• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards (2 of 2)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

The bench is perfect with Okungwu, Johnson, Bey, Murray/Trae, and Bogi.  I said at the beginning of the season that the Hawks would have a better bench than most poster thought possible.  Of Course I didn't know we would land a guy like Bey for essentially nothing.

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The bench is perfect with Okungwu, Johnson, Bey, Murray/Trae, and Bogi.  I said at the beginning of the season that the Hawks would have a better bench than most poster thought possible.  Of Course I didn't know we would land a guy like Bey for essentially nothing.

Johnson ability to play the 3 on defense helps as he's more of a 4 on offense but Bey is a guard on offense so he has a lot more space with Bey than he even had with Gallo. Because JC is also a 4 on offense, JC and JJ get in each other's way

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

14 pages? I’m at work haven’t read any posts on this thread or seen the score. I’m gonna predict weeeee… won? :er:

I’ll be back to watch the game and read every single comment. Wait, it’s Friday night though, 14 pages.. I don’t know we could have won or lost, I’ll stick with my original optimism and say we won. 🤞🏿 hope.

Social media has drawn people to negativity, I don’t know why.

I wonder what the average page length is on game threads (mods?). As a general barometer if I didn’t watch a game but check the game thread soon after 10-11 pages means the Hawks won no drama.  14-16 they beat a good team or won with drama.  18+ they loss to a bad team or got blown out by a good one, and there’s either a Trae or Dre debate lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The bench has been cooking.  Problem is the starters were carrying the team before the addition of Bey, and they fell off the wagon as a unit right when the bench got it together.  

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

The bench has been cooking.  Problem is the starters were carrying the team before the addition of Bey, and they fell off the wagon as a unit right when the bench got it together.  

The bench has been significant...  The Killer Bs are the main reason.   Bogi shooting damn near 60% from three and Bey being able to hit threes and score.   OO plays very good athletic and physical defense.  Our bench is great.  I think on some nights, they will be the difference maker.  

I hope that DJ can get back on track though. He puts up good numbers but he has a lot of different parts of his game that could use some help and when his shot is off as it has been, those parts are amplified.  

• Like 2

Thought Hawks might gain on the Heat.  Cleveland said, "No way!" as they faded away and the Heat rallied for their win.  

Hawks hit their 3's and our opponent didn't.  

Wonder how Bruno is doing in workouts with the team?  How would he look with a minute or two in live action with the bench?  Or, maybe with the starters when he gives Capela a brief rest?

Returning home, Back to back game against a rested opponent.  How easy could this be?  We know our record on those type of game.

0017, you have a problem at the line.  Shape up.

:smug:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

The bench has been significant...  The Killer Bs are the main reason.   Bogi shooting damn near 60% from three and Bey being able to hit threes and score.   OO plays very good athletic and physical defense.  Our bench is great.  I think on some nights, they will be the difference maker.  

I hope that DJ can get back on track though. He puts up good numbers but he has a lot of different parts of his game that could use some help and when his shot is off as it has been, those parts are amplified.  

I wish we would play him less minutes. He plays way more than everyone else. 

Finished the game last night late. Trae is a lil beastie superstar, big shot maker, that last 3 wow, took some 🥜 and we know he gottem!

I love Saddiq. Dude is smart, tough and to top it all off, a quick trigger marksman from deep as well as a rugged defender. ❤️ 

Bogi is feeling it and reading squawk and wanting you guys to stop with the Huerter drool :ph34r:🤤 .. A hot 🥵 Bogi is a top shooter in the league. He is zoning in under Q. 

OO needs to keep working at the FT line. 

Jalen keeps looking for comfy. Boarding in limited minutes. 

3-3 under Q now. Smart ball is working and we are turning into an organized looking group out there.

One last thing: I’ve noticed we are starting to get hockey 🏒 assists which is the sign of a team moving the rock around and swinging it nicely. 

Tough one tonight against the Celts but maybe we come in and work off momentum. Schedule makers blow. 

GO HAWKS!!!!

• Like 3