• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae/OO PnR is up at the basket. DJ delivers the ball down low with the bounce 

OO wasn't a good PNR partner with Trae either.   He sets a long pick and he brings the ball down.... The thing he needs to understand about Trae and especially DJM is that they don't need long to get by.  But OO holds that pick too long, when he moves, he's moving too close to DJM....   Trae can still get him the ball but he doesn't go up with it, he brings it downs and dribbles.  He needs to learn from Clint and JC.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Looks like the Hawks have decided passing is too risky with the Bicks active hands. Everything is iso or one pass then a shot.

Well, you have seen the steals that the Bucks are getting.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I actually think we are playing hard. Milwaukee will cool down but the issue is Giannis is cold, when he warms up, is it too much to overcome for us 

Yup! This is how it was vs the Knicks except neither team was scoring and Giannis wasn’t being aggressive. He’s going to either get aggressive mid 3rd quarter or start of 4th quarter.

the physicality vs the bucks is always a concern right now. We need to add a lengthy defender who is good at setting picks. Maybe Jonathan Issac if he’s available.

• Premium Member

We'll come back out better.   It is the second night of a back to back.

We've focused on stopping Giannis from getting downhill (Check).  We have been trying to shade big help in the middle and leaving Brooks wide open outside.   We need to switch to a Zone and put Trae out there. 

I just got through the thread and nobody mentioned Trae going ape doo doo in the first!!! That was awesome I love our lil superstar. 

We playing hard. On the road, it ain’t easy, we haven’t played our best and we haven’t spread the rock well yet, let’s get some Hawks basketball going this second half.

Dejounte with that lazy entry pass and Cap will the sling lol, it’s a long season indeed. 

Come Hunter, step up! We need an X factor tonight, whose it gonna be? AJ? Nate let the kid run a bit. Loosen the leash coach.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

OO is not a good roll man.  Never has been.   He brings the ball down everytime.  Lately, his feetwork has been bad  and his pick set has been poor.    Murray gave up on him and the PNR a few games back. 

That's just not true. Last year OO was tied with JC at 1.44 PPP as the roll man. His screens aren't the most solid but it's on the guard to navigate. I mean OO has the highest FG% in the league right now, Murray if anything needs to adjust how he's driving or find the open shooter, because settling for those jumpers is unnecesary in this offense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yup! This is how it was vs the Knicks except neither team was scoring and Giannis wasn’t being aggressive. He’s going to either get aggressive mid 3rd quarter or start of 4th quarter.

the physicality vs the bucks is always a concern right now. We need to add a lengthy defender who is good at setting picks. Maybe Jonathan Issac if he’s available.

If Nate trusted AJ more, I would trade Bogi for Issac

Just now, nathan2331 said:

That's just not true. Last year OO was tied with JC at 1.44 PPP as the roll man. His screens aren't the most solid but it's on the guard to navigate. I mean OO has the highest FG% in the league right now, Murray if anything needs to adjust how he's driving or find the open shooter, because settling for those jumpers is unnecesary in this offense.

Don't respond to him on OO. He already has his mind made up

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

I just got through the thread and nobody mentioned Trae going ape doo doo in the first!!! That was awesome I love our lil superstar. 

We playing hard. On the road, it ain’t easy, we haven’t played our best and we haven’t spread the rock well yet, let’s get some Hawks basketball going this second half.

Dejounte with that lazy entry pass and Cap will the sling lol, it’s a long season indeed. 

Come Hunter, step up! We need an X factor tonight, whose it gonna be? AJ? Nate let the kid run a bit. Loosen the leash coach.

This would be a good night for an AJ coming out party!!!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

OH.. it's true.   That PPP is probably due more to Trae... He does exactly what I said everytime.