• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

It was a great win.  I can't remember the last time we had the lead the whole game.   

I saw folk on twitter saying they think 'no one knows how to feed JC in the post'.   Their love for JC on twitter knows no bounds.  Which is great.   But as someone here pointed out, he really has trouble sealing off his man and getting good position.  I guess the league has figured that out.   Seems like one of the things he could definitely improve on. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Trae and JC aren't close, both admit this. But there's no way Trae would sabotage his own team with intentionally bad passes. 

The #1 lob tandem in the league with a guy purposely pullin' his passes. 🙄

Some folks are reachin'.

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It was a great win.  I can't remember the last time we had the lead the whole game.   

I saw folk on twitter saying they think 'no one knows how to feed JC in the post'.   Their love for JC on twitter knows no bounds.  Which is great.   But as someone here pointed out, he really has trouble sealing off his man and getting good position.  I guess the league has figured that out.   Seems like one of the things he could definitely improve on. 

Either that or develop his ballhandling. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We haven't had OO playing in the RS much for much of a sample size period. I was just referencing that you don't exactly need a floor spacer at the 4 for Trae and Clint to do their thing. LMAO, looks like someone hasn't been watching our games of late. 

The point doesn't remain anything. Nothing special about JC role in the 1-5 PnR as a 4. I have zero clue why this is the horse you want to die on.

Highlighting a highlight doesn't change that the playcall is effective with or without JC. 

Where JC especially this year is extremely valuable is based on defense. That's where he's irreplaceable for us but like Capela is food to the best centers in the NBA, JC is food to very athletic and talented 4s or players who are too big for him. 

This don't make a whole lot of sense though because when we have Cap and Trae out there, usually the 4 is either JC or Gallo?  On a couple of occassions, we switched out JC  for Delon and Hunter moved to the 4.   In every case, we put a guy who can spread the floor on the floor being that both JC and Gallo are 40+% 3 pt shooters.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My phone died before I was about to reply to kg but I did not say Trae is sabotaging passes to JC. I just said they were bad passes. It wasn't intentional.

Plug your phone in, sun.

And yeah that's how I hear your response (upon reading again).  I think you were replying to someone who was intimating it was purposeful, which I think we all know is silly.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe it was discussed here but anyone notice TLC look less than pleased getting put in for Garbage time and when Nate gave him some instruction and he looked pissed and started cussing and shaking his head?  

I did not see that - got the video - but who cares though.  TLC thought he was gonna get Cam minutes?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

The following message is brought to you by '90's super group, N 'Sync .....

If this story about TLC is true, all I gotta say is .... 

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e479clzv1dfnwjof2qwe5

.. because, these last few games, the whole team has looked ...

wait for it ...

.... n 'sync without him.

😎

:clap:

• Haha 1

There should never be a game that OO only gets  16 mins going forward. He should consistently be getting at least 20 minutes a night. There is no reason for Nate roll out the JC-Gallo frontcourt if he is preaching defense and us establishing a defensive identity. Let the kid play Coach!

• Like 2

Maybe it was discussed here but anyone notice TLC look less than pleased getting put in for Garbage time and when Nate gave him some instruction and he looked pissed and started cussing and shaking his head?  

I noticed it too. I did not know why he looked so pissed but he was definitely cussing and demonstrative like you said. I was at home like, is he mad that he has to inbounds the ball? lol What's really going on here 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

wait for it ...

😎

Damn...you outdid yourself with this one :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I noticed it too. I did not know why he looked so pissed but he was definitely cussing and demonstrative like you said. I was at home like, is he mad that he has to inbounds the ball? lol What's really going on here 

Yeah i had to go back and watch it.   It was very strange but you never really know.  It was also very strange that the camera was on him tight for like 10-15 seconds anyway.  Hopefully it's nothing but there's no room for that from anyone much less a guy who could have easily been let go a few weeks ago. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i had to go back and watch it.   It was very strange but you never really know.  It was also very strange that the camera was on him tight for like 10-15 seconds anyway.  Hopefully it's nothing but there's no room for that from anyone much less a guy who could have easily been let go a few weeks ago. 

To be completely fair, him losing his spot to Knox should in fact piss him off. I would be mad too lol

• Premium Member

Tlc Fanmail GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Gentlemen... You have to have the right gif for the right moment!!  yes.. it's always on purpose!!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

There should never be a game that OO only gets  16 mins going forward. He should consistently be getting at least 20 minutes a night. There is no reason for Nate roll out the JC-Gallo frontcourt if he is preaching defense and us establishing a defensive identity. Let the kid play Coach!

Dawg...  How are you complaining after a dominating win?

• Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

wait for it ...

😎

Slow Clap Fail GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

This was slow cap worthy no matter what Melissa Joan Hart says.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3