• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ain't no excuses.

He and Dallas lost a 2 - 0 lead coming back from LA.  Then lost a 3 - 2 lead with the Game 6 elimination game in Dallas.

The media were ready to bury the Clippers, and he and his team couldn't get it done.

And yes . . if the Hawks from last year had a 2 - 0 and a 3 - 2 lead on the Clippers, there's no way in hell we're losing that series.

And not only did he choke, he ran his coach out of town.

Then what does he do?  He shows up FAT to training camp.

So to me, it's put up or shut up for him.  Lose another playoff series in the 1st round, and he simply becomes the new Tracy McGrady.

Delusional....

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ain't no excuses.

He and Dallas lost a 2 - 0 lead coming back from LA.  Then lost a 3 - 2 lead with the Game 6 elimination game in Dallas.

The media were ready to bury the Clippers, and he and his team couldn't get it done.

And yes . . if the Hawks from last year had a 2 - 0 and a 3 - 2 lead on the Clippers, there's no way in hell we're losing that series.

And not only did he choke, he ran his coach out of town.

Then what does he do?  He shows up FAT to training camp.

So to me, it's put up or shut up for him.  Lose another playoff series in the 1st round, and he simply becomes the new Tracy McGrady.

And he couldn't get along with Porzingis, and the franchise traded him away too.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, everyone who doesn't care for Trae is an idiot but they would take Harden who is controversial in a second. Don't you find that strange?

And what has Harden won as the main guy?

Harden has literally quit on his 2nd team in 18 months, yet, people still think he has tremendous value.

We'll see.

Philly fans will turn on him in a heartbeat, and he'll be ready to get out of there by next March ( if he even re-signs with them ).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And what has Harden won as the main guy?

Harden has literally quit on his 2nd team in 18 months, yet, people still think he has tremendous value.

We'll see.

Philly fans will turn on him in a heartbeat, and he'll be ready to get out of there by next March ( if he even re-signs with them ).

A lot of RS games. How many playoffs have Harden missed in his career, please tell me?

• Premium Member

I think we have to be honest about Fans feeling for Trae.  Undergirding a lot of fan dislike of Trae (and I'm talking Hawks fans) is that they wanted Luka instead of Trae.  The bottom line remains that I think Trae is both a better player and a better person than Luka. 

Luka will fill up a stat sheet.  Just Like Josh Smith. 

But how many coaches and Players will be run out of town to make Luka Happy?

How many times will Luka's team come up short in the playoffs?

How many times will Luka show up to camp fat and how long before he starts not coming to camp?

He's a primadonna. 

Trae has obvious deficiencies.  BUT.   His ability that he has honed and his heart (to me) makes him better than Luka for our team. 

I just hate the fact that after every Hawks lost, the undergirding war that Luka fans have shows back up.   Luka would have probably won us a few more regular season games but he would have never got us out of the first round... and Dallas has a much better structure than we do and look at what he's done there. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Iverson was good for 45 wins +, when he had elite wing defenders, and an All-NBA defensive center playing with him.  

5 of the 6 winning seasons he had in Philly, came when AI had Larry Brown and a top 5 defense.

Funny I was thinking about this earlier today.  I was thinking about the 76ers with Iverson.   Iverson had some really good 2/3/5 playing defense.  Their championship year was Deke = 5.   Lynch =3.  McKie = 2.    Then in the playoffs... Jumaine Jones played some!!

They were able to be defensive as they could because they had great athletes... even played Eric Snow with this bunch.   Guys who couldn't find playing times were guys like Raja Bell (up from G-League before there was a G-League) and Georgia Tech's own Matty Geiger. 

As I thought about that team,  We can say we have some similarities... Until we get to the SGs.  I mean, Hunter can do a Lynch impression.  They have some similar qualities.   But we don't have that dog like McKie or Raja Bell or Kevin Ollie. 

However, I was thinking earlier today about could our defense be better under Mike Woodson as the defensive coach?  Would he take that position?  He's the mastermind behind Larry Brown's defenses in Detroit and Philly(I think). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Funny I was thinking about this earlier today.  I was thinking about the 76ers with Iverson.   Iverson had some really good 2/3/5 playing defense.  Their championship year was Deke = 5.   Lynch =3.  McKie = 2.    Then in the playoffs... Jumaine Jones played some!!

They were able to be defensive as they could because they had great athletes... even played Eric Snow with this bunch.   Guys who couldn't find playing times were guys like Raja Bell (up from G-League before there was a G-League) and Georgia Tech's own Matty Geiger. 

As I thought about that team,  We can say we have some similarities... Until we get to the SGs.  I mean, Hunter can do a Lynch impression.  They have some similar qualities.   But we don't have that dog like McKie or Raja Bell or Kevin Ollie. 

However, I was thinking earlier today about could our defense be better under Mike Woodson as the defensive coach?  Would he take that position?  He's the mastermind behind Larry Brown's defenses in Detroit and Philly(I think). 

You know what Woody would do?  Woody would probably start Delon Wright the 2, for defensive purposes alongside Trae.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You know what Woody would do?  Woody would probably start Delon Wright the 2, for defensive purposes alongside Trae.

I wouldn't be against that.   But Delon would have to learn to control the offense so that Trae can play off ball.  That means run some 2/5 and 2/4 PNR.

The Hustle Squad can easily be:

Lou/Bogi/Huerter/Gallo/OO.   Still works. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Delon didnt practice....He might be out..

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Run the damn PnR. Attacking mismatches is a Nate staple and it's just not as successful as it should be.

Glen Willis is right here.

Teams have been crowding our 1/5 PNR.  I noticed the Spurs used a bigger defender on Trae and their athletic guys in the middle.   Even with that though, we had a serious size advantage inside that we either couldn't take advantage of or didn't really matter because they were dropping 3s everywhere.  Gallo worked harder than Clint/JC at attacking that inside. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We’ve had some really bad losses this year.  They keep piling up.  This was a chance to make a statement.  

You have to realize that everybody has questionable losses. 

Phoenix is Killing people... yet they have lost to SacTown, Portland, and Us. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We should have taken the Grizzlies/Cavs approach to the rebuild, getting defensive minded dogs. We got too many finesse guys. OO probably our only grinder. 

When you measure Travis' moves... some of them makes a lot of sense. 

Delon was a good move based on what we needed.   I think he's a defensive grinder. 

Bogi and Gallo brings the shooting we needed.   Imagine this team with Cam and Hunter and no Bogi and no Gallo....

I think coming out of the ECF with Cam asking to be traded, Travis should have worked harder to find a draft day deal.