Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You can't put the blame all on Capela when things fail defensively. Same for offense with Trae. 

That’s fair but I’m not placing all the blame on capela…the team as a whole can’t defend and don’t put forward the effort to defend.

Schlenk might have to bite the bullet and Fire Nate..

Because he wont fire himself.....

Im beginning to think it was LP's assistants moreso than Nate that sparked last season's run...

Prunty is horrible as we all saw we Nate was out...

And what does Nate's son do anyway?

This team didnt come to play at all...

Edited by terrell

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

I guess he's saying wings will never shine playimg with Trae?  Trae should only play with PF's and center?......But our PF complains about it too so that aint it....

Our dumbass PF thinks he can be a superstar with more post touches when we all see what happens when he does

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Schlenk might have to bite the bullet and Fire Nate..

Because he wont fire himself.....

Im beginning to think it was LP's assistants moreso than Nate that sparked last season's run...

Prunty is horrible as we all saw we Nate was out...

And what does Nate's son do anyway?

This team didnt come to play at all...

He needs to go along with Nate. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Our PF dumbass thinks he can be a superstar with more post touches when we all see what happens when he does

I tried to tell yall......JC is avg at best.... I thought you flipped the script on JC? Did he even play tonight?

Edited by terrell

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trade JC for Siakam during the draft.

SnT Ayton, Torrey Craig for Clint and get Gallo to agree to a week longer buyout.

Get a new PF and C. I could care less about the wings. Trae ball don't work for wings anyway. 

I’ve been on board with getting Siakam in here for Collins since before the extension. Much better fit for us. I was hopeful that was the e mystery trade being discussed from a couple years back. 

getting a Josh hart would have been a big boost for us. I just hope Hunter can turn into a prime RoCo

Edited by h4wkfan

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How can Trae make Hunter a better player?  What does Trae need to do?

He can tell Hunter to hit them wide arse open 3s and stop hesitating - good grief, smh.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100841&PlayerID=1629631&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Haha 1

Just now, terrell said:

I tried to tell yall......JC is avg at best...Did he play tonight?. I thought you flipped the script on JC?

He's very good and he's gotten a lot better but he's not a star or superstar. He's just an efficient #3 option who plays good team defense and communicate well but he's nothing special. He's just another verison of Millsap with a different skill-set. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Fiery players like Smart will HATE playing with Trae Young 

What do you suppose we do? …quiet good defenders like Hunter and Reddish may HATE playing with Trae Young too. We don’t know.

I cant stand this new era with the belief that you have to like everyone you work with (that’s not towards you supes). I just never understood that with these young guys…I just want them to work well enough to win a ton of games ….winning solves all problems….And for the record Smart seems to hate playing with two good defenders on his team now in Brown and Tatum, May just be his personality and how he handles things 

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I wanna know how people think we're gonna win a championship with Trae(who's flawed as hell) with a bunch of JAGS? I cant see it...

We got a lot of talented JAGS

1 minute ago, JTB said:

What do you suppose we do? …quiet good defenders like Hunter and Reddish may HATE playing with Trae Young too. We don’t know.

I cant stand this new era with the belief that you have to like everyone you work with (that’s not towards you supes). I just never understood that with these young guys…I just want them to work well enough to win a ton of games ….winning solves all problems….And for the record Smart seems to hate playing with two good defenders on his team now in Brown and Tatum, May just be his personality and how he handles things 

Trae is his own worst enemy. Bro don't realize he's the common denominator in our losses. 

Brown and Tatum have tunnel vision, Trae doesn't have tunnel vision but he's selfish and if you can't shoot, he will tune you out offensively which will happen to Smart. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

I’ve been on board with getting Siakam in here for Collins since before the extension. Much better fit for us. I was hopeful that was the e mystery trade being discussed from a couple years back. 

getting a Josh hart would have been a big boost for us. I just hope Hunter can turn into a prime RoCo

"Trae ball" aint gonna get it done anymore........Teams have figured that shit out..... Take away the pick and roll and force Trae to shoot 3's or pass it to one of our JAGS..... If he's not on fire from deep, you have a good chance of winning..

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The NBA ain't 2k. Guys who are out of rhythm tend to struggle to hit shots especially if they aren't sharps.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Trae is his own worst enemy. Bro don't realize he's the common denominator in our losses. 

I don’t believe that’s a fair assessment. It’s just something to say when things aren’t going right. This team just doesn’t have all the right pieces around Trae to win like we thought they did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, terrell said:

"Trae ball" aint gonna get it done anymore........Teams have figured that shit out..... Take away the pick and roll and force Trae to shoot 3's or pass it to one of our JAGS..... If he's not on fire from deep, you have a good chance of winning..

Trae ball the reason why this team is in the top 3 of offenses in the NBA. So it works but only to a degree.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JTB said:

I don’t believe that’s a fair assessment. It’s just something to say when things aren’t going right. This team just doesn’t have all the right pieces around Trae to win like we thought they did.

I never thought they did. Dumbass Hawk fans tried to tell me JC is the perfect fit when he way too small to play with a small backcourt or any backcourt with Trae. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hunter is NOT a great defender.  He's decent.  But he doesn't shut people down.

His defensive metrics are nowhere near Delon's.

He takes on way more difficult assignments defensively and he's no where close to the team defender Delon is. Hunter biggest issue is team defense and its always been that way for him. He's a man defender like Klay but Klay is better at team defender than Dre.

• Like 2