• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This was a bad dap post from @JayBirdHawk

this wasn't even a good post. 

The Trae/Cap PnR works with Gallo at the 4, Okongwu at the 4, and most of our guys at the 4 because it puts a center in a situation where he has to guard Trae Young. Even when we had Okongwu out there who isn't a floor spacer, Trae was passing to him for either a dunk or Okongwu would pass it to an open 3 shooter and we were successful with it. There is a reason we went from top 15-20 offense with 1/4 PnR to top 3 offense and the ECF with the 1/5 PnR. JC don't set screens.

He damn near slips everything like Al but Al was vicious on the short roll passing and his decision making was superb to where it was an elite play not just for PPP but for creation as well. JC hadn't mastered that yet nor has come close. 

Yes we do or JC wouldn't be getting into foul trouble. It's still a collective effort, what the hell are you even talking about?

Kev still making the same mistakes he always makes, it's still the bigs that have to cover for it. The biggest difference is Kev making those mistakes as 3rd options is much different than making it against the best player on the other team. 

I have zero clue what you are even talking about right here. This is why I ignore 99% of your post. I only read this because Jay liked it and after reading it. @JayBirdHawk, extremely bad choice to dap this post.

We don't often play OO and CC at the same time.  Recent memory is that even when Miami played us with Bam and Yurtseven on the floor together, we didn't play  OO and CC.   This year, I don't remember us playing OO and CC together. 

But the point still remains, if JC is playing the 4.. The 1/5 PNR works better because the floor is stretched.   JC may be the reason why the 1/4 PNR doesn't work as well... But I would lean more to the fact that usually if JC is out there will Cap or OO, then their man is in the lane when JC runs PNR.  I showed the play from last playoffs when JC dunked on Embiid.   This happened because Embiid was back or in the lane.   He didn't go up top with CC.  However, it's true that when Trae penatrated, he stepped up to give Simmons a chance to catchup with Trae but by that time, JC was already ready to Jump.  And that was off of a double screen.

Here's a breakdown of our offense from the playoffs:  Just pay attention from about 40 seconds in to the 2 minute mark... (The whole video is enlightening.   But the main thing that it builds upon is SPACE...  Trae couldnt do half of what he does without SPACE.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Rumors impact everyone man. I remember all of them Reddish rumors before the trade deadline which led to his injury. He just didnt look comfortable. This isn't JC first rodeo but this might be his most realistic rodeo. It seems like when he wins, he's the 4th option but when we lose, he's the 2nd or 3rd option. Not saying JC is best as a #4, I just think this team functions best when everything is built around Capela PnR and ball movement

The trade rumors led to Cam getting hurt?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The trade rumors led to Cam getting hurt?

C'mon man. He was playing very poorly before he got hurt till Nate came as an asst for LP out due to his wife giving birth, had a good game against Boston and got hurt against Denver. He was already playing with the injury since Memphis in the preseason 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Watchman said:

I have noticed that lately Trae's lobs to JC are too low and usually result in a turnover.  Do you suppose it is intentional?

What games did he throw low lobs to JC that resulted in turnovers? All turnovers are video archived, so we can actually go back and watch them.

So give me a few games so I can post it on here 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What games did he throw low lobs to JC that resulted in turnovers? All turnovers are video archived, so we can actually go back and watch them.

So give me a few games so I can post it on here 

He has in recent games. All of them resulted in a turnover. It might have happened three times in the last 4 games. 

Just look at Trae's turnovers. It's not hard to find 

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has in recent games. All of them resulted in a turnover. It might have happened three times in the last 4 games. 

Just look at Trae's turnovers. It's not hard to find 

Not hard to find at all. I'm the one that showed people how to find the box score videos.

I'll look them up when I get to work.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

We don't often play OO and CC at the same time.  Recent memory is that even when Miami played us with Bam and Yurtseven on the floor together, we didn't play  OO and CC.   This year, I don't remember us playing OO and CC together. 

But the point still remains, if JC is playing the 4.. The 1/5 PNR works better because the floor is stretched.   JC may be the reason why the 1/4 PNR doesn't work as well... But I would lean more to the fact that usually if JC is out there will Cap or OO, then their man is in the lane when JC runs PNR.  I showed the play from last playoffs when JC dunked on Embiid.   This happened because Embiid was back or in the lane.   He didn't go up top with CC.  However, it's true that when Trae penatrated, he stepped up to give Simmons a chance to catchup with Trae but by that time, JC was already ready to Jump.  And that was off of a double screen.

Here's a breakdown of our offense from the playoffs:  Just pay attention from about 40 seconds in to the 2 minute mark... (The whole video is enlightening.   But the main thing that it builds upon is SPACE...  Trae couldnt do half of what he does without SPACE.

We haven't had OO playing in the RS much for much of a sample size period. I was just referencing that you don't exactly need a floor spacer at the 4 for Trae and Clint to do their thing. LMAO, looks like someone hasn't been watching our games of late. 

The point doesn't remain anything. Nothing special about JC role in the 1-5 PnR as a 4. I have zero clue why this is the horse you want to die on.

Highlighting a highlight doesn't change that the playcall is effective with or without JC. 

Where JC especially this year is extremely valuable is based on defense. That's where he's irreplaceable for us but like Capela is food to the best centers in the NBA, JC is food to very athletic and talented 4s or players who are too big for him. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You didn't answer the question. Houses can be sold. 

So once again, if a team offers him the max, do you match and re-sign him?

Me personally, I don't let it get to restricted free agency unless he wants the max.

If teams offer it, yes I match. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae gets charged the TO so why would he.

Aye, we on a 4-gamer with a starter freezin' out another apparently. 🙄

For the record, I agree with your assessment on Knox @NBASupes but the thinly-veiled shots at Collins are making a return to your analysis.  Trae purposely jackin' up lob passes?  You're better than that, supey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1