• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He probably has the lowest floor of all of these new rookie max contract guys. I loved playoff Trae but I am not a fan of RS Trae and I didn't vote for him to be an all star this year.

With UGA and the Braves winning, I'm not accepting mediocrity around here anymore.

Hawks better get their act together, or Idc if they ship all of their asses out of here...

I already proposed sending Trae home to OKC for SGA/Giddy and picks a while back.. And yes i got creamed on here..lol.... I get emotional watching him play defense and hero ball on O for real....

But seriously, Maybe we need new Management with no ties to the "core" to make some changes...(Landry Fields, or whoever)

Something has to give.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

With UGA and the Braves winning, I'm not accepting mediocrity around here anymore.

Hawks better get their act together, or Idc if they ship all of their asses out of here...

I already proposed sending Trae home to OKC for SGA/Giddy and picks a while back.. And yes i got creamed on here..lol.... I get emotional watching him play defense and hero ball on O for real....

But seriously, Maybe we need new Management with no ties to the "core" to make some changes...(Landry Fields, or whoever)

Something has to give.....

I am not a fan of trading Trae. Franchise players for me are guys I generally want to keep. For me, Horford was that. Trae is that. And Nique was that. Other than that, I am fine with trading others.

And its not just Trae. Im not impressed with any of our "core" players right now..

OO shows promise but thats about it...

I mean, who's  the leader on this team?

They say JC, but Trae aint listening to no damn JC... 

What has he done to earn that title besides being here the longest?

Maybe we shouldve kept Solo around....

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's not our year folks. We should honestly do a soft tank like GS did, but it's too late for that. 

Might as well.. Traede some players and draft capital to move up for this guy.. Im over this core...

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We look like a team that's going to be the 10-12 seed in the east. 

I just hope we dont get embarrassed Sunday.... Maybe they'll get up for that game.. But knowing our players, they'll be more ready for a Super Bowl party than playing a basketball game...... smh

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Really intrigued by that "Start with personal things, maybe get this thing personal" comment. Wish I could have had a chance to ask a follow-up question, because there are at least 3 ways off the top of my head what BogBog may have been getting at.

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I just hope we dont get embarrassed Sunday.... Maybe they'll get up for that game..

Fwiw, the only working theory I can come up with is that Trae's head was already in Boston.

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Really intrigued by that "Start with personal things, maybe get this thing personal" comment. Wish I could have had a chance to ask a follow-up question, because there are at least 3 ways off the top of my head what BogBog may have been getting at.

Fwiw, the only working theory I can come up with is that Trae's head was already in Boston.

Or at a SB party....

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not a fan of trading Trae. Franchise players for me are guys I generally want to keep. For me, Horford was that. Trae is that. And Nique was that. Other than that, I am fine with trading others.

Yeah I know Trae aint going anywhere..

But Trae needs help.  What’s the point of having a $150M roster when team wins and losses are always based on how Trae plays?

Might as well have bunch of $8M players play with Trae - at least that team would have flexibility to land someone.. smh

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Yeah I know Trae aint going anywhere..

But Trae needs help.  What’s the point of having a $150M roster when team wins and losses are always based on how Trae plays?

Might as well have bunch of $8M players play with Trae - at least that team would have flexibility to land someone.. smh

I would say this team lives or dies on John Collins more than Trae. JC has the highest floor on the squad. Trae and Capela are worth 30 wins. JC worth 35 wins. We win due to JC more than Trae or Clint. 

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Or at a SB party....

I don't believe that. I really don't. Not for a minute. I think that's an overreach big time, and with all due respect, that seems to be a pretty reckless suspicion (or accusation, depending on how it's intended).

Trae's not like that. The kid cares. He carries that inferiority chip on his shoulder, and he wants to shove criticism he's gotten back into the collective face of all who have doubted him.

But he's not without flaws. He's not without things he needs to do to become elite. Not many get there... hence the term "elite."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sturt said:

I don't believe that. I really don't. Not for a minute. I think that's an overreach big time, and with all due respect, that seems to be a pretty reckless suspicion (or accusation, depending on how it's intended).

Trae's not like that. The kid cares. He carries that inferiority chip on his shoulder, and he wants to shove criticism he's gotten back into the collective face of all who have doubted him.

But he's not without flaws. He's not without things he needs to do to become elite. Not many get there... hence the term "elite."

He cares to a degree like Harden

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would say this team lives or dies on John Collins more than Trae. JC has the highest floor on the squad. Trae and Capela are worth 30 wins. JC worth 35 wins. We win due to JC more than Trae or Clint. 

Collins is so overrated it’s pathetic. I just dont see it with this guy...He was getting bullied by Keldon freaking Johnson....smh.... Sometimes being outgoing and outspoken pays dividends I guess...

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He cares to a degree like Harden

Disagree.

Think people get emotionally drunk, and they just start getting mean and swinging.

Trae's not the most mature kid. (More mature than I was at that age, I must say.)

Trae's not, again, without ways that his game needs to grow and improve.

But I don't question his passion to someday spit on his detractors (figuratively of course).

Harden, to me, lacks passion--and probably that's why you cite him here.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Collins is so overrated it’s pathetic. I just dont see it with this guy...He was getting bullied by Keldon freaking Johnson....smh.... Sometimes being outgoing and outspoken pays dividends I guess...

That's why they got killed. When he plays bad, they generally tend to lose almost always. JC is the most winning player on this squad and that's a problem. Hawks gotta upgrade from JC at the 4. 

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Disagree.

Think people get emotionally drunk, and they just start getting mean and swinging.

Trae's not the most mature kid. (More mature than I was at that age, I must say.)

Trae's not, again, without ways that his game needs to grow and improve.

But I don't question his passion to someday spit on his detractors (figuratively of course).

Harden, to me, lacks passion--and probably that's why you cite him here.

I literally had Rockets season tickets and I watch all Hawks games. Your disagree means nothing to me when I know for a fact what I am talking about.

James and Trae want to WIN but they want to do it their own way.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's why they got killed. When he plays bad, they generally tend to lose almost always. JC is the most winning player on this squad and that's a problem. Hawks gotta upgrade from JC at the 4. 

I literally had Rockets season tickets and I watch all Hawks games. Your disagree means nothing to me when I know for a fact what I am talking about.

James and Trae want to WIN but they want to do it their own way.

How are we gonna upgrade from JC? His value will only go down from here....Especially if we dont turn this season around.. Tired of him getting bullied by smaller players.. Good lord.. I see why he tried PED's now..

Edited by terrell