, but he needs to play the right way.

Kevin, Dre and Wright just plays within the offense.

Great win...

It wasn't a good game for JC. He's been struggling of late.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter is really starting to get it. He's not holding the ball too long anymore. He's making a quick decision like he did at the start of last year. He looks like a future star again. Not the player I was wondering was still recovering from his knee injury 

Just so everyone knows, it normally takes to the following year for a player to feel back to normal. Hunter said he still isn't as explosive as he was last year.  When he gets that back, he's going to be a problem.  Hopefully, Travis signs him to a reasonable contract in the off season. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Nate finally coaching like he wants to win. Defensive possessions, I see Trae on the bench for Wright. I see him using Okongwu correctly. I see good subs. It's like Nate when we was winning again

I really wonder if he's been told he's on the block right now or if he just knows anyways because of the hundreds of rumors.  Seems to be affecting him

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Maybe JC is intentionally tanking his trade value to nix any potential trades.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just so everyone knows. It normally takes the following year for a player to feel back to normal. Hunter said he still isn't as explosive as he was last year.  When he gets that back, he's going to be a problem.  Hopefully, Travis signs him to a reasonable contract in the off season. 

What if someone throws him a max deal?  Do you re-sign him?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

JC played extremely well this game.  He got in early foul trouble and the team was using Dre as the secondary scorer.  Trying to get JC the ball in mismatches caused so many turnovers.  They went away from it and JC still played hard.  He'll get more shots against Sac.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I really wonder if he's been told he's on the block right now or if he just knows anyways because of the hundreds of rumors.  Seems to be affecting him

Rumors impact everyone man. I remember all of them Reddish rumors before the trade deadline which led to his injury. He just didnt look comfortable. This isn't JC first rodeo but this might be his most realistic rodeo. It seems like when he wins, he's the 4th option but when we lose, he's the 2nd or 3rd option. Not saying JC is best as a #4, I just think this team functions best when everything is built around Capela PnR and ball movement

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I think it's just a different offense - more guys are getting touches, Huerter and Hunter running more plays.

• Like 4