• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Clippers

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah I definitely understand that but I still believe we could have been slightly better if we had a better coach.

it wasn’t only Nate’s scheme that aggravates me and others but also his odd substitution patterns. Like leaving bogi out there is one of the main reasons clippers got rolling outside of the terrible rebounding.

as long as we find our true identity and a way to win games ….I don’t care if never win by 20 points….just win.

He's a good coach, I don't know that many better and I don't know any better who doesn't have a job right now. 

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Trae needs to bottle this performance up.  The floater was confident, the varied pass types dazzling, showing obvious effort on defense, and wasn’t complaining to the refs too tough.

Zubac is ass. He was getting killed all night in screen action. He was looking like Boogie or Dwight out there. Bro is a min contract big. He adds no value outside of decent paint protection skills.

Edited by NBASupes

6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Kawhi is a great matchup for Hunter, he struggles against quicker wings.  Also they iso a ton which is great for murray/hunter because the rest of the team can't mess up and leave them scrambling

Fair but effort and general IQ seemed higher tonight.  Pumpfake usually sends him 457 feet into the air.  Last night he stayed down.  Can he atleast give me that consistently?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Curious if the West Coast trip messes with the rest of you like it does me.  Watching games is a rhythm thing to me and it just throws me off.

If I lived in the East Coast again and older like I am now, I am sure if I was, I would be having issues with my internal clock

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Curious if the West Coast trip messes with the rest of you like it does me.  Watching games is a rhythm thing to me and it just throws me off.

I'm still recovering from the Warriors double OT game, which was the night before I went back to work (after a week+ off)

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'm midwest and it still sucks.   I ended up just recording the games, going off the grid and then watching it the next day.  Easy to do with the weekend games.  It's actually nice to be able to wake up and have a Hawks game to watch on a weekend morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Nah, I just walk around like a zombie for a week and a half or so.

Also, 'lies detected'.  We all know you don't watch games, homes. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Zubac is ass. He was getting killed all night in screen action. He was looking like Boogie or Dwight out there. Bro is a min contract big. He adds no value outside of decent paint protection skills.

I don’t know how you injected Zubac into that comment lol, you must’ve misquoted.  

I’ve always liked him but I can’t disagree.  He had a couple years of good impact (‘19-‘21, +5 and +9 on court) but these last couple years the Clippers couldn’t wait to get him off the floor.  

I still hold out hope that he, Josh Giddey, Anfernee Simons, and Talen Horton-Tucker can be true impact players with metrics that don’t hurt my eyes.  I might be dead before that happens.  Same with you and Cam lol.

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Curious if the West Coast trip messes with the rest of you like it does me.

I liiiiiv in the wessss coasss… 

Live shot:

Spud at 8:43 (well into the 3rd Q)

C-walkin bady whachu know bout dat? :beach:

image.gif.1047f0b54c894a233f1783c57191d386.gif

#westcoastbadboyriders

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nah, I just walk around like a zombie for a week and a half or so.

Also, 'lies detected'.  We all know you don't watch games, homes. 

I just pictured you as Tom Hanks in the Burbs.. in the cul de (of course) :sarcastic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I don’t know how you injected Zubac into that comment lol, you must’ve misquoted.  

I’ve always liked him but I can’t disagree.  He had a couple years of good impact (‘19-‘21, +5 and +9 on court) but these last couple years the Clippers couldn’t wait to get him off the floor.  

I still hold out hope that he, Josh Giddey, Anfernee Simons, and Talen Horton-Tucker can be true impact players with metrics that don’t hurt my eyes.  I might be dead before that happens.  Same with you and Cam lol.

I've given up on Cam. It's his personality man. It just sucks. If he can have Aaron Reddish (his little brother) personality and drive with killa's body and talent, man, Cam would be a beast but would have never slipped passed 3. 

His paint protection is solid but his rim protection is bad and his switchability is garbage. Magic was right on him. In a min big situation like Thomas Bryant, he's solid but in a rotational big situation, he's ass

If I am LAC, I am trading whatever Atlanta wants for Capela.

Edited by NBASupes

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Will someone please tell Bogi to limit those tough contested shots. That's not your shot!

What was he like 2-14. He missed a lot. I don’t know why he does that. Shooters shoot but he gets in JOHN STARKS mode like stop 🛑 dawg just stop it, pass it.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
On 1/8/2023 at 11:51 PM, Diesel said:

Trae played exceptionally on offense but his defense... was What!!!

I saw the mitten get a steal (anticipation).. then I seen him double Kawhi and give him some fits. 

There was this one possession when the Clippers had the ball and Kawhi was being defended by Dre (quite well I may add) and Kawhi called for a screen with the man Tre was guarding.  Trae recognizing Kawhi wanted Trae to defend him, switched with Murray’s man first so Murray ended up defending Kawhi. Brilliant. Kawhi ended up passing to someone else who missed the shot.  This is the one area on defense I think Trae can excel. He is obviously an offensive savant, therefor he should be able recognize what other offenses are trying to do to him and he can anticipate and gum up their offensive sets. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

There was this one possession when the Clippers had the ball and Kawhi was being defended by Dre (quite well I may add) and Kawhi called for a screen with the man Tre was guarding.  Trae recognizing Kawhi wanted Trae to defend him, switched with Murray’s man first so Murray ended up defending Kawhi. Brilliant. Kawhi ended up passing to someone else who missed the shot.  This is the one area on defense I think Trae can excel. He is obviously an offensive savant, therefor he should be able recognize what other offenses are trying to do to him and he can anticipate and gum up their offensive sets. 

Can't find that exact clip but this:

Defense is a lot about communication.

• Like 2