• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Damn.  My favorite flick of Trae ever.

Yeah, you can't beat Cyclops diving on the floor for the loose ball.    That should be on his All NBA team nomination. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

We traded Kev to save cash, it wasn't to free up minutes for oft inuured Bogi.

No... but many people insist that we should have traded Bogi instead of Kev. 

Bogi is a champion Baby!!

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Since we're a work in progress, nobody knows where to put us.  Some has us a low and #10 in the East, some has us as High as #3.   Right now nobody is wrong. 

But as far as championship teams.  When Durant left the Warriors, the Warriors were still a championship team and proved it last year.   Namely, if you have a system in place, you can win.  You do need talent and I believe that toronto has that.   That's why they are such a hard out.   I want to see what we become.   I think we have the potential to become monsters in the East.   But so does Cleveland.  I like our design because we do have defense.  And Bogi's coming back...

We gotta agree to disagree on this 'championship team' thing.  Not that I'm gonna try and change your mind, but to offer my POV:

GSW remained a championship team because they had championship personnel before and after KD left.  Look at CLE before/after Lebron left.  The "championship-ness" depends on who's on the team.  Talent = culture.  Not the other way around.  Right now, TOR has 2 of those dudes left.  They're a tough out simply because they play hard for 48 minutes, not because of supposed championship DNA. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Think Spud's other guy, Jae Crowder, fits the job description pretty well and would probably get ample minutes as a rotation guy even, but the price apparently is steep.

How is the price steep when the Suns are the ones who are cornered in here. He’s a free agent, if you don’t deal him you lose him for nothing. We will give you JHol and a 2nd rounder.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

This was a DJM win period. Trae didn't do the "little things" to help us win this game. If anything our defense finally had a chance to clamp down when Trae went out. 

I mean we had erased a 23 point deficit and taken the lead when Trae went down.   He had 10 points on 80% shooting in the 2nd quarter. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

if you don’t deal him you lose him for nothing.

Then again, do you?

If you don't deal him, you forfeit millions of dollars, yes, for no on-court production.

But off-court?

You send the message to other current and future players, "You're not the boss, and we will not be manipulated." That has some value.

You also send the message across the league, "We're not going to settle for anything less than our price, so you might as well forget your visions of a steep discount." That has some value.

Wise?

I don't claim the omniscience to know. But it's a legitimate question.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No I like the one of him and Jimmy on the floor gettin it on in last year’s playoffs.

I didn’t see any that were especially poignant but this one looks like they’re in a long distance relationship with Jimmy jumping into Traes less-than-enthused arms.DA43DC5F-F04A-4009-B64B-70DE625201DC.thumb.jpeg.4e37ee236e4ecdfc7ad573584927d175.jpeg

• Haha 1