• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wrong answer. 

F outta here with that he went to the ECF in his first playoff appearance I’m not buying this agenda crap 💩 

He's not a winning player. His performance showed us what we all know, his a ceiling raiser but a winning player can win at least 45 games by themselves or they are tremendous team players like Danny Green who are capable of raising the collective floor of your team. 

Trae was special in the playoffs last year and likely will be special in every playoffs like Reggie Miller but in the RS, Reggie was an underwhelming 35 win player for a playoff superstar and Trae maybe better in the playoffs and he's an disappointing 30 wins guy. It is what it is. Our main guy isn't any more impactful for our wins than Iso Joe or Smoove. We gotta nail the personnel grouping and it's hard as teams don't want to sell stars like that. You saw how much Sabonis cost. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Teri Eason is the best fit for what we really need around Trae but he's a year away with that jumpshot. He can't dribble for shit in the half court but after year 4 of Trae, you know Trae gonna be doing most of ball handling anyway.

Trade away some assets/Players for top 5 pick if at all possible and take Ivey is what I'd do.....I think hes gonna be a difference maker..

TBH I hope Travis isnt the ne making the pick....Wherever we end up...Im ready for a change.... 

Edited by terrell

16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Stop it...You lose all credibilty saying Trae > Luka as an all around basketball player.... I'm sorry..Only some delusional Hawks fans think that..

Luka SHOULD be a better all around basketball player, due to his size.

But if he can't win anything, you can't be great.  No more anointing him to being a top 3 player in the league, if he can't even get his team out of the 1st round.

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Most coaches find him to be uncoachable.

Most coaches are idiots too.  We determined LP to be an idiot, right?

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Finally someone is saying it.

He gets somewhat of a pass because he's been hurt.  But he's vastly overrated by the people who support him.

This is why I pointed out back in December that the weakest part of our team, is actually at the wings.  Our wings are average across the board.  Our PG is elite.  Collins is above average on most nights.  Capela has slipped, but with he and Okongwu at the center position, we're above average there.  It's the wing spot where we fall short.

We had 2 top 10 picks to find 1 damn good wing, and Travis blew it..... smh

That draft might end up a total disaster...And then he traded up for Bruno...

Shouldve just kept 8, 10, and 17.. smfh

But he's the GOAT for some reason... Wow

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

But if he can't win anything, you can't be great.  No more anointing him to being a top 3 player in the league, if he can't even get his team out of the 1st round.

So you think the Hawks beat the Clippers with PG and Kawhi, or even take them to a game 7? Is that what youre saying? 

You cant compare that team to the Knicks.. lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trade away some assets/Players for top 5 pick if at all possible and take Ivey is what I'd do.....I think hes gonna be a difference maker..

TBH I hope Travis isnt the ne making the pick....Wherever we end up...Im ready for a change.... 

Ivey needs a lot of touches. That's never going to work with Trae. He can bearly handle if even handle the touches request of the guys he already has.

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LP might be better thn Nate tbh... The next coach will be labeled an idiot too Im sure..

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Ivey needs a lot of touches. That's never going to work with Trae. He can bearly handle if even handle the touches request of the guys he already has.

Traede Trae.. Or bring him off the bench as 6th man...lol

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yep, everyone who doesn't care for Trae is an idiot but they would take Harden who is controversial in a second. Don't you find that strange?

1 minute ago, terrell said:

LP might be better thn Nate tbh... The next coach will be labeled an idiot too Im sure..

Traede Trae.. Or bring him off the bench as 6th man...lol

When you think about his defense and 30 win guys, you start to think of prime Isaiah Thomas. I do think Trae is much better than him on offense but Trae is twice as bad as prime IT0 on D and he's clearly worse on D than washed IT0 right now.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Has anyone noticed how athletic other teams look playing against us? Draft some fkn athletes for crying out loud.. Most of Our guys can barely dunk.. smh.. 

They love that skill PDS nonsense. I get it for the wings but not the bigs. The bigs need to be 6'10 or taller and have ++ wingspans or be strong as an ox like Okongwu or Horford. You can't be weak and not have size. 

• Thanks 1

The fan base talks like his defensive impact is on the level of Okongwu's.  We all can see Okongwu's impact from a defensive FG% standpoint, and from a hustle stat and rebounding standpoint.  We're not getting that at all from De'Andre.

Dre looks as pedestrian as they come right now..

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The fan base talks like his defensive impact is on the level of Okongwu's.  We all can see Okongwu's impact from a defensive FG% standpoint, and from a hustle stat and rebounding standpoint.  We're not getting that at all from De'Andre.

If Hunter were a good positional defender, then that would be one thing but he's not.  His defense is sometimes above average.   I don't know exactly what player type he performs better with but I suspect that he would do better in a man to man scheme.  I think the zone is too much for him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When you think about his defense and 30 win guys, you start to think of prime Isaiah Thomas. I do think Trae is much better than him on offense but Trae is twice as bad as prime IT0 on D and he's clearly worse on D than washed IT0 right now.

I just hope the Hawks can learn from the Falcons and not spend the next 5 years after a surprising run in the playoffs mired in mediocrity...................

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I just hope the Hawks can learn from the Falcons and not spend the next 5 years after a surprising run in the playoffs mired in mediocrity...................

It's a possibility. You gotta remember, to get into the NFL playoffs, you gotta be good. You can get into the NBA playoffs just being decent which the Falcons were record wise this year. The Hawks right now aren't decent. They are below average. 

20 minutes ago, terrell said:

So you think the Hawks beat the Clippers with PG and Kawhi, or even take them to a game 7? Is that what youre saying? 

You cant compare that team to the Knicks.. lol

Ain't no excuses.

He and Dallas lost a 2 - 0 lead coming back from LA.  Then lost a 3 - 2 lead with the Game 6 elimination game in Dallas.

The media were ready to bury the Clippers, and he and his team couldn't get it done.

And yes . . if the Hawks from last year had a 2 - 0 and a 3 - 2 lead on the Clippers, there's no way in hell we're losing that series.

And not only did he choke, he ran his coach out of town.

Then what does he do?  He shows up FAT to training camp.

So to me, it's put up or shut up for him.  Lose another playoff series in the 1st round, and he simply becomes the new Tracy McGrady.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Hunter were a good positional defender, then that would be one thing but he's not.  His defense is sometimes above average.   I don't know exactly what player type he performs better with but I suspect that he would do better in a man to man scheme.  I think the zone is too much for him. 

I have no problem with Hunter's man defense most of the time.  But he's not an "active" defender.  He's not out there deflecting passes or blocking shots.  He's not out there taking charges to end a possession. And you are correct, he gets as lost as anybody when we're playing zone or picking up people in transition.  And his lack of rebounding ( to me ), is the worst part of his game.  He must be able to rebound better than what he does.  And rebounding is mainly about positioning and effort.

• Thanks 2