• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

only a six page thread 

😂

It's only natural there's more to be said after a loss. Debating about why we lost, who didn't play well, various other team issues. There are a handful of troll posters who only comment after losses, but that's not the reason the threads are longer. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I love the way the team played as a whole. Everybody was moving and sharing the ball. So much so, a couple of guys were surprised the ball came back to them and wasn’t ready to shoot when they got it. I couldn’t believe Dre came back after that ankle sprain. The first time I have seen him not baby an injury.  Clint is amazing, Bogi got it going, John had his intangibles, Murray was in rhythm, and Trae oh boy Trae. Outstanding all around game. Effort, defense, pass first, good efficiency, and NO turnovers.  That top 8 rotation with AJ will be a force to reckon with in the league if they play all out each game. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dre? With this kind of pass? More please.

Dre has a lot of development to come.   Dre has worked on scoring this summer.   I think he has taken being aggressive to mean always find a shot.   For the first 20 games, that's all he did was try to find his shot.   It's disruptive to have one player just decide to go ISO.   Dre' has to move away from that Melo teaching.   So here's the thing for Dre':

1.  You can't stand on the three point line and do nothing. 

2.   You can't go Iso everytime you get the ball. 

You have to learn that it's OK to pass sometimes and let your game create gravity.  Put him in the Scotty Pippen Film watch.  Aside from amazing footwork and defensive pressure, the best thing about Pippen was he knew what to do with the ball.   He knew when it was time to go in for a score and when it was time to pass out, hit a cutter, reset the offense, or Shoot a three.   I say Dre' lacks BBIQ because he doesn't watch the floor.  He will still dribble right into a double team.  Your offense can't be... "next time I get the ball, I'm going to hit them with the dribble drive to the right."  without seeing what you have when you get the ball.   He's like Bill Walsh on the court.   Bill Walsh use to have a list of plays and at the beginning of the game, he ran those plays.. regardless of what the defense looked like.   Then he'd examine the effectiveness of those plays and make up his game plan.     Dre seems like he gets the ball with a play already in mind.   Without even considering what the defense is doing.   He can do better than that.. he needs awareness. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

It's only natural there's more to be said after a loss. Debating about why we lost, who didn't play well, various other team issues. There are a handful of troll posters who only comment after losses, but that's not the reason the threads are longer. 

That's not what generally happens. 

What generally happens is the folks with agendas against certain players or certain coach come out and start their diatribe and will address every post with that agenda.   When we win, or when said player plays well...

Disappear GIFs | Tenor

The agenda is so thick.. somebody said, I'm not watching the game but it looks like somebody has taken too many shots (speaking of Trae) and I think they quoted his shots.   At the time Trae had 23 points, on 10/14 shooting. It's just ridiculous the amount of agenda filled hate that we see after a loss.   The folks who are still mad about Luka that show up to say I told you so after every loss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

I couldn’t believe Dre came back after that ankle sprain.

When Dre went back to the locker room, he didn't go back as somebody who had a sprain.  He kinda stomped his way back like he was mad.   I questioned if he was injured at all.  I don't think his shoes were tied tight enough for him to injuriously roll his ankle. 

Just now, Diesel said:

Will these ever make it to the NBA?

Review-Speed XC Lite FiveFingers from Vibram - Birthday Shoes - Toe Shoes,  Barefoot or Minimalist Shoes, and Vibram FiveFingers Reviews, News, Forums

Dudes at gyms wore them about 8 years ago. Not sure if it still in. They would have worked perfectly for me because I have these monkey toes, they aren’t webbed at all and easily separate. 

Basically if I spreadem out I can give @kg01 a vertical handshake 🤝 :huh:

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

@Dieseldid you have both the orange and green fat laces in the 80’s or just one?

I had the Green and Grey Philadelphia Eagles Pumas with the Grey Fat Laces. 

I had the All Black Atlanta Falcons Pumas with the Red Stripe and the Red Fat Laces. 

I had the Creme and Crimson Pumas with the Crimson Fat Laces. 

And a Blue Pair of Pumas... Blue and White.   With White Fat Laces. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

These sound sick 🤒 

Funny Story..

The Green and Grey were my favorites because they were hard to find AND THEY WERE SICK.  This was back when I used to live in Walters.   Anyway...  I hated Blue and White Pumas because everybody had them.   Probably why I listed them last.    So I'm being recruited to go to a certain college to play football.  An Astute Recruiter had noticed that I only wear suede Pumas and had a backer of the program to buy me a pair... The Blue and White ones.  I was gracious...because nobody had ever taken that much notice of me like that.   But I didn't go to that school.  So I sweated out my first year playing for another school scared that the recruiter was going to SNITCH and end my career all over a pair of Blue and White Pumas.   I had only wore the Blue and whites once and my friend talked me into selling him the Blue and whites for a discount ($20).... "to get rid of the evidence." So I did.  I only regret taking that gift in the first place. 

Now I'm old and Pumas aren't even made in my size.   Otherwise, I would get some tomorrow. Maybe I need to go to Argentina and see if they have Suede Pumas in my size there??

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Coincidentally, that's why I love "NIL"...  If you are an old head here, you probably know that I have always been one to lead the fight to pay Student Athletes.   Reason being is because the school makes so much money off of the players and they really don't get much in return.  I've watch Universities be made great off of the backs of a few great teams who made it to Bowl games... and for most of the players, all they got was a Degree... which they probably could have gotten without playing. 

I think Basketball is even worse.   Kobe, KG, Lebron, and others have shown that you don't have to go to college to be great in the league.   But as long as you have March Madness, you will need the best college players to fuel the success of the tourney.  The tourney makes lots of money for the NCAA.  So the least you can do is allow the athletes to make money in "Profit sharing".  NIL is a start.  But if you're going to mandate that a pro player play at least 1 year of college, you have to do more.