• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

How are we gonna upgrade from JC? His value will only go down from here....Especially if we dont turn this season around.. Tired of him getting bullied by smaller players.. Good lord.. I see why he tried PED's now..

How will his value go down? He's producing at an extremely efficient clip and he's a pretty good defender as well. 

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

John had a bad game.

But so did Trae. And so did KVon.

And of course, the real issue on defense was 52% from the arc.

Not sure that's as much on John as it is the backcourt.

Backcourt is horribly bad on D.. Like All Worldly bad.........

Edited by terrell

Just now, terrell said:

Backcourt is horribly bad on D.. Like All worldly......

I am still questioning Hunter fit. He's a tremendous 1v1 defender and it shows in games he plays without Trae in particular and at times with him if Trae is playing D that day but his offensive flow is off and his team defense might be the worst of all of our wing perimeter guys. 

So much is wrong...

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I literally had Rockets season tickets and I watch all Hawks games. Your disagree means nothing to me when I know for a fact what I am talking about.

James and Trae want to WIN but they want to do it their own way.

hehe... well, I suppose I should sit down and resume twiddling my thumbs again... I got told.

But more seriously, I can even agree with the statement "(they) want to do it their own way." But I really don't know of many top tier players that that can't be said about... so it's not actually all that meaningful.

I cannot agree that Harden has enough passion to win. But yeah, that's just my perspective, and it's not as-if I've ever actually watched Harden play basketball. I live in a closet, so how could I?... hehe

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

hehe... well, I suppose I should sit down and resume twiddling my thumbs again... I got told.

But more seriously, I can even agree with the statement "(they) want to do it their own way." But I really don't know of many top tier players that that can't be said about... so it's not actually all that meaningful.

I cannot agree that Harden has enough passion to win. But yeah, that's just my perspective, and it's not as-if I've ever actually watched Harden play basketball. I live in a closet, so how could I?... hehe

While there is truth to your 2nd paragraph, most are willing to sacrifice if the talent is there. Harden will never and even when he did, he didn't know what he was yet in OKC and even then, he struggled when he couldn't do him. Some guys just gotta do them or they would rather be by themselves. 

Harden passion to win is equal to Trae from my experience having court side seats on both players. 

Harden floor is superior to Trae by 20 games. But his ceiling raising isn't as good or close to Trae's. 

Edited by NBASupes

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

How will his value go down? He's producing at an extremely efficient clip and he's a pretty good defender as well. 

JC doesnt move the needle- Can’t help and get back to shooters. Can’t stop penetration. Can’t guard bigger players. Can’t guard smaller players. Good help side shot blocker. Terrible awareness. C minus defender.

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am still questioning Hunter fit. He's a tremendous 1v1 defender and it shows in games he plays without Trae in particular and at times with him if Trae is playing D that day but his offensive flow is off and his team defense might be the worst of all of our wing perimeter guys. 

So much is wrong...

Dre is a B+ defender being asked to be an A defender. He's great against guys his size, like Luka. Players his size are usually not asked to chase point guards around screens. That is the thing he struggles at the most by far, and it's why he got torched by Murray today. That should be Huerter/Trae  job, but God knows what wouldve happened then.....

Edited by terrell

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So much is wrong...

Maybe we should Try Huerter/Bogi like we did when Dre was out.. I mean what do we have to lose? Dre is kinda a ballstopper being so methodical....I said that before he came back...Huerter Bogi played well together last season...But we need All World Capela with Trae Bogi and Huerter on the court together.. smh

Edited by terrell

18 minutes ago, terrell said:

JC doesnt move the needle- Can’t help and get back to shooters. Can’t stop penetration. Can’t guard bigger players. Can’t guard smaller players. Good help side shot blocker. Terrible awareness. C minus defender.

He doesn't get paid to move the needle. He's getting like 25 per. When the new CBA comes, that's gonna be like Bazemore contract which is a discounted price for his production. He's under a reasonable contract. 

He's way better than your description of him.

19 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dre is a B+ defender being asked to be an A defender. He's great against guys his size, like Luka. Players his size are usually not asked to chase point guards around screens. That is the thing he struggles at the most by far, and it's why he got torched by Murray today. That should be Huerter/Trae  job, but God knows what wouldve happened then.....

Well, they had a guy... just saying...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sothron said:

The team is higher on Hunter than I am. They really have him as almost untouchable and expect so much from him but I don't know if he's going to be that guy.

Schlenk has to say he's high on him, with what we gave up for him....

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Schlenk has to say he's high on him, with what we gave up for him....

I mean, he's not just saying that. He really IS that high on him. That's not just PR talk. That's from my source and anyone you see reporting on the hawks all say how high the FO is on Hunter. I just don't know if he's going to live up to it. People forget I think that Hunter was an old rookie when we drafted him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I mean, he's not just saying that. He really IS that high on him. That's not just PR talk. That's from my source and anyone you see reporting on the hawks all say how high the FO is on Hunter. I just don't know if he's going to live up to it. People forget I think that Hunter was an old rookie when we drafted him. 

Cant wait to see what kind of $ he offers him...

• Like 1

Trae right now is the solution and the problem. He's worth 30 wins. Same as prime Iso Joe, Smoove, Capela, prime Drummond, etc. 

For all of the love he get, you would think he's worth way more than Millsap or JC when those two are worth more. I still laugh when idiots on here try to say he's close to Al Horford. He's not even in the same area code. Horford worth 45 wins. The minute Horford came to Atlanta, we were instantly a playoff team. He was the main reason Florida won back to back. 

Trae defense isn't just bottom five bad. Seth Curry defense is bottom five bad but Seth defense doesn't hurt his teammates. Trae defense hurts his teammates defense. I've seen nothing like him in NBA history. He makes Jimmer look like Stacey f***ing Augmon on defense. 

I never seen someone so bad on that end of the court. 

Dude literally kills his elite world class offensive impact. Even if he mainly spams shit. Bron spams shit, so does Harden. 

So frustrating. I don't know if this team has the upsides to be more than 35 wins. Maybe 40 wins max. 

• Sad 1