Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Only Hawks player I like watching right now is OO tbh..

And Nate wont play him that much.... smh

For good reason, he doesn't rebound extremely well and he's small. He needs to extend his range and develop into a better team defender. He's strong tho so once he does, I can see him being an all star level PF but he's too small to be a full time center. His team defense isn't good enough. He needs development but he could develop into a star at some point of his career.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Facts

I can see us going through 2 or 3 more Coaches trying to figure it out how to win consistently with Trae as the Lead Man........

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, I wouldn't have done it either as Morey. JC is a 4 and if the best you get from Atlanta is JC, Bogi, and Gallo. That's not enough, you can say they paid a ton for Harden but you know you got a chance with Harden instead of what Atlanta is giving you.

Yea I wouldn't have either to be honest. But I also wouldn't have traded for an aging James Harden. I would have taken the Halliburton deal.

29 minutes ago, terrell said:

And Ja's bad games are no where near as bad as Traes bad games...

9-30 one game

4-17 / 11 pts / lose by 28

9 TOs / 17 pts / lose by 20

11 pts on 9 shots in a game they lost by 43

4 separate games just this year by Ja. 

They all have bad games. Juat as bad as some of Traes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

For good reason, he doesn't rebound extremely well and he's small. He needs to extend his range and develop into a better team defender. He's strong tho so once he does, I can see him being an all star level PF but he's too small to be a full time center. His team defense isn't good enough. He needs development but he could develop into a star at some point of his career.

Yeah he is small. I really dont know what Travis is trying to do with this roster... Its like hes just drafting talent with no concern for fit... He should take notes from Memphis on TEAM building.. Hes had too  many top 10 picks for us to be this bad...

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Yea I wouldn't have either to be honest. But I also wouldn't have traded for an aging James Harden. I would have taken the Halliburton deal.

Its Morey, he has special ties to Harden and he doesn't mind letting Harden run the show. Brooklyn did. 

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

9-30 one game

4-17 / 11 pts / lose by 28

9 TOs / 17 pts / lose by 20

11 pts on 9 shots in a game they lost by 43

4 separate games just this year by Ja. 

They all have bad games. Juat as bad as some of Traes

Im still taking Ja all day...And so is every other GM...

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah he is small. I really dont know what Travis is trying to do with this roster... Its like hes just drafting talent with no concern for fit... He should take notes from Memphis on TEAM building.. Hes had too  many top 10 picks for us to be this bad...

I lost my post I was writing due to my son. 

Anyway drafting takes at least 6 years starting with the ace of the ship unless you draft superstars like OKC did. 

Bigs take till their 2nd contract to start reaching their early primes like raw wings. So Okongwu who was a freshman out of USC isn't suppose to be a polished player as a 2nd year player. It's a long game. It's just that Trae jumped our projections to force us to start winning sooner than expected and our success last year made us change our expectations. 

It is what it is.

Just now, terrell said:

Embiid wont be happy for long imo..

He will be fine with Harden. Harden plays a pretty good floor game which is all bigs really care about unless you eat in their space like Simmons did. Considering Harden style, Joel has nothing to worry about. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He will be fine with Harden. Harden plays a pretty good floor game which is all bigs really care about unless you eat in their space like Simmons did. Considering Harden style, Joel has nothing to worry about. 

Just wait until he starts dribbling out the shot clock.. lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You see he's never picked in all stars by his own peers. Honestly, centers like playing with him but guys like JC and especially guys like JJJ would probably rather someone who passing the ball like a hot potato but skillfully like Lonzo Ball or Ben Simmons instead. Guys like Ja and Trae hold the rock too long but Ja is far more willing than Trae. Trae got Iverson instincts with Nash vision and passing skills. 

There is a reason he was picked last.

The way Hawks fans(well most of them) see him is not the way the rest of the NBA  sees him. 

• Like 1