Official Game Thread: Hawks at Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . . Hunter you had 3 seconds and probably 2 dribbles to get a better shot.

Good Lord.   This team is something else.

Superstar turning it over left and right on errant passes, when he should be staying aggressive.

Dudes can't get stops in the paint.

Shooters can't knock down game winning shots.

Coach not playing impact players in the game when we need stability.

To me, this was a worse loss than the Spurs loss.  At least with the Spurs, you can say that they just got red hot and killed us from 3.

This game, we did more than enough to win, and just gave it away . . . again.

These are your 2023 Atlanta Hawks.

Summed up in a tidy little bow! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . . Hunter you had 3 seconds and probably 2 dribbles to get a better shot.

Superstar turning it over left and right on errant passes, when he should be staying aggressive.

To me, this was a worse loss than the Spurs loss.  At least with the Spurs, you can say that they just got red hot and killed us from 3.

These games are just pre-training camp so I don't even get too mad anymore.  This year is sunk cost but will benefit us greatly next year. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

KAT as a PF with Gobert works offensively. That’s a large front court to guard and Collins just isn’t big enough to defend a big body like KAT.

Synder has to start using OO at times when it matters the most and OO should have been given the opportunity to guard KAT on the bad no call KAT got away with but even then it’s not inspiring to see Collins consistently get beat off the dribble. Reed even took JC off the dribble during a crucial time in the 4th.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Remember when I said "our starters play dumb.. All 5 of them"

Dude had 3.6 sec and hoist a brick.. smfh

And dont get me started on Trae Young tonight.. Geez..

Dude basically gives us nothing late but stupid turnovers and foul baiting....

Edited by terrell

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

KAT as a PF with Gobert works offensively. That’s a large front court to guard and Collins just isn’t big enough to defend a big body like KAT.

Synder has to start using OO at times when it matters the most and OO should have been given the opportunity to guard KAT on the bad no call KAT got away with but even then it’s not inspiring to see Collins consistently get beat off the dribble. Reed even took JC off the dribble during a crucial time in the 4th.

My biggest problem with JC.. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Exactly my reaction as I saw that Dre 3 clank off the backboard.   I was like in disbelief, and expecting that, at the same time.

Dre not built for that. He doesn't have an internal clock for that kind of shot.

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

These games are just pre-training camp so I don't even get too mad anymore.  This year is sunk cost but will benefit us greatly next year. 

I don't think I've ever had a more frustrating season, but like you said at this point, it is what it is.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The game completely changed when Q took OO out. He was dominant defensively. I get the whole 5 fouls thing, but if he wasn't going to come back in, just let him stay until he picks up his 6th.

What good is it to have OO sitting on the bench with 5 fouls for the last 7 min of the game? Especially when Clint looked pretty bad during that stretch and minny went on their run. I don't get it. 

He shouldve been guarding KAT on that last possession...

I swear Quin is just seeing what he has in the starters at this point..

No way he actually cares about winning and losing games that much this season.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

He shouldve been guarding KAT on that last possession...

I swear Quin is just seeing what he has in the starters at this point..

No way he actually cares about winning and losing games that much this season.

I've been saying this. Quin ain't trying to win. Nate was trying harder and he wasn't trying either unless it was spam. 

• Like 1