• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Nearly had a devastating collapse to an 11-20 team that was playing on the second night of a back to back, and at home no less. A win is a win, but we are not closing out games the way we need to be. 

It was funny.  They went to Lauren and she was explaining how the coaching staff was preaching that they need to close better.  Only, they were literally collapsing as she was talking.

By the time she was done, iRobot was finally and mercifully calling a TO to (not) stop the bleeding.  Am I remembering that right?  I think I am.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Judging by the look on Trae’s face, he feels the same about Moe Wagner as I do.

Dude was a Zimmerman fan.

Wagner’s Twitter account showed he had liked a tweet that read: “Zimmerman killed a man who bigger than him after said man attacked him unprovoked and pounded his head into pavement ‘mma style.’ He has to sign ‘racist paraphernalia’ because the Black community he had volunteered his time to help prior to the incident tried to ruin him…”

He got hacked huh? Yeaaaa right MEYERS LEONARD.

3CE18FD5-2A81-455C-BA54-3EE8DA304F8B.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Almost one of the worst collapses in Hawks history. What the heck happened there late. We should stopped putting point on the board and they kept scoring and our D went away. If this dude, #7 on the Magic doesn’t pull a BEN SIMMONS and puts in the layup they win. 

34A7F956-C0B9-4029-B8CE-5A893EA44C63.jpeg

Luckily we pulled it out but wow. Didn’t love the play call to trap DM in the corner either but Blanchero bailed us out!

Trae was a superstar with crazy numbers as usual and had it going on tonight. I liked this one from “death range”!

FEF6D0CE-4845-4F8B-ACAD-F9D592F47DEA.jpeg

Welcome back Bob! We missed you! 

GO HAWKS! 

3A669F79-D7FA-4E9E-AB6B-C5F531DDF23B.jpeg

9CF13B7D-5D67-4C06-8FDD-28835E729154.jpeg

Trae is lucky that went in because that is a terrible shot when you're up 9 with 12 on the shot clock.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Nearly had a devastating collapse to an 11-20 team that was playing on the second night of a back to back, and at home no less. A win is a win, but we are not closing out games the way we need to be. 

Calling them an 11-20 is misleading, imo.  They just beat Boston twice, Toronto twice, us and the Clippers.  They came in as hot as any team in the league and playing very well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No it isn't. 

It's the type of shot that he's traditionally made throughout his career.  A lot of you get caught up in the distance of the shot.  But he's shooting better from 30+ feet out ( 15 / 40 = 38% ) . . than he does on 3 pointers less than 30 feet ( 43 / 158 = 27% ).

The reason is that Trae needs space to get his shot off.  The further he is away from the basket, the more in rhythm and less rushed his shots tend to be.  It's when he's closer to the 3 point line, is when you see all of the fancy dribbles and quick step backs to get the shot off.

If he's wide open, and he can shoot the shot in rhythm, it's a good shot for him.  Always has been.

Trae loves the dagger. He hits a lot of them too I agree with you there... But then the team starts to do weird stuff for some reason...........

It was the best game of the year for him until the 4th imo. He made HOF passes, made jumpers, was efficient, and dominated the game.

But, in the 4th he went 1-4 from the field. Minus 8. When Trae was subbed into the game the score was 117-106. 11 point lead.

Trae has to close these types of games. He should have easily had 40 and 15 with a double digit win, but he and Murray tried their best to lose the game.

Trae is terrible in the final 2 minutes of the game, and has been that way for the vast majority of his career.

The last three minutes were just pitiful, but we've now seen that so many times it's almost a guarantee. And other teams know it too.

Part of the issue, and I blame tv and/or the Warriors success of recent years, is the obsession of young players with 'the dagger'.

Hitting the dagger shot to be shown on ESPN and Social media...then start playing differently. Instead of playing each possession (and winning most of those possessions and thus the game).

It was great to see him getting his groove back, and a win is a win is a win, but our best players have to be better late in games..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, bleachkit said:

JC didn't take any threes tonight. Went 5-7 from the field. With CC out he go back to doing what's he's good at. 

As much as I've wanted him replaced the last few years with a true stretch 4 who can guard multiple positions(I wanted to keep him after the Murray trade btw), He looked so comfortable out there as the primary roll man. On the pnr he finishes so well, and finds good space. He's much better on offense when he is in the right role. I love Capela, but I wouldn’t be against keeping Collins and getting Myles Turner type or a stretch 5 who can protect the rim.  Then getting a big rim protector off the bench....

12, 7 and 3 in 20 minutes...Its either one or the other for me just like Ive been saying.. JC has to go or CC has to go..Pick one Travis.. lol..

Btw, I don’t understand why he had a minutes restriction, but Murray didn’t. Murray was horrible and looked slow all night..He wasnt moving well at all imo.. He wasn’t explosive. He didn’t make the hustle plays he usually does. In the 4th he was competing with Trae in a contest to throw the game. 1-7 three. Poor ball-handling, and decision making. Tonight was the night for him to have a minutes restriction. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Last night showed why Capela is so important to this team.  He raises our floor more than any other player, by far.  Trae is our ceiling raiser.

Having Capela out of the lineup, we can lose to ANYONE, so I'm just glad we came away with a win, but it sure didn't feel like we deserved it watching the last three minutes of that game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Last night showed why Capela is so important to this team.  He raises our floor more than any other player, by far.  Trae is our ceiling raiser.

Having Capela out of the lineup, we can lose to ANYONE, so I'm just glad we came away with a win, but it sure didn't feel like we deserved it watching the last three minutes of that game.

I love what CC brings.. I just dont like his fit with JC.. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Threezus said:

The dude literally dribbles the clock out and goes to the right and tries hero ball almost every game in the last 2 minutes multiple times. 

It's his job to dribble the clock down when we're up.   The problem is that there was no movement or other plays being set up when he's dribbling the clock down.   There should be some kind of movement.   That's on Nate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tell Nate to call something else.

Murray brought the ball up and turned it over.

I've noticed that Murray makes questionable bounce passes a lot. I wanted to say that Murray should have the ball to close us out.. but Nope.  It's best with Trae but somebody on the coaching staff needs to teach some plays to close with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1