• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Real teams move the ball.  We play one on one.  It's boring, and it's a loser's game.

I hate watching this team honestly.. I just do because Im a huge fan... Shit is so frustrating.. Your turn, my turn....Thats the offense I want a new GM/Coach players..Only 2 or 3 guys at most on this roster Id consider untouchable..  And AJ is one  because I see so much potential..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Landry got his work cut out for him. I am so disappointed in Trae and Murray. You two mfers were cooking and just started playing 2k ball. No getting AJ involved. Dre was basically hanging with Mr. Cooper tonight. Okongwu got like 8 touches with actions. JC was being guarded by scrubs, get him the f***ing rock! This should have been an offensive clinic.

YMCA players Trae and Murray are most of the times...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I disagree. Frank was out of position on several defensive possessions. He didn't make an attempt to rebound the entire game. Nate's choice to change Lloyd Pierces offensive scheme and development staff has haunted this team since he officially took over. Nate was an assistant for a reason. 

Yes obviously Frank sucks ass. I'm just saying he didn't give up the 53 rebounds himself. We were outscored 18-28 after Onyeka subbed in for Kaminsky in the fourth. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I actually liked Okongwu game today. It was our perimeter defense and Frank that f***ed us the most. We just couldn't get stops enough. Rebounding was a problem too but it was massively an issue anytime Okongwu was out of the game. 

Okongwu got his rebounds late.  He had 11 for the game, but 5 of those came in the 4th quarter.  Our frontline players were horrible on the boards tonight.

• Like 2

You got stupid mfers on this site like start AJ. Why? So he could stand in the corner for 3 quarters while Trae and Murray play 2k and ends up with 20 touches and plays bad defense too. Now he's the new Kevin Huerter? Come on man, ya'll f***ing nuts. This shit ain't working because these mfers are too selfish to make it work. Nate don't preach selfishness. I watched those Sonics with Ray Allen and the Blazers with Brandon Roy and even Sabonis with the Pacers. It's just these f***ing Hawks. Ball hogging. Shit shot selection. Ill-advised dribbling, bad decision after bad decision, more decision making down the stretch. This is the Hawks. 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

I am realizing Trae and Murray only get Hunter involved is because defenses are too keyed into them to get their own offense going so they just give him the rock as it's the only option. We don't give players the rock willingly.

I don't think they're that nefarious. If they pass Hunter the ball, his only choices are iso or get a screen because nothing else is happening off the ball for anybody. I can understand their thought process (to an extent) that they can create a better shot on their own. At the end of the day though, that kind of basketball is uninspiring and has been unsuccessful when it counts.

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

We can bitch and whine about the offense and there's obviously a lot of criticisms to be made about that. 

The Hawks collected 22 defensive rebounds on a night Houston missed 46 shots. Hard to explain how absolutely incredibly awful this is. People saying Onyeka had a good game. He had 6 defensive rebounds in 33 mins. We were awful rebounding the ball. If we rebounded we win this by at least 15 even with our shit offense in the 4th. 

I said he had a solid game cause he did. He was the only big in the paint at times where there was 3 other Rockets. The Hawks didn't crash the paint and they still got killed in transition to the Rockets. If the Rockets weren't such a f*** up, they would have handled us tonight badly. 

• Premium Member

The Rockets gambled on Trae and Dejounte not being able to beat them by themselves and won.  The Hawks don't have ball and player movement by design and that's the problem offensively.  Seeing Trae and Dejounte look guys off who were open was infuriating, especially in the second half.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

We can bitch and whine about the offense and there's obviously a lot of criticisms to be made about that. 

The Hawks collected 22 defensive rebounds on a night Houston missed 46 shots. Hard to explain how absolutely incredibly awful this is. People saying Onyeka had a good game. He had 6 defensive rebounds in 33 mins. We were awful rebounding the ball. If we rebounded we win this by at least 15 even with our shit offense in the 4th. 

If Collins and OO can't protect the d boards and dominate inside versus the rockets they both need to be traded. 

36 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

52 shots between Trae and DJM <<<<Extremely selfish shit

19 shots for the rest of the starters

AJ.....4 F*CKING SHOTS!!!

15 Team assists

Nate's offense can go to Hell!!!

Just for perspective:

Trae and DJM:   27 - 52 FG . . . 12 - 23 3FG . . 8 assists . . 7 turnovers . . 83 points

Rest of the starters:  5 - 19 FG . . . 0 - 10 3FG . . 21 rebounds . . 4 blocks . . 20 points

AJ had 5 shots . . . for 11 points

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Okongwu got his rebounds late.  He had 11 for the game, but 5 of those came in the 4th quarter.  Our frontline players were horrible on the boards tonight.

Like I said, rebounding wasn't a killer till Okongwu was out of the game. Not saying Houston wasn't getting offensive rebounds when O was in there but they weren't finishing around the rim like that. When he wasn't there, it might as well been an easy basket