• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

35 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

And I said he played pretty well, but sometimes folks act like Trae took his game to another level or something.

He shot 39% from the field vs Sixers, but some how they say he broke Ben Simmons.......

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trade JC for Siakam during the draft.

SnT Ayton, Torrey Craig for Clint and get Gallo to agree to a week longer buyout.

Get a new PF and C. I could care less about the wings. Trae ball don't work for wings anyway. 

Why would Toronto do that? Are we attatching picks?

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I never thought they did. Dumbass Hawk fans tried to tell me JC is the perfect fit when he way too small to play with a small backcourt or any backcourt with Trae. 

Yup well I wasn’t convinced to sign JC long term until after the playoff run (not that he showed he was the sure 2nd best player but I just knew he was going to get paid afterwards). I was pushing for  a Siakam trade which folks would be crazy to say Siakam isn’t a better player than JC now even our fans. For a 3rd option I still love what JC brings.

I don’t agree with everything you say supes especially that Trae doesn’t make wings good I think that’s hard to say without more evidence….the wings we have do have some limitations but I do agree that the best star position that would compliment Trae the most is a star big man….if we can possibly add Ayton and keep JC this summer we should be more than ok going into the next season.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Yup well I wasn’t convinced to sign JC long term until after the playoff run (not that he showed he was the sure 2nd best player but I just knew he was going to get paid afterwards). I was pushing for  a Siakam trade which folks would be crazy to say Siakam isn’t a better player than JC now even our fans. For a 3rd option I still love what JC brings.

I don’t agree with everything you say supes especially that Trae doesn’t make wings good I think that’s hard to say without more evidence….the wings we have do have some limitations but I do agree that the best star position that would compliment Trae the most is a star big man….if we can possibly add Ayton and keep JC this summer we should be more than ok going into the next season.

The issue is, he's still too small. That's fit if Trae played big like FVV but he plays extremely small. 

JC has to get help just to guard Randle much less guys like Embiid. In the modern NBA, defense is more important than offense for bigs unless you crazy good at it like Jokic.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

So who WILL like playing with him? 

You see he's never picked in all stars by his own peers. Honestly, centers like playing with him but guys like JC and especially guys like JJJ would probably rather someone who passing the ball like a hot potato but skillfully like Lonzo Ball or Ben Simmons instead. Guys like Ja and Trae hold the rock too long but Ja is far more willing than Trae. Trae got Iverson instincts with Nash vision and passing skills. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The issue is, he's still too small. That's fit if Trae played big like FVV but he plays extremely small. 

JC has to get help just to guard Randle much less guys like Embiid. In the modern NBA, defense is more important than offense for bigs unless you crazy good at it like Jokic.

This is hurtful but very very true .

JC struggles with guys who play powerful and guys who has length. I still say Collins has improved defensively a lot this season however.

Trae size gonna always be a problem.. Its hard to build around a player that small as your lead guy.....We need an ELITE big man....Trae size wouldnt matter as much if he had longer arms..He and Collins both have Kevin Willis arms...

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae size gonna always be a problem.. Its hard to build around a player that small as your lead guy.....We need an ELITE big man....Trae size wouldnt matter as much if he had longer arms..He and Collins both have Kevin Willis arms...

Collins length is average for his height by normal standards. Willis was 7ft with the same length as Collins. That's problematic. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, terrell said:

So who WILL like playing with him? Definitely not the AllStars....They didnt even select him...

It won't be a long list. Trae needs to control the ball and everyone else has to take a backseat. Other star players don't want to sign up for that. Trae, Harden and Luka may be some of the greatest talents we've ever seen, but I don't think their style of basketball is easy to play with for anybody else on the court. We can still win with Trae, but either he needs to shoot better or get used to playing without as much of the ball.

You see he's never picked in all stars by his own peers

Let’s talk about that….what’s the deal with this? Even if he’s considered a ball hog among his peers it’s still odd to me because it’s not like Trae is the first player in history to have a high ball usage ….lebron, harden, Kobe, Jordan…iverson….all of these guys have broken the offense and went into isolation time after time.

if there was a draft for two players to pick their teams in past all those players get picked high in their prime ….I don’t know the story but I believe trae isn’t liked for some other undisclosed reasoning. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You see he's never picked in all stars by his own peers. Honestly, centers like playing with him but guys like JC and especially guys like JJJ would probably rather someone who passing the ball like a hot potato but skillfully like Lonzo Ball or Ben Simmons instead. Guys like Ja and Trae hold the rock too long but Ja is far more willing than Trae. Trae got Iverson instincts with Nash vision and passing skills. 

So in other words, good luck getting FA's in Atlanta..  smh

And Ja's bad games are no where near as bad as Traes bad games...

