• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Another funny thing is ORL was actually not playing well.  They just kept playing, which is all a team needs to do to beat us rn.

Well, Orlando doesn't know that they are supposed to give up.   Ask the Celtics.   The Celtics got up on them in their first game and Orlando just kept rebounding.  Kept making plays.  Kept scoring inside and in both of their games with the Celtics, their outside shooting wasn't what brought them back.. their rebounding and inside play did that.   The Celtics better hope that they don't match up with Orlando in the playoffs.   Upset city.   They played good enough defense to stop Brown.. they outrebounded the Celtics with Williams... and they won.  

I'm glad we caught them on the second night of a B2B but they caught us the first time they beat us one the second night of a B2B so it's even. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hope ORL keeps Anthony.  That dudes not good.  He'll have a decent game or stretch every once in a while but ...  eesh, me no likey. 

Totally agree.   Plus Trae loves embarrassing him and he does so pretty well.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I've noticed that Murray makes questionable bounce passes a lot. I wanted to say that Murray should have the ball to close us out.. but Nope.  It's best with Trae but somebody on the coaching staff needs to teach some plays to close with. 

Love or hate Trae, you can always say he is good at dribbling the ball; however, the last 3 minutes both he and DJM forgot how to dribble and make simple passes. Happens I guess, but was way too close for a game where the Hawks played well for 45 minutes.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well don't forget soth is also partial to BOS.  He just doesn't bring it up often.  Haha

Speaking of Loston, if we face them in the playoffs, I may work on a new song.

Remember when Trae unbounded the ball off Grant Williams' boodee and scored am easy bucket a few years ago?

Well I may work up a remix of Sir Mixx-a-Lot, but call it 'Trae-bee got Back' by Sir Assists-a-Lot. 😄

To be fair I kinda lost my Celtics vibe after the Reggie Lewis tragedy, Dino Radja going back to Europe and the team just being bad. I am glad KG won a title with someone so if it wasn't the Wolves I did root for those Celtics in the Finals.

One of the things I love about 2k this year: My Era lets me keep Reggie Lewis alive. Drazen Petrovic is alive and well. Len Bias is having a great career. The guys who got hurt now didn't get hurt too. I never wished a video game was more accurate to real life...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This should not go understated.  Orlando is better than their record.  Ask the Celtics who lost two home games to Orlando.  Fultz is becoming a monster.  Banchero (still needs to be touched up but ran off the floor like Lebron after losing to Orlando... i.e. was going to say like a little girl but I wanted to stay PC) is going to be a top PF in this game.   Even that dude who sounds like a Ship Captain or a Bible Publisher... he shoots very well.   And the Wagner Brothers with Bol Bol.. Orlando has a lot. 

BUT.

We Got you Mordo!!!

Who is Jamahl Mosley? Mavericks assistant coach could be top candidate to  replace Rick Carlisle | Sporting News

I Robot Wink on Make a GIF

You can see why Fultz was the number 1 pick. He was by far the best Athlete on the floor most of the game.

That dude glides around the court and can explode off the floor at all different angles.

If he has gotten his shot ironed out he will be a problem.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Besides the stagnant 3+ minutes we also gave up too many Offensive Rebounds - again.

That's on me.  I posted at halftime that we had only given up one offensive rebound.  Then all hell broke loose in the second half.  
I'm grounded ...

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I hope ORL keeps Anthony.  That dudes not good.  He'll have a decent game or stretch every once in a while but ...  eesh, me no likey. 

Talk about making it on your daddy's name....

He don't even look like his daddy.   KMart Jr. Should be treated better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

The guys who got hurt now didn't get hurt too. I never wished a video game was more accurate to real life...

What about Marcus Camby and Anfernee Hardaway??  If those two guys are not oft injured then that game might be worth something.. but unrealistic. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

You can see why Fultz was the number 1 pick. He was by far the best Athlete on the floor most of the game.

That dude glides around the court and can explode off the floor at all different angles.

If he has gotten his shot ironed out he will be a problem.

I think his problem was that he couldn't run an offense.   But Mordo is smart.  Mordo doesn't put too many duties on Fultz.   When Fultz gets the ball his primary objective is score or pass it away.   When Fultz was in Philly, they expected too much.   Just imagine Mordo with Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid.   Damn.

Oh yeah and Harris was Ben Simmons'd last night.  Trae got another one to give up an easy layup and pass the ball out.   We should call that.. "THE MITTEN EFFECT"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Talk about making it on your daddy's name....

He don't even look like his daddy.   KMart Jr. Should be treated better. 

He was just ok in cbb but, as toy said,had the right name and inflated HS game.

He had some moments over the past couple years, but Fultz is miles better for them.

I wonder what their rotation will be going forward because I don't think Suggs is all that great either. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

What about Marcus Camby and Anfernee Hardaway??  If those two guys are not oft injured then that game might be worth something.. but unrealistic. 

Yes, they can stay healthy along with Brad Daugherty, Larry Johnson, Grant Hill, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden, Brandon Roy...just about any guy you can think of that had major injuries can have a full career. 

• Like 1