• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry I don’t get it though, why do you want to discuss some nitwit saying that Landry didn’t want Quin and Korver did or whatever. I mean, who the hell gives a crap? Like I said before haters will hate.

Jeff, you’ve also mentioned that we don’t like to talk about the Hawks faults and that’s not true. I’m a huge optimist and think we’ve underachieved and played kinda half hearted this season. If you want me to bag on Trae though I’m not gonna bite, every player has ups and downs and for some reason or another, with Trae it’s being magnified. I guarantee it’s the media from NY trying to destroy him because he destroyed them.

lol it would be crazy if you didn't think they underachieved this season considering you pegged them for 2nd in the conference :clown:

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, shakes said:

lol it would be crazy if you didn't think they underachieved this season considering you pegged them for 2nd in the conference :clown:

For what it's worth, I don't think it was a clown take thinking we could be 2nd in the conference before the season started -- just healthy optimism.  There are still a lot of reasons to believe the talent on this squad could seed that high, even if the team doesn't fit perfectly.  Now that we have a better coach, I think we will absolutely trend in that direction the next couple of years.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

It's always bothered me that people have been equating an expanded rotation with good coaching.  The Chauncey Billups Pistons would rotate 7.  Only McDyess and Lyndsey Hunter would come off the bench.  

I think what people are actually saying when they want a bigger rotation is their favorite pet project isn't getting PT.  Since they fantasize about them becoming a key player, it's the coach's fault that it isn't happening.    

That was my point exactly.    We've changed coaches and from the jump he says... Jalen isn't playing because it's not usual to have a 10 man squad.   i.e.  Jalen isn't a top 10 player on this squad.  A lot of people feel the way they feel about Jalen because we drafted him.   But now... two hall of fame coaches have had the same sentiment about him... i.e. we need him but he's not one of my best 9 players right now.   The problem is that the Jalen stans crucified Nate for saying it and doing it.. but I haven't heard a chirp about Snyder saying it and doing it. 

How long before the cries of "Snyder only plays vets"... will go out.  How long before the sentiment that "Snyder is not about player development". 

I'm looking forward to seeing the open hypocrisy.  Hell, it has already started.   I heard no JayBird comments on Snyder's statement about not playing JJ?  Wasn't this the straw that got Nate fired for you?  DIdn't you spend the last 1.5 years talking about how Nate don't play Rookies and Should have played JJ.. even though AJ had more minutes than he deserved??

Im-watching GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

For what it's worth, I don't think it was a clown take thinking we could be 2nd in the conference before the season started -- just healthy optimism.  There are still a lot of reasons to believe the talent on this squad could seed that high, even if the team doesn't fit perfectly.  Now that we have a better coach, I think we will absolutely trend in that direction the next couple of years.

The clown take was in reference to him acting like he's making some great concession admitting the team has underachieved when he had them pegged for 2nd in the conference.  Its like when someone is all alone with the ball and they dribble off their foot out of bounds and then they turn to their teammates and say "my bad" like no shit sherlock we all know it's your bad.

That said, picking us for 2nd pre season was also a clown take 🤡

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That was my point exactly.    We've changed coaches and from the jump he says... Jalen isn't playing because it's not usual to have a 10 man squad.   i.e.  Jalen isn't a top 10 player on this squad.  A lot of people feel the way they feel about Jalen because we drafted him.   But now... two hall of fame coaches have had the same sentiment about him... i.e. we need him but he's not one of my best 9 players right now.   The problem is that the Jalen stans crucified Nate for saying it and doing it.. but I haven't heard a chirp about Snyder saying it and doing it. 

How long before the cries of "Snyder only plays vets"... will go out.  How long before the sentiment that "Snyder is not about player development". 

I'm looking forward to seeing the open hypocrisy.  Hell, it has already started.   I heard no JayBird comments on Snyder's statement about not playing JJ?  Wasn't this the straw that got Nate fired for you?  DIdn't you spend the last 1.5 years talking about how Nate don't play Rookies and Should have played JJ.. even though AJ had more minutes than he deserved??

It's one game so far. Quin also said aj could be sitting and Jalen would get in. It's true 10 man rotation is rare in the NBA. Regular season is usually 9 and in the playoffs it can go to 8.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It's one game so far. Quin also said aj could be sitting and Jalen would get in. It's true 10 man rotation is rare in the NBA. Regular season is usually 9 and in the playoffs it can go to 8.

Just noting that when Nate said the exact same thing, it was met with hostility on this board as if it's something a coach shouldn't do. 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

...... tell me something only dies-o would know, AI. 

You do know Diesel has always been in the machine world right?  I mean, back in 2002, don't you remember Dieselputer?  The schematics for Deep Blue were copied from the Dieselputer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

While I like that Quin is addressing this, I do not like his answer.  Maybe he hasn't watched the team enough in the past 6 weeks, but it's OBVIOUS that this team has played well with JJ on the floor. And he's played well in that time span.  It's actually AJ who is starting to fall off in these past few weeks, after playing outstanding ball himself in January.  AJ is 1 - 14 from 3 in his last 7 games.

I get it.  We want to get Saddiq Bey his minutes.  But honestly, he should only play over JJ at the 4, if the team is trying to get him the ball to make shots.  If he's not getting the ball to make shots, he's an undersized defensive liability.

image.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

I've definitely said it, and will continue to say it.

For a team that has major trouble with size and rebounding the basketball, Jalen has to be in this lineup to compensate for some of our deficiencies.

There are times in which Jalen isn't part of our best 9 players.  But there are situations and matchups in which Jalen may be one of our top 7 players.

The coaches have done a bad job keeping him in this rotation, in hopes that other people will start to play well.  It's crazy that he's not in this rotation, when this team is small as hell.