• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dejounte Murray (Woj)

NBASupes

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow… :yes:Amazing stat..

Murray will often get it off the glass himself. He had the second-highestdefensive rebounding percentage (19.6%) among 198 players 6-foot-6 and shorter who averaged at least 10 minutes per game last season. 

And #1 just happens to be a 6-6 F/C named Draymond Green 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two things that are surprising me thus far with Murray in the early going:

1.  He dribbles a lot, too much sometimes 

2. He's not getting to the free-throw line like I thought he would: averaging 2 attempts per game (granted he took ZERO in the last 2 games)

Murray needs to be the star when Trae is having an off-night. They don’t necessarily both need to have Star nights all the time but it’s good to have one or the other. That’s what I’m looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two things that are surprising me thus far with Murray in the early going:

1.  He dribbles a lot, too much sometimes 

2. He's not getting to the free-throw line like I thought he would: averaging 2 attempts per game (granted he took ZERO in the last 2 games)

He basically has stopped passing and has gone full blown Luka!  And he ain't Luka!  The offense grinds to a halt when he is running point and the 2nd unit's scoring efficiency mainly depends on whether he is hitting shots or not.   I hope this isn't his ceiling as a back up point guard.  Otherwise we might be in a little trouble

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Murray needs to be the star when Trae is having an off-night. They don’t necessarily both need to have Star nights all the time but it’s good to have one or the other. That’s what I’m looking for.

I need them both to do a better job running the bench units.....get them involved early and often.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He basically has stopped passing and has gone full blown Luka!  And he ain't Luka!  The offense grinds to a halt when he is running point and the 2nd unit's scoring efficiency mainly depends on whether he is hitting shots or not.   I hope this isn't his ceiling as a back up point guard.  Otherwise we might be in a little trouble

He was an Allstars for a reason though.  I think this is an area where growing pains rears it's ugly head.  Getting to know folks and how he fits.  That's my hope.

I look forward to the part where they figure out roles because that means the opposing team can't take a breather all game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I look forward to the part where they figure out roles because that means the opposing team can't take a breather all game.

They?  Who are you referring to when you say they.  This is strictly a Murray issue when Trae is off the floor.  The Guy has started going almost 100% iso on every possession with the 2nd unit and he is just a so so Iso player with questionable handles.  Like I say, I hope this isn't his ceiling as a lead guard on offense.

• Premium Member
On 11/7/2022 at 9:46 AM, Atlantaholic said:

They are giving him the open mid-ranger on the PNRs

That's because most coaches understand you want to take away open 3s and dunks while Nate's philosophy is collapse on the paint and let them fire open threes from the corner all game.  You have to shoot nearly 60% on mid rangers to reach league average points per possession, just average.  Yet we draw plays and encourage nothing but mid rangers.  This does not even account for how unlikely it is to draw fouls shooting pull up mid range shots

6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

That's because most coaches understand you want to take away open 3s and dunks while Nate's philosophy is collapse on the paint and let them fire open threes from the corner all game.  You have to shoot nearly 60% on mid rangers to reach league average points per possession, just average.  Yet we draw plays and encourage nothing but mid rangers.  This does not even account for how unlikely it is to draw fouls shooting pull up mid range shots

That's where Murray does most of his damage and no coach including Nate wants to give up corner 3s.