• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I really wonder if he's been told he's on the block right now or if he just knows anyways because of the hundreds of rumors.  Seems to be affecting him

JC was playing the best basketball of his career early on in the season, but it's been a little while since he started to fade. Not sure what is going on, maybe it's the trade talks that is getting into his head. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I really wonder if he's been told he's on the block right now or if he just knows anyways because of the hundreds of rumors.  Seems to be affecting him

Well, when Koonin goes out and say that another trade is imminent and everybody is saying that JC is going to be traded for Simmons... I believe that it does have some psyche effect. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

JC was playing the best basketball of his career early on in the season, but it's been a little while since he started to fade. Not sure what is going on, maybe it's the trade talks that is getting into his head. 

He was amazing but we were losing. I still don't think we are the best fit for JC

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think that's true... 

However, last game.. wasn't bad.  He started out on fire.. then he just got targetted with at least two terrible calls from the refs and was in foul trouble. 

One thing that JC has to learn is to stop making dumb fouls because the refs are already going to hit you with other fouls. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was amazing but we were losing. I still don't think we are the best fit for JC

Maybe we aren't, but at least we got him at a decent contract, unless it's for a clearly better player I'll still keep suboptimal Collins who plays with heart, especially come playoff time. 

• Like 4

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Maybe we aren't, but at least we got him at a decent contract, unless it's for a clearly better player I'll still take suboptimal Collins who plays with heart, especially come playoff time. 

I don't think we should trade him. I really feel like you trade JC, you will be looking for that soon after.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree here. 

All over this board, I hear people calling for bigs like Sabonis...  Guys that will clog the lane.   That works against what we do.  Our offense works on this very important premise... SPACING.

Unless you want to relegate Trae to being a deep shooter, then you want JC as the 4 on offense.

JC is a stretch 4.  One of the best stretch 4s in the league.   That's exactly what we need because Trae needs room to operate. 

Trae's plays:

1.  Float Goat. 

2.  PNR

Those two plays are connected and they require an open lane.   When JC sets up on the Arc, the lane is open because the defense has to respect his shot and they have to respect the goat float. 

Tonight, Charlotte decided to go to a Zone to try to stop our offense.  Trae saw Brogdan on him and his eyes got big and his feet got happy.   He dropped at least 3 of those threes on that zone.   I can't remember if the 4 pt play was with Brogdan originally guarding the space or not.  

The thing that we haven't included this year is JC going down the lane on Trae's pick and Roll. That playoff double pick was a nasty thing of beauty...  I haven't seen it much this year.. but remember:

Not where it started.. 

A double pick to help Trae lose his double team of Simmons and Harris.  Usually everybody expect Cap to roll, but Cap stayed back... should have forced Embiid to come up.. but he didn't (too tired) and JC dunked on his head.   This is the play calling that makes JC a keeper and helps our offense to work like it should. 

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
Just now, NekiEcko said:

I truly believe that JC is very spooked about those rumors, I know that he might be playing it off, but you can tell that he is very worried about it.  Yes, I still believe that Atlanta needs to do a trade and he needs to be part of it.

Nah...

I think you have to reward our teams effort.  First.. he's the emotional leader of this team.   Secondly... part of our stepping up could be to prevent a trade. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nah...

I think you have to reward our teams effort.  First.. he's the emotional leader of this team.   Secondly... part of our stepping up could be to prevent a trade. 

But here is the question, do you think we have what it takes to get back to ECF?  Right now, I think we will be in the play in as long we are still playing like this, but you have to think long term. 

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I disagree here. 

All over this board, I hear people calling for bigs like Sabonis...  Guys that will clog the lane.   That works against what we do.  Our offense works on this very important premise... SPACING.

Unless you want to relegate Trae to being a deep shooter, then you want JC as the 4 on offense.

JC is a stretch 4.  One of the best stretch 4s in the league.   That's exactly what we need because Trae needs room to operate. 

Trae's plays:

1.  Float Goat. 

2.  PNR

Those two plays are connected and they require an open lane.   When JC sets up on the Arc, the lane is open because the defense has to respect his shot and they have to respect the goat float. 

Tonight, Charlotte decided to go to a Zone to try to stop our offense.  Trae saw Brogdan on him and his eyes got big and his feet got happy.   He dropped at least 3 of those threes on that zone.   I can't remember if the 4 pt play was with Brogdan originally guarding the space or not.  

The thing that we haven't included this year is JC going down the lane on Trae's pick and Roll. That playoff double pick was a nasty thing of beauty...  I haven't seen it much this year.. but remember:

Not where it started.. 

A double pick to help Trae lose his double team of Simmons and Harris.  Usually everybody expect Cap to roll, but Cap stayed back... should have forced Embiid to come up.. but he didn't (too tired) and JC dunked on his head.   This is the play calling that makes JC a keeper and helps our offense to work like it should. 

JC isn't the best fit here because he's too small considering our small backcourt and this isn't a player movement team. This is a ball movement team. 

The Trae/JC PnR is our best PPP play but it leads us to our worst W/Ls. Whereas Trae/Capela PnR works and our offense is best with it. Trae floater is primarily used with Capela screens.

Edited by NBASupes