• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's just not a paint protector and I've said this a thousand times, as long as we got Trae, a paint protector will be critical. That's why Capela is critical. 

Time to draft or trade for a young, BIG defensive center then...CC looks old all of a sudden..Hopefully he's just getting into game shape....

Edited by terrell

50 minutes ago, terrell said:

Time to draft or trade for a young, BIG defensive center then...CC looks old all of a sudden..Hopefully he's just getting into game shape....

I like Jaxon Hayes. I think he's a good fit although he's not ready yet to start 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like Jaxon Hayes. I think he's a good fit although he's not ready yet to start 

Yeah alot of fans wanted him during the draft..until we moved up for Dre.

Is he not backing up Big Val in N.O.?

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

yes.  Who was it Woody who did this too?   'Well 4 minutes on the clock time to take him out'.   Why would anyone think this is a good approach i don't know.   And I'm more of a Nate supporter than most i feel.  

All coaches do this on the 1st half.

It's the 2nd half is when coaches may deviate from their set rotations.

Considering that all of our bench guys are shaky at best, it'll be best for Nate to not commit to a set 9 players, and give fringe guys like AJ, Tank, and Vit a chance to provide a spark and earn extra minutes.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah alot of fans wanted him during the draft..until we moved up for Dre.

Is he not backing up Big Val in N.O.?

He is but he really don't fit. Zion kinda made him irrelevant and getting Val put him as more of a backup. That said, I don't get the idea that he's free. I just think we could offer them something to get him. He fits what we do.

hace 2 horas, NBASupes dijo:

He's just not a paint protector and I've said this a thousand times, as long as we got Trae, a paint protector will be critical. That's why Capela is critical. 

I fully agree with that statement, but there are other options than Jaxson Hayes, I would make a move for Bamba instead or just sign as FA Hassan Whiteside or Demarcus Cousins, we need to protect the paint.

46 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I fully agree with that statement, but there are other options than Jaxson Hayes, I would make a move for Bamba instead or just sign as FA Hassan Whiteside or Demarcus Cousins, we need to protect the paint.

Those dudes can't move, that's why no one wants them 

My problem with pre-set rotations and a rigid 9-man unit is that AH, JH, and JJ are at best only marginally better than AJ, Vit, Martin, and Frank.

They should not have any guaranteed anything, especially if they are struggling and we need a spark. Nate let these guys sink without throwing them a lifesaver. Our starters are our starters, and we are committed to getting OO more playing time. After that, dudes need to prove themselves every second out on the court.

We watched guys with nothing going get killed out on the court. That’s not coaching to win.

• Like 4

TRIVIA ANSWER:

Both AJ & OO had a (+) for the Hornet game.  Griffin was easy.  He had a 2 point shot and two 3 pointers in his brief time on the floor.  0017 might be a suprise to some, but he did it!

Now, the red faced Hawks fly to Detroit for their next two games.  After what happened in the last game, I epect the Hawks to take out their flustrsations on the Pistons !!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

🧑‍🔧

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

My problem with pre-set rotations and a rigid 9-man unit is that AH, JH, and JJ are at best only marginally better than AJ, Vit, Martin, and Frank.

They should not have any guaranteed anything, especially if they are struggling and we need a spark. Nate let these guys sink without throwing them a lifesaver. Our starters are our starters, and we are committed to getting OO more playing time. After that, dudes need to prove themselves every second out on the court.

We watched guys with nothing going get killed out on the court. That’s not coaching to win.

I don't care how many times it gets posted, I will like all comments complaining about Nate's archaic rotation schedule.  It's tough to defend him when there are 30 year old scheduling softwares that can make his subs and call his timeouts for him.  None of those bench guys should be able to have any comfort their jobs cannot be taken by another player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If Nate changed the 9 man rotation and instead of AH, JH, and JJ, he played AJ, Martin, and Frank.. would you like the 9 man rotation?

Do you dislike the rotation or do you dislike his choice of personnel?

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Nate changed the 9 man rotation and instead of AH, JH, and JJ, he played AJ, Martin, and Frank.. would you like the 9 man rotation?

🚶‍♂️YES!!

• Haha 1

I haven't heard it in a while.  Years ago, around here, we might hear:

"He (or she) is old and set in their ways."

Although Nate is not old at all, this might be the expression to describe him.  He decides who, when and how and pretty much sticks to that very rotation.  Nothing much changes.  He's set in his ways.

With an extra day off to lick their wounds before these Hawks fly to Detroit, will we see any changes in the rotation?  Did any of the nine lose their spot?  Something to ponder on.

😉

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It's fine if he this his '9 is the 9'...but what I want is for him to have some flexibility in that rotation based on game circumstances particularly when the bench guys are struggling. Mix it up!

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, theheroatl said:

If anything I’d like to see a stretch center that can shoot 3’s like Al Horford and Draymond

I don't want a stretch center who shoots 3's at a 31.5% clip.  I have no idea why anyone would guard Green on the perimeter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AHF said:

I don't want a stretch center who shoots 3's at a 31.5% clip.  I have no idea why anyone would guard Green on the perimeter.

They wouldn’t.

Plus, Green is all of 6’6. We don’t need an undersized center that can’t shoot.