• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

Ok this is us even though we aren’t listed. 

JC +16 for #4.

There are reportedly "a lot of teams" looking to trade up to select Jaden Ivey in the 2022 NBA draft, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski reported Thursday on NBA Countdownthat teams are looking to trade with the Sacramento Kings for the No. 4 pick:

The list of interested teams includes the Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, New York Knicks and Washington Wizards, although Wojnarowski reported the Kings' asking price will be "significant."

Ivey could be the fourth player off the board on June 23 after the projected top three of Jabari Smith, Chet Holmgren and Paolo Banchero in some order.

Then we select my guy Keegan Murray at 4.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok this is us even though we aren’t listed. 

JC +16 for #4.

There are reportedly "a lot of teams" looking to trade up to select Jaden Ivey in the 2022 NBA draft, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski reported Thursday on NBA Countdownthat teams are looking to trade with the Sacramento Kings for the No. 4 pick:

The list of interested teams includes the Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, New York Knicks and Washington Wizards, although Wojnarowski reported the Kings' asking price will be "significant."

Ivey could be the fourth player off the board on June 23 after the projected top three of Jabari Smith, Chet Holmgren and Paolo Banchero in some order.

Then we select my guy Keegan Murray at 4.

Won't get it done. The price is too high. OKC called too and was told SGA. That was the end of the conversation 

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member

I'm co-captain of the Lu Dort ship, and I'm not confident that he could be paired with even the #8 pick to get to #7. He's a niche player right now, and you either have to make him an RFA--which could make him a $8-$12m player on your payroll--or you have to be content for him to be an expiring, and as such, likely to test the market next year. He can't legitimately be the starter on a contending team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

I just hope Ayton is ready to elevate his game to another level. He's got the ability, but he hasn't shown the consistency to be one of the great players in this league.

Let’s get him here first! However that’s not something I believe we’d have to worry about for Ayton. I think the Ayton being featured more on offense is all the motivation he needs to show he can get to another level 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think a good formula is concentrating your players into 3-4 really reliable scoring guys plus some defensive role players. No more bogi+huerter+gallo.. I'd like to see this:

Trae
*20+ ppg SG*
Dre
Defensive PF.. maybe Onyeka???? (Trade JC for a SG package)
Ayton *20 PPG+* and high usage

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Is that deal dependent on who's on the board?

At first, I thought we wanted #7 to package for Simmons... but since TS said no Overhauls... I was thinking..

Sure would be interesting to come out of the draft with Agbaji and Jalen Williams.   Or maybe one of Mark Williams or Jalen Duren...

7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Farreal?

That’s highway robbery 

That's because you value draft picks very highly...

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Let’s get him here first! However that’s not something I believe we’d have to worry about for Ayton. I think the Ayton being featured more on offense is all the motivation he needs to show he can get to another level 

I have major questions about him defensively in terms of being a piece with Trae Young. I have major doubts. He's a good defensively player but he's not very good, excellent like Capela, or elite like Gobert. 

He's the same defensive tier as JC this year. By the way, the JC disrespect is getting out of hand from other fanbases.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I agree with most of the options that appear on this article. I don't like Derrick Jones Jr personnally and I think the cost/Risk of Trent Jr, Thybulle and Simmons will be too high.

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/defensive-trade-and-free-agent-targets-for-hawks/

Our top person should be Wright.   After that.. IDC.. 

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I have major questions about him defensively in terms of being a piece with Trae Young. I have major doubts. He's a good defensively player but he's not very good, excellent like Capela, or elite like Gobert. 

He's the same defensive tier as JC this year. By the way, the JC disrespect is getting out of hand from other fanbases.

He is 23 years old. Players improve at this young age.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

What do you think of the following trade... (based on the article in Soaring down South)

Huerter for Green and Thybulle.

I think Philly gets a good player in Kev...  But we get some good defensive players.

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What do you think of the following trade... (based on the article in Soaring down South)

Huerter for Green and Thybulle.

I think Philly gets a good player in Kev...  But we get some good defensive players.

No.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

2) Their core consist of 3 HOF caliber players.  We only have 1. Our Core resembles Golden State before they won the title ( Curry, David Lee, Monta Ellis )

This illustrates and supports my assertion that Hawks fans demanding significant changes are Hawks fans who, though they know our young core, ie, key players, are all on the right side of 25, they think of them as being 2-4 years older than they are even so... hehe.

At the time GSW made the big move that sent Monta Ellis to MIL, he was 26. David Lee was 28.

Not the same thing, my friend.

Hence the theme of so many of my posts... these are not players who have yet hit their ceilings conventionally speaking. And yet, even at that, they have an EC Finals appearance under their belt and ran a .621 in normal games most recently.

This team needs some tweaking; but by no means, significant turnover. Let's see if Schlenk's actions fit his words. Hopefully so.

• Like 1