• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Magic literally got HIV, his stats crush Stockton's and it's not even close. His impact is one of the GOATs, Stockton isn't even close to CP3, Zeke, or Curry much less Magic.

Bro, I know you idolize son but he's not in the league area code as any of the top 3 PGs and Zeke is ahead of him by a good margin due to his team's success and leadership abilities. 

If magic had still played through that somehow he's still not catching Stockton on assists and DAMN sure ain't catching him on steals. Magic was a terrible defender. Stockton was one of the greatest defensive players in NBA history. Magic was a better scorer but Stockton was more efficient when he did shoot. A lot more efficient actually. 

You are right he's in the area code with the top 3. He sits alone on top of the mountain staring down at everyone else that played PG. Some of them are on the mountain but looking up. And always will be.

@Sothron @NBASupes I’m just wondering what is the criteria here in determining this point guard debate here.

I agree with Soth and disagree with Supes about Stockton. He’s definitely a top 4 point guard, the best of all time is debatable. 

Diesel saying Magic and Zeke are in the same tier, I disagree there. Magic is higher on the totem pole imo.

Supes saying Magic is the greatest point guard of all time is debatable as well but I would agree with him. Let’s just put it this way, in my dream team, Magic is the starting PG. He gets the nod.

image.gif.9ca7bce1615e99a2e7a0708311f063f8.gif

image.gif.c47d7a159a886c8376ca36a91a3e5bfb.gif

• Premium Member

When people debate top five or whatever of positions it is all subjective. Which is cool. Supes knows I respect his opinion on the game. We just disagree about this. Stockton is criminally underrated and will always be criminally underrated. But not from this guy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If magic had still played through that somehow he's still not catching Stockton on assists and DAMN sure ain't catching him on steals. Magic was a terrible defender. Stockton was one of the greatest defensive players in NBA history. Magic was a better scorer but Stockton was more efficient when he did shoot. A lot more efficient actually. 

You are right he's in the area code with the top 3. He sits alone on top of the mountain staring down at everyone else that played PG. Some of them are on the mountain but looking up. And always will be.

LOL what! Are you serious? Magic literally led the NBA in assists in the most competitive PG era till recently. I can't take you serious right now. You trolling heavy. Magic was leading his team to titles, impactful wins and he didn't have to spam the PnR either.  The 90s wasn't a PG era. You had Bimbo Coles would wouldn't have got tick in the 80s getting big minutes in the 90s. It was a weak era. Sorry but I can't buy Stockton stock and I got extreme love for him but not on the level of CP3, Curry, Zeke, and especially Magic.

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sothron wants to get laughed out of the barbershop with statements like this.

I stand firmly by Soth on this Stockton top 4, and stand by you with Magic being my gun 🔫 at the point in my dream team, with Mike being the opposite 2 guard.

SPUD’S DREAM TEAM BACKCOURT :dance:

image.gif.0bdfba294f8a99f214ff6aacb8c0fae3.gif

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I stand firmly by Soth on this Stockton top 4, and stand by you with Magic being my gun 🔫 at the point in my dream team, with Mike being the opposite 2 guard.

SPUD’S DREAM TEAM BACKCOURT :dance:

image.gif.0bdfba294f8a99f214ff6aacb8c0fae3.gif

Who is he better than?

Magic

CP3

Curry

Or Zeke. 

I don't think he is better than any of them or close to any of them outside of Zeke. 

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Magic was never a terrible defender, he was a net neutral defender who's versatile on that end. 

Magic still hasn't found a peer as a PG since. That's how elite he was offensively. 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

1. Magic

2. Zeke

3. Stockton 

4. 🧤 Oak town’s finest 

5. Nash

6. CP3

7. Kidd

CP3 6th? LMAO 

No Curry? Come on son. Really? This is extreme disrespect. 

I can't take this seriously at all. Its trolling.

I got Stockton ahead of CP3.

How? CP3 is a much better player. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Curry

I honestly don’t see him as a lead guard. He’s a small 2. When I think of a point man I think of a table setter. Curry is amongst a different bread of score fist points, he doesn’t even weigh in on the pure point debate to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I honestly don’t see him as a lead guard. He’s a small 2. When I think of a point man I think of a table setter. Curry is amongst a different bread of score fist points, he doesn’t even weigh in on the pure point debate to me.

He's a PG by trade and always has been in the NBA. Saying he's not a true PG isn't what the all time rankings are even about. 

If you want to create a list for true PGs, you can, but when I say greatest PGs of all time. I am talking about guys who are listed by position as a PG.

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

How? CP3 is a much better player. 

Stats favor Stockton and he’s been to the finals twice vs CP’s once. Again being the NBA’S ALL TIME ASSISTS AND STEALS has to account for something. 

Both are extremely great defenders obviously. I have them closely rated.

One is 3rd and the other is 6th. I’m not disrespecting CP3 at all. In fact I wanted him or Marv in 2005. I thought CP was the next Zeke which was dang close. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's a PG as trade and always has been in the NBA. Saying he's not a true PG isn't what the all time rankings are even about. 

So where does he rank in your all time? I do have a Curry bias or lack there of as everyone knows. I assure you I’m not trolling but Curry is just a lil piece of crap 💩 is all.

All that dancing 💃, comon homie.

Stats favor Stockton and he’s been to the finals twice vs CP’s once. Again being the NBA’S ALL TIME ASSISTS AND STEALS has to account for something. 

Both are extremely great defenders obviously. I have them closely rated.

One is 3rd and the other is 6th. I’m not disrespecting CP3 at all. In fact I wanted him or Marv in 2005. I thought CP was the next Zeke which was dang close. 

Like what stats, CP3 dominate him by WS, he is a superior offensive and defensive player. He's lead better offenses throughout his career. He's been a winner far more than Stockton. He had one of the greatest rookie seasons of all time while Stockton barely played. There are no advanced metrics that favor Stockton over Paul. NONE! 

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No. Just no. Stockton was All Defense and All World in terms of assists, running a team, making shots when it was time to make shots. He has no peer including Magic Johnson. It isn't even close. 

A lot of times people look at the number of Chips Magic won and the amount that Stockton didn't win.  However, those are team accolades.  What makes Stockton so great is his toughness and his ability to get all those assists and hit shots with regularity.   Magic was a great player. No doubt.   Great PG too.. Just not the greatest ever.   Also, I saw Oscar Robinson raising his hand!!  Isaiah Thomas hobbled in on one leg and said he can get you 25/9.

• Like 1

So where does he rank in your all time? I do have a Curry bias or lack there of as everyone knows. I assure you I’m not trolling but Curry is just a lil piece of crap 💩 is all.

All that dancing 💃, comon homie.

As a PG, he's 2nd, ahead of Paul but they been fighting for 2nd for years and Paul is on his ass. Curry had some of the greatest single seasons we seen in NBA history. 

Overall, he's close to the top 10 but not quite there yet. 

My Mt. Rushmore is Bron, MJ, Russell, and Kareem. Duncan, Wilt, Shaq, Kobe, Bird, and Magic are just barely on the outside. All of them have a case. Curry is knocking on that door as is Paul. Giannis and Durant is as well and I think Durant and Curry will join that 2nd tier.