2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

It won't be a long list. Trae needs to control the ball and everyone else has to take a backseat. Other star players don't want to sign up for that. Trae, Harden and Luka may be some of the greatest talents we've ever seen, but I don't think their style of basketball is easy to play with for anybody else on the court. We can still win with Trae, but either he needs to shoot better or get used to playing without as much of the ball.

This may be true but clearly this has been discussed with Trae if they were putting great effort on bringing Simmons here. Perhaps Trae knows to take his offense up another level playing off ball more is the next step.

Just now, JTB said:

Let’s talk about that….what’s the deal with this? Even if he’s considered a ball hog among his peers it’s still odd to me because it’s not like Trae is the first player in history to have a high ball usage ….lebron, harden, Kobe, Jordan…iverson….all of these guys have broken the offense and went into isolation time after time.

if there was a draft for two players to pick their teams in past all those players get picked high in their prime ….I don’t know the story but I believe trae isn’t liked for some other undisclosed reasoning. 

Those guys were ball hogs but outside of Harden, all of them are fun to watch. Trae is fun to watch if you are a little kid.

Grown ups like pop, explosiveness, just sheer unstoppable qualities. For as small as Steph is, he can run through screens, get doubled and still bust a three in your face. He never seems to take a bad shot and he doesn't over dribble. 

Iverson overdribbles and he takes a lot of bad shots but he's extremely explosive, his handles are eye popping, his explosiveness is real. Trae like Harden just doesn't play and an eye catching game, in fact is spams more than Harden but he's does a lot of fun shit little kids love and that's why he's extremely popular for kids but grown ups really don't care for him. Let's be honest, we are hawk fans. We are suppose to be bias as we watch mostly every game but aside from us, most adults who are fans don't care for Trae like that. He's a creative genius but we only like creative genius if its fully mature, we don't value creative genius that's youthful. 

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

So in other words, good luck getting FA's in Atlanta..  smh

And Ja's bad games are no where near as bad as Traes bad games...

I always said that getting players who are perimeter players to join Trae would be difficult. He got the same stigma as Harden but Harden got more respect. Trae really has never gotten the respect he deserves. He's Rodney Dangerfield. 

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ben Simmons assisted more three point shots than any player in the NBA on a per minute basis. He's one of very best at passing to wings. Really sucks we didn't get him. The right coach could do incredible things with him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

This may be true but clearly this has been discussed with Trae if they were putting great effort on bringing Simmons here. Perhaps Trae knows to take his offense up another level playing off ball more is the next step.

Even if Trae knows it, until a change happens on the court this is still a Trae-centric offense. I don't necesarily think it's a problem if everyone has bought into their roles, but that's not happening if we're not a playoff team. A Simmons trade to me only made sense if we were getting him for a discount. I think Simmons' greatest contribution to us would've been his defense. I don't think we have the type of creative coaching that could get the best out of Simmons and Trae on the court together.

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ben Simmons assisted more three point shots than any player in the NBA on a per minute basis. He's one of very best at passing to wings. Really sucks we didn't get him. The right coach could do incredible things with him.

Honestly, I wouldn't have done it either as Morey. JC is a 4 and if the best you get from Atlanta is JC, Bogi, and Gallo. That's not enough, you can say they paid a ton for Harden but you know you got a chance with Harden instead of what Atlanta is giving you.

Edited by NBASupes

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Those guys were ball hogs but outside of Harden, all of them are fun to watch. Trae is fun to watch if you are a little kid.

Grown ups like pop, explosiveness, just sheer unstoppable qualities. For as small as Steph is, he can run through screens, get doubled and still bust a three in your face. He never seems to take a bad shot and he doesn't over dribble. 

Iverson overdribbles and he takes a lot of bad shots but he's extremely explosive, his handles are eye popping, his explosiveness is real. Trae like Harden just doesn't play and an eye catching game, in fact is spams more than Harden but he's does a lot of fun shit little kids love and that's why he's extremely popular for kids but grown ups really don't care for him. Let's be honest, we are hawk fans. We are suppose to be bias as we watch mostly every game but aside from us, most adults who are fans don't care for Trae like that. He's a creative genius but we only like creative genius if its fully mature, we don't value creative genius that's youthful. 

True...I bet Nate hates watching him too.(Unless hes on fire shooting)..... Especially on defense...I turn the channel when he starts driving me crazy.. lol...

You know its bad if his childhood hero KD didnt even pick him.....

Only Hawks player I like watching right now is OO tbh..

And Nate wont play him that much.... smh

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, terrell said:

True...I bet Nate hates watching him too.(Unless hes on fire shooting)..... Especially on defense...I turn the channel when starts driving me crazy.. lol...

You know its bad if his childhood hero KD didnt even pick him.....

Facts