• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Whew.

Hawks are a winning team!  Yay!

Quality win.  They were on a B2B but you couldn’t tell.  Ended their streak.  We needed every bit of DJ and John; Forrest, Frank, Culver etc wouldn’t have gotten it done tonight.

Leggo.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

Welcome back Bob! This win is for you, although they almost gave you a heart attack.

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Trae really pisses me off near the end of games way to much.  The dude literally dribbles the clock out and goes to the right and tries hero ball almost every game in the last 2 minutes multiple times.  It feels like it almost always lets teams back into games.   He is a great offensive player but damn man that dude really needs to learn to move the ball more and trust his guys to help him finish games.

Glad we won for sure thats always a big + but he's gotta grow and do better.

That's on Nate telling him to slow it down. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ugly down the stretch, but good win. Orlando has been playing good basketball. 

The offense is starting to click and without Clint the defense is horrible.  However, once he gets back, we should be good to go.

I've been out of commission for the past few days. Had the Zeiss Smile procedure (LASIK) and now I can finally see!

I like the way Trae played most of the game. In the 4th he has to play better, but he acknowledged that.  The ball movement has improved too. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Welcome back Bob! This win is for you, although they almost gave you a heart attack.

That's on Nate telling him to slow it down. 

Im fine with it being slowed down but the ball can still be moved and not always be brought up on the right side and doing the same move to the basket on the right side multiple times in a row lol.  Thats way to predictable when the other team knows it's coming like clockwork.

Now with that said i still don't care for nate much at all and think we could do much better than him no doubt.

Edited by Threezus

Dropped Direct and went to Bally plus.  Everything worked until tonight.  Only NC and Tenn. teams.  No Hawks.  On the phone the entire game, trying to get problem fixed.  Miss all the game.  Watched the scoreboard on computer.  Hawks were shut out the final 3 minutes until Murray hit two free throws.  Glad for the win.

:smug:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Trae really pisses me off near the end of games way to much.  The dude literally dribbles the clock out and goes to the right and tries hero ball almost every game in the last 2 minutes multiple times.  It feels like it almost always lets teams back into games.   He is a great offensive player but damn man that dude really needs to learn to move the ball more and trust his guys to help him finish games.

Glad we won for sure thats always a big + but he's gotta grow and do better.

Why does Trae insist on taking tough contested shots in crunch time? Just run your best damn play. 

• Like 3

Hawks closing games is a problem..

Especially when you bench the guy who has hit 2 game winners and leave DJM in when he was clearly struggling offensively..

Good thing he made those FT's... On to the next one..

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Thank God we survived with the win. So many things wrong in the last two minutes of that game. Trae's hero ball instinct has to be modified with an actual offensive set to create movement. The "play" was literally four guys just stand around or attempt a brush screen with no movement. None. That's not all on Trae. That's on the coach.

Also have Trae inbound is insanely stupid. We have Jalen Johnson who can inbound. He LITERALLY JUST DID THIS to WIN a game by inbounding. Trae is way too short to inbound. We need him on the court to be a distraction if nothing else.

I don't want to get too negative because we have enough posters that will ignore an All NBA level game from Trae to focus on the only negative in the game. Just glad we won and we are getting guys healthy again.

You're just stating facts.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

AJ Griffin is so impressive! Should have been on the floor to end the game.

I was shocked he was not!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